Monday 20 September 2021

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

 


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.   

 

Knowing that Mitzie is loved, content, happy and well cared for.  As much as it hurt to give her up, I am happy knowing that all is well with her. I still miss her every single day. I probably always will, but I am content to know that she is loved, safe and well.  

 

Being able to go and wish my Uncle Harold a Happy 82nd Birthday.  It was nice to see some family members we had not seen in a while. We were only there for a short and left before there were too many people.  We basically just wanted to see our Uncle and show our love for him.  With Covid we were not that comfortable really mixing with people, so we were very careful.  People probably thought we were strange.

Uncle Harold was my Aunt Freda's husband and has been an important part of my life for my whole life. I had not seen him in probably 9 years, although we had spoken on the telephone. He was an important figure in my childhood, and has always been the favorite Uncle of the three of us.  We all have so many happy memories of him from when we were growing up and beyond. 

I hate that Covid makes us all so cautious, but it is the only way, safest way, to be.  


 

These two little rascals.  They have been going at full speed this morning. They are finally sleeping at my feet now. I thought they were never going to settled down.  The last few days Cinnamon has been much more affectionate. Yesterday she actually got on my chest and was treading and purring.  That was a first. Usually only Nutmeg loves me up. They sure keep me on my toes! I love them very much! 

 

Spending time with my sister. It is such a blessing to me. She's been my best friend for over 63 years now. I told my father the other day that the greatest things he ever gave me were my sister and my brother. I know that it is not like that for many people, so I am especially grateful that it is like that for me. 


Having a place to call my Home Sweet Home. I am so very grateful for these walls that I can call my own. Its a great blessing to me.  Its incredible to think of all the changes I have been through over these last 12 months or so.  To think of where I have come from and where I now am. God is truly good. I have experienced Spring and Summer here and am now experiencing Autumn.  Its hard to believe we are only a few weeks away from Thanksgiving. This will be my first one in Canada in 21 years. 


Being able to have breakfast with my dad at The Green Elephant Café.  I cherish these moments.

Having Sunday dinner with Cindy, Dad and Dan. Another great blessing in my life. Moments I also cherish. I don't want them to ever think I am taking them for granted. Nothing could ever be further from the truth. Love them all dearly. 

Hopefully this week one day my sister and I will get some Kraut made. I was admiring her fermented coleslaw yesterday. She is such an inspiration to me. 

You can all also consider yourselves to be one of my life's blessings. 💓 Thank you for putting up with me and supporting me through the ups and downs of my life. I so appreciate each and every one of you. 

Life is full and good. I have no complaints.  

A thought to carry with you . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *An arrow can only be shot
by pulling it backwards.
When life is dragging you back
with difficulties, it means it's
going to launch you 
into something great. So just
focus, and keep aiming.
~unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 


In The English Kitchen today, Old Fashioned Easy Baked Mac & Cheese.  Deliciously simple.  

I wish for you a lovely week, filled to overflowing with small and simple things. Be happy.  Be blessed.  Don't forget! 

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



  

4 comments:

  1. Yes, we too have to be cautious these days. More and more covid is around. It's better to be safe than sorry I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God bless you and encourage you this lovely new week. xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the quote about the arrow and the pennies. Whenever I see a penny I actually say "In God We Trust." They are scattered to remind us of that. How good you met with some family, it is doubly sweet this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are indeed fortunate that your brother and sister have remained close to you!! That road goes both ways...and for me, my remaining brothers decided to toss me some years ago...the first one it was now 8 yrs ago...seems incredible. But one learns to accept what cannot apparently be changed. Tis ok...they both married drama queens...and my age now, especially so, I crave calm and constancy and peace...so I have accepted it as actually a gift. But I am always happy to hear that some families function as GOD planned they should!! HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!