Monday 13 September 2021

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

 

 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.    


Getting my RS/PH lesson over with for the month. I don't mind teaching at all, although it is a bit daunting to teach to both the Priesthood and the Relief Society. I am used to just teaching the sisters.  I hardly slept Saturday night. (No surprise there. I am always like that when I have something important to do in the morning. I wish it wasn't so, but there it is.)  I am like that if I go out at night as well. Anything out of my ordinary routine disturbs my sleep patterns.

In any case I did sleep well last night. Was in bed early and slept right through to 7 a.m. this morning! 


Being able to partake of the Sacrament on Sunday mornings, to renew my Baptismal Covenants, to remember the Savior in that special way. I so missed being able to participate in this over those long months so it is an extra special blessing to be able to do so now. I will never take this for granted again. It is probably one of the most meaningful and wonderful things we get to do in the church.

And yesterday there was also a Baby blessing. I love those.  The father gets to give their baby a name and a pronounce a blessing on the child for life.  Its a very special thing. A bit different now due to Covid. Pre-Covid all the worthy Priesthood members of the family would gather around the child and participate in the blessing. Now its only the father.  God willing one day things will get back to normal. 


 Having Sunday Dinner at my sisters with her delicious homemade meatloaf and mac and cheese.  Oh, and Peach & Rosemary Crisp for dessert with ice cream.  Delicious meal. Fabulous company.  The love of family. Its the best. 


Wonderful conversations with my two oldest sons and my daughter Eileen. Of course Eileen and I talk just about every day. My two oldest sons not quite as frequently, but they are in regular touch.  I get to talk to my grandsons also.  Best thing ever my oldest son's youngest boy has gotten an iPhone watch and so I added him to my phone and sent him a text just to make sure it was working.  I texted to him, "Grammy loves you."  He texted me back, "I love Grammy too."  I texted back "thank you."  He texted me back, "I love you a lot and I hope to visit you soon."   

Made my day, my week, my month, 
my year, my life! 

My heart melted.


These two little characters make my heart melt as well.  Nutmeg bathing himself  . . . 

 

Cinnamon sleeping like an angel.  

My legs and hands/arms are full of scratches from their little claws, but they are such a joy in my life, already.  I have their first Vet appointment on the 29th of the month in mid afternoon. They will get their boosters, etc.  I will have them chipped as well I think.  Just in case.  Right now they are curled up around my feet. They are a real blessing to me. I will never be alone in my house again. 😊 


I am going to my sister's this morning. We are going to paint and Dan is going to detail my car, etc. Nice and clean before the Winter.  Next month I will need to have its safety inspection done and get the Winter tires put on, etc. ready for the Winter ahead. 

When I think of the life I am living now, I am amazed at how much it has changed. Its a bit mind boggling really. Its filled with so much good, I sometimes need to pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming. Oh, I have my sad days and probably always will, but for the most part my life is full and good and filled with more blessings than my cup can hold. I am a very lucky/blessed woman.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛One day you will tell your story
of how you overcame what you went through,
and it will become someone else's survival guide.
~Brene Brown•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。
  



My friend Jacquie came for lunch the other day and I made us a delicious Curry Roasted Root Vegetable Soup.  We dined on that and salad and had lemon squares for dessert.  It was nice to be able to get together. We've been friends for about 22 years now! You can find the recipe today in The English Kitchen

I hope your week ahead is filled with an abundance of small and wonderful things.  Too many to count.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  


14 comments:

  1. A different life..a better life🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely phone text from your grandson. Such a little sweetheart. So nice to have Sunday dinner with your family. Are your kitties too young to be spade and neutered yet. That will probably be more traumatizing for you than for them. Enjoy your Monday. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely thing to receive Elaine. I should be able to spay and neuter the kittens by December! You are right, I will be in bits! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. We had a baptism at our church yesterday and welcomed the newest member of our church. It's always such a happy occassion! All their family came to cheer them on. Such happy faces everywhere. I guess we both had a good Sunday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did Pam! A Baptism is always a lovely occasion! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. What a delightful weekend you had. And it sounds like a lovely week coming up!
    Best, best, V

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to have busy days, filled with love and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A 'MUCH' better life...I concur!!! It's all yours to enjoy, to live more fully...I am so very happy for you . It knits itself together into a circle around you..a nest and will sustain and support you as you move ever forward into the light. You are doing well...Congrats....C


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Carlene. Very different in many ways, but yes, richer and fuller in many others. Xoxo

      Delete
  7. You are certainly living a most busy life!! I am so glad at least some of your children and grandchildren are so in touch!! May GOD bless them for that!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elizabeth! I hope all of yours are safe and well. Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!