Tuesday 14 September 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

   

FOR TODAY, September 14th, 2021

Outside my window ...
All is calm and clear.  The sky is blue with just a few clouds. Its 12*C now and expected to go up to 18*C. So quite a pleasant day. I think 18* is 64.4*F.  They say a few showers this morning and rain by tonight.  I took down my hummingbird feeder yesterday and cleaned it up to store it for the Winter. Autumn is upon us.

I am thinking ...
I want to vote in the upcoming Federal Election, my first time in 21 years, but I don't know who to vote for. I want to vote responsibly. I've always considered my vote to be very important. Whereas my parents always voted for a particular party without considering the candidate and the policies, I prefer to vote for the party which mostly aligns itself with what I think is good for my country, and that is not always the same party.  The country's needs vary according to the times in my opinion.

I am looking forward to ...
Seeing what today brings to my table. I was up later again this morning. I couldn't get to sleep until one a.m. again.  I hate it when my sleep timetable gets messed up! 

I am thankful for ...
A comfortable bed to sleep in!  I have an Endy and its the best! I bought the mattress first, back in December of last year because mom's old mattress was not cutting it.  Then I bought the frame for the mattress when I went to move into this place Both were worth every penny. Considering you spend roughly half your life in bed, a bed is a really important piece of kit! 

In the kitchen ... 



Roasted Sausages with Goats Cheese Stuffed Baby Potatoes and Butter Roasted Mushrooms.  Deliciously simple sheet pan dinner for two! You can get the recipe here


On my "To Cook" list ... 


Little Broken.  Fig and Walnut Stuffed Cookies.  These look fabulous! 


One of my favorite things ... 


My sister gave me one of her homemade art journals. Fabric covered with 26 painting/sketching surfaces inside, using Archer's watercolor paper. I love mine. It is the blue bee one. I told her she should  make these and sell them. They are beautiful. I can't wait to fill mine up! 

 

I also love this ink and water color sketch she did of some of her art supplies. I just think she is amazingly talented. I think she needs to start an art blog.

I am wanting to create ...  



Quietly Stitching. I love the colours in this blanket.  

 

Anchor Crafts.  These Reindeer Ornaments are really cute. 


Live Oak Nest. How to create a Faith Journal. 



Mishelino. I love these bears. So cute. 

 

No source, but I love this bracelet made using Scrabble tiles and Anne of Green Gables quotes.

I am reading ... 



Gap Creek, by Robert Morgan 

There is a most unusual woman living in Gap Creek. Julie Harmon works hard, "hard as a man" they say, so hard that at times she's not sure she can stop. People depend on her. They need her to slaughter the hogs and nurse the dying. People are weak, and there is so much to do. 


She is just a teenager when her little brother dies in her arms. That same year she marries Hank and moves down into the valley where fire and visions visit themselves on her and where con men and drunks come calling. 

 Julie and Hank discover that the modern world is complex, grinding ever on without pause or concern for their hard work. To survive, they must find out whether love can keep chaos and madness at bay. With Julie, Robert Morgan has brought to life one of the most memorable women in modern American literature with the same skill that led the Boston Book Review to say that he writes "with an authority usually associated with the great novelists of the last century." 

 In this novel, Morgan returns to the vivid world of the Appalachian high country to follow Julie and Hank in their new life on Gap Creek and their efforts to make sense of the world in the last years of the nineteenth century. Scratching out a life for themselves, always at risk of losing it all, Julie and Hank don't know what to fear most--the floods or the flesh-and-blood grifters who insinuate themselves into their new lives. 

 Their struggles with nature, with work, with the changing century, and with the disappointments and triumphs of marriage make this a powerful follow-up to Morgan's acclaimed novel, The Truest Pleasure. 

Its really good! I am really enjoying this book.  First one I have enjoyed this much in a long while.   This is so good, I have already ordered volume two. I love a really good story that continues! 

Dreaming about ... 
This week's source 

 

Over-sized sweaters  . . . 


 

Pretty jam pot covers  . . . 


 

Beautiful seating on the train  . . . 

 

Good chocolate  . . .  a weakness of mine  . . . 


Silver stamp boxes  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


Yesterday on Netflix. A fun, fun movie. If you liked the Beatles, you will love this.

Makes me smile ... 



Those ears  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 

  


Old railway bridge over the Annapolis River between Lawrencetown and Bridgetown. My mom grew up in Lawrencetown. 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*The ordinary arts we practice
every day at home,
are of more important to the soul
than their simplicity might suggest.
~Thomas Moore•。★★ 。* 。
And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

 Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   

9 comments:

  1. Cooler weather approaching, I would buy one of your sister’s art journals for my granddaughter. Happy Tuesday,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure she would customize the fabric to something your granddaughter liked as well. Would you like her e-mail address to make an enquiry Linda?

      Delete
    2. That be be great Marie, you can email it to me.

      Delete
  2. Her journals and art are lovely!Thats a great little watercolor kit I am happy to have also.
    This year many are suffering from Electile Dysfunction…I read that on IG and got a giggle.
    What a year.
    Love that blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves it as well, and th colours are really vibrant and lovely? Electile dysfunction, lol Thanks for the giggle! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh I love your posts--and so happy you are on our side of the pond :)

    FYI:::: I made your Powdered Donut Cake and WOW - tastes like SEPTEMBER!!
    I used Gluten Free Flour and OMYGOSH-- so so delicious!
    Going to be a hit for the rest of this busy glorious month. YES, I'm going to make it again + again!

    Thanks luv,
    Teri Byrne
    Parkdale, Oregon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that makes me happy Teri! It is a really lovely cake and it’s nice to know you can also make it with gluten free flour! Thanks! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Delightful Day Book! You and your sister inherited a most charming creative gene.
    Sending you a happy day of small (&large) blessings, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much V! Yes, we are both very creative! Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!