Saturday 11 September 2021

Remembering . . .

 

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; 
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
“Thou preparest a table for me in the midst of mine enemies; 
thou anointest my head with oil; 
my cup runneth over.
“Surely goodness and mercy 
shall follow me all the days of my life. 
And I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.” 
I've been watching a Documentary on the Disney Channel this week on 9/11.  The first episode I had to stop it halfway through because it was so upsetting, but I am persevering through it because we need to remember.  We need to never forget the horrible events of that day and those that lost their lives, many in service to their fellow beings. All of the victims innocently going about the business of their day.
I will always remember that day.  It was a life-defining moment in time. I had been working at the Care Home I worked at and had just gotten home from work when the telephone rang. It was Todd. He was at work at his job as a parking lot attendant.  He told me to turn on the TV, that there had been some sort of accident at the World Trade Center towers in NYC.  I turned the TV on and was aghast at what I was watching and then I saw the second plane hit the second tower.   I will never forget the way I felt when I saw that happen. That second plane hitting meant it was no accident. This had been done on purpose. A new low in humanity had been reached. None of our lives would ever be the same again. The heart of every decent law-abiding compassionate person broke on that day at that moment. We must never forget. Never. 


 I will never forget the courage, 
tenacity, strength and bravery of the American people.  
I honor them all today in a special way.

 

I don't have a lot planned today. My friend Jacquie came for lunch yesterday. We dined on soup and a salad with lemon squares for dessert. A real ladies lunch. She was charmed by the kittens.  Its clear to see they rule the roost!

 

A bit of grooming going on. 

 

Are you tired yet of seeing their photos?

 

Okay I will stop now. 

I could seriously spend all day taking their photos. They have such wonderful personalities and are a great distraction!  But today I need to concentrate on getting my lesson done for tomorrow. I am teaching a combined RS and PH lesson. (the ladies and the men)  I don't mind saying I am a bit intimidated by that.  I am used to teaching women, but teaching men?  I don't know why it should intimidate me, but it does.  So much so that I kept dreaming about it all night last night. So I really need to polish my lesson off today. It is based on a talk from the last conference by Elder Wakolo, entitled, "God Loves His Children." It was a very short talk, which makes it even more difficult.   But I will persevere!

And with that I will leave you with a thought for today  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *For you have been
called to live in freedom,
Use your freedom 
to serve one another in love.
~Galatians 5:13•。★★ 。* 。

 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Powdered Donut Cake.  Deliciously simple, a snack cake to please all ages. It does actually taste like a powdered donut!  


Have a wonderful weekend. I probably won't be able to do a post tomorrow  morning because I will be going over the last minutes details of my lesson. I hope you enjoy your weekend, but don't forget!

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!




10 comments:

  1. Definitely a day we weill always remember and never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must never forget. Who knew such evil could drop out of that beautiful blue sky? It was a day much like today. Love the kitty pictures. Won't ever get tired of seeing them. Good luck with your lesson tomorrow. Enjoy your hweekend. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was unbelievable and yet it happened. Totally evil. Thanks so much. I dream about teaching my lesson all night last night. Will just be glad to get it over with! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. May we never forget this day.
    Tomorrow, you will preserve and the lesson will be great.
    Best, V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much Becky! I hope that I do! It’s wierd about the TV tray. Nutmeg is either all over me or he and Cinnamon are on the TV tray. Cinnamon is a bit independent and wants to be near but doesn’t want you holding her. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie~

    That was a day etched in my memory...I will never forget. It was a time when our country united and came together to support each other, pray for each other and help however we could. We must never forget.

    I love seeing pictures of the kittens! They are so adorable, keep showing us! I wish I could be there to hear your lesson, I'm sure you will do a wonderful job...prayers for you. XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitties are so adorable!
    I don't think I could ever get tired of pictures of their sweet little toe's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you have kitties who love to be right with you!! Lovely!! That cake must have tasted stupendous...it LOOKS so moist!! Will have to try out a gf version here...yummo!!
    Some events will forever indent upon our memories. My engineer hubby listens every anniversary to the reports and thoughts of other engineers, who like him understand how buildings are built and realize the full picture has never yet been admitted as to WHY those towers fell in the manner they did. However, it is even in Scripture as to the towers falling and some think it was in regards to this event, tho' written so many centuries ago. We have to know that nothing surprises GOD though it so often does to us humans!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!