Friday 24 September 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 


A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!   


 

From Hopeful Honey, how to crochet, for those of you who want to learn how.  Complete video tutorials! 


Ten Good to Know uses for Epsom Salts.    I found this on  Creek Line House.  Did you know, for instance, that adding a few bags to the soil before planting can help replenish the magnesium levels in the soil, which have been depleted due to over-farming??  I didn't either! 


From A Beautiful Mess, a DIY Plantable Felt Garden for the kiddos to play with.  Just brilliant!  What a fab idea! 


From Hobby Lobby, DIY Bottle Stoppers.   It's as simple as gluing drawer pulls onto cork stoppered bottles. 


Creatures made from Clothes pins.  Found here.   What fun!  


Homemade Mascarpone Cheese.  I haven't tried it, but I am going to.  Found on Baking Obsession.   Mascarpone is so expensive.   If this works it will be a lot cheaper! 


Simple snowman ornaments.  This is something to do with the grandkids.  They will love it.   Easy and so cute.   From Plaid



Fun Holiday Crafts.  Homemade Cinnamon Ornaments.  I have made these before and they smell really nice.  I did gingerbread men and decorated them with puff paints.  They were really cute! 


 

From Lulu the Baker.  Peppermint Oreo Pops.  These would be great neighbor gifts, or for a school or church activity! 


This little wine cork reindeer is so cute!  I love it.  I wonder if I can buy wine corks.  WE don't drink wine so we don't have any.   From  Mom's Menu Planner

 


Fourteen Cook Pumpkin Carving Ideas from BHG


Be still my heart.   Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter.   From Mom on a Timeout. It makes two pints. Perfect. 


I love these cornucopias made using icecream cones.  What a fab idea for a place setting for Thanksgiving.  From Tempt-tations



How to fake calligraphy.  From Joelle Charming.
 


A really cute mini doll made using wire.   Complete pictorial tutorial.   Found on Fab Art DIY


How to get perfectly gathered fabric every time.   From Sewing Basics


Little Felt Mice.   Complete tutorial, including templates, etc.   Found on Rythm & Rhyme.
These are so cute! 


French Baguette Wraps.   A downloadable free printable from Heather Bullard



These little ghost mini pumpkin cupcakes are so cute.  From Sweet and Savoury by Shinee



How to hide an ugly boxspring mattress with fabric.  From  The Creek Line House



DIY Fridge Mats which make clean up a breeze.  I would never have thought of this myself.  From The Saavy Housewife


Designer Switch Plates. Make your own found on A Piece of Rainbow.  Cute! 



How to hide a protruding object in a decorative manner  Found on My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia.  


How to build a one years food storage.  From SHTF Preparedness


With Winter in the offing, this could come in very handy.  From Little House Living



These spool necklaces are really cute!  I love them!  From My So Called Craft Life



From Paige's Party Ideas.   Six things to do with toilet paper rolls.   Cute! 



Heart Envelope Paper Garland.  So easy to do.   Found on Idees


Cupcake Pin Cushion.  I love pin cushions.   From Andrea's Creative Paper Trail


Free Thanksgiving Printables.  Found on Craftaholics Anonymous


More Free Thanksgiving Printables.  From Beauty and Bedlam.  



And finally, because I can't help myself . . .  Indian Corn Thanksgiving Favors.   From Shaken Together Life.  

And that's my finds for this week.  I hope you found something here that you can use!  

I had such a busy day yesterday. I had to cook a meal to take to Myrna's family. She is still hanging in there.  It must be so hard for them to cope with it all. I cannot imagine.  I drove to Greenwood to drop it off.  Then I went to the Pet store and got some stuff to treat the kitten's fleas etc. I came back.  Made me some supper.  Then Cindy came over afterwards and helped me to put the flea stuff on. Today I will be vacuuming the house like crazy, etc. Combing the kittens, etc.  Plus I have work to do as well.  There is no rest for the wicked they say!

A thought to carry with you . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛Throw a lucky man into the sea,
and he will come up
with a fish in his mouth.•。★★ 。* 。 


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Pumpkin Olive Oil Cake. This was delicious!

Have a wonderful Friday whatever you get up to. Its another beautiful day here!  The kittens are enjoying sitting in the open window smelling the fresh air coming in. They're so cute!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  


6 comments:

  1. It’s good to be busy! Happy weekend. xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie~

    As always, you find the most interesting things! loved all of the cute ideas, especially those cute little felt mice...adorable!

    I hope the medication helps the kittens, not a fun thing to deal with. I'm sure that Myrna's family appreciated a meal from you, it's so hard to watch a loved one suffer, and just knowing that someone was kind enough to help them with a meal is very comforting.

    Have a wonderful week-end, Marie...love you tons XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'm loving that cute clothespin dragon. So simple and so cute ! Hope you do get relief from those fees soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Friday finds today, Marie. People are so talented. Have a nice, peaceful weekend. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great ideas...thank you!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!