Thursday 2 September 2021

My Favorite Things . . .

 

  

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.   

 

These two little monkeys. Its really hard to get a photograph of either of them as they are always in commotion or sleeping. I did manage to capture this one of them sleeping on the TV tray next to the sofa yesterday.  Its all fur and whiskers. 

 

Little pink paws are one of my favorite things along with little bellies to snuffle and scratch. 
 

My friend Mary from Georgia sent me a bag of this a few days ago. (Amongst other things, but will let you know about that separately.)  I am in love. Now all I have to do is to find some here.  Oh my goodness, addictive! 


Buttons. My whole collection got left behind.  I have always love buttons. I will have to start collecting again. 
 

Anything with lemon in it, or made from lemons. LEMON anything.  Love Lemons! 


Nova Scotia Duck Tollers. Oh, I do wish I could have a dog. I am a dog person. But alas I cannot walk a dog.  This is like the doggie version of a Ginger cat don't you think?  Apparently they are full of energy.  More than I could cope with. But they are beautiful dogs. 
 


Sea Shells.  Must get to the beach . . . 


Red shoes. I know you must get tired of reading me say that  . . . 


Coloured glass bottles.  My Uncle Harold used to have a bottle collection. It was huge. It was a whole room full. I wonder if he still has it? 
 
 


Changing leaves  . . .  its coming  . . .  soon. 
  



Hearts, any way, any form.  Love hearts . . . 


Teddy Bears  . . .  gasp . . .  my teddy bears  . . .  😥😭 Oh well. 
 

Snail mail  . . . I hope it never disappears . . . 


Autumn. Its my favorite time of year! 


Pumpkins.  A pumpkin gathering.  Pumpkins altogether in a bunch. 
 


The colours of autumn . . . 

 

This came up on my memories this morning. I have always loved this one. I have no idea which art arrived in my boxes and what got left behind. I need to go through the box and see. I am afraid it would break my heart so I put it off.

 

My sister made these oat cakes.  Cape Breton Oat Cakes. Sooo delicious. I need to get the recipe so that I can share them with you.

 

Cinnamon. She is the calmest of the two. Her eyes are changing colour. I think they are going to be gold.

 

There is going to be some fermentation going on. I plan on making some pro-biotic kraut. I got the jars and I got the weights. Now just need to get the cabbage.



Paint days with my sister. Hers were so much nicer. The fun part was just being together.

   

Autumn cookies  . . .  left all my cookie cutters behind also . . . I should have brought the things that couldn't break instead of the things that could. Hindsight is always 20/20. 

 

 

Making collages.  I have not made any in a while now  . . . 

 


The smell of a new box of crayons. Its the smell of September  . . . 

 


Fresh fabrics . . .  in autumn colours  . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week. What are some of yours?

Oh, but it is raining cats and dogs out there this morning. It won't be a great day for photography today. The kitty cats are going crazy with play time at the moment. That sound of paws scrambling back and forth on the floor is a delight.

I see that Susan Branch has cancelled her trip across American to California by train. I think that is the safest thing to do personally. I am not going to be travelling anywhere for a very long time methinks. I have noticed that all of the arrows on the floors in the stores have disappeared and the mask wearing notices.  I, personally, will be wearing a mask for the unforeseeable future. If the Prophet says to wear a mask and maintain the protocol, I am wearing a mask and keeping my distance.  Until he says not to, the mask is staying on and nothing is changing for me. 

My daughter went out for lunch with her cousin from Ontario two weeks ago and I haven't had her over to see the kittens yet because I wanted to wait and make sure all was okay.

Uh oh, there is some growling going on. That's a first! Must investigate!

A thought to carry with you . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.Be pretty if you can, be witty if you must,
but be gracious if it kills you  . . . 
~Esle de Wolfe  •。★★ 。* 。 


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole. Delicious. Sized for two.

Have a great Thursday!  Whatever you get up to, rain or shine, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  




11 comments:

  1. Lovely favorites today. Enjoy those new roommates, they’re so dear.
    Painting with sister…..priceless! xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a bit of chill in thea air when I woke up today and it felt good. It reminds me that colder days are on the way. What a delight your kittens are. As for me I don't have the energy for cats or dogs here at my house, They both take some work and I can no longer do enough for either one of them. Don't worry about what you left behind, it was only stuff that can be replaced. Enjoy each day as it comes, Life is such a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lake out in my street at the moment! It’s rained buckets. It is cooler though. Life is a gift for sure! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love seeing kitty photos. Enjoy the rain, we desperately need some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you're getting rain, Marie. It's a lovely cool day here with no humidity. Your kitties are so beautiful. Are they sleeping through the night? It must have been disappointing for Susan and Joe to cancel their trip. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They haven’t been bothering me at night, so I guess they are Elaine! I am sure it must have been a huge disappointment for Susan and Joe. Xoxo

      Delete
  5. I like both paintings!! You know smaller dogs do not require so much exercise...and esp. if they are mid-aged dogs...though I suppose with young kitties, it would be safer to get a young pup too, so they grew up together. My daughter here has a fairly large dog (it turned out to be after grown) and she hired a lady to walk her several times a day. Interestingly enough, after several years hunting for someone to fix her fence and gates, this lady has done that for her and done a great job!! You never quite know how things will work out in life...ha!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!