Monday 27 September 2021

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

 
  


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best. 

 

Its not hard to see that Nutmeg has personality plus!  This little guy is out there!  He is so affectionate and bold, a little bit nutty and a lottle bit in your face, but I love him to bits. He has injected my home with a wonderful spark of energy. 


He is a bold contrast to Cinnamon who is a lot more sedate.  Sweet, sweet, sweet. She is also affectionate although she is not as much in your face about it. She's also a lot more obedient.  You can tell she wants to please. I just love them both so much.

How did that happen?? They both have me twisted around their little furry paws. 


Being able to attend church on Sundays and partake of the sacrament.  That's why I go to church. Its not so much for any other reason, although I enjoy it all, its to renew my Baptismal covenants and to remember the Saviour in the partaking of the sacrament.  To take His name freshly upon myself, to renew my spiritual battery.  I do also enjoy watching church in the UK early Sunday mornings, but it is this simple act of taking the sacrament that really means the most to me. I am not sure if I could ever begin to explain in words just what it means to me, but I do know that I was missing it for a very long time, so am so pleased to be able to partake of it again.



I am not even sure I could begin to explain how much my faith in the Savior means to me. He is everything to me.  I cannot remember a time in my life when I did not believe in and trust in Jesus Christ.  What He did for us is unfathomable, and yet He did it, willingly. And He continues to intercede for us each and every day. I know that not all believe in Him, not all believe Him, but for those of us who do, this is everything. I could not get through life without this.  Some say that faith is a crutch.  Perhaps this is true, but it is a crutch that I willingly avail myself of each and every minute of each and every day. 


Monique said it right when she said, everyone needs a Cindy. I am so very grateful for this sister of mine.  She is my best friend and such an important part of my life. I am not sure she knows how very much I missed her when we lived so far away from each other. I am not sure that she gets as much out of our relationship as I do. Sometimes I feel very selfish loving her as much as I do.   I am so lucky to have a sister as special as the sister I have. I know not many have this relationship that I am so blessed with.  This is one very amazing, caring, thoughtful person. Always doing for others. She is not a religious person, but she is one of the most spiritual people I know and the most wonderful exemplar of Christlike love for everyone lucky enough to be included in her sphere of existence.  Everyone does need a Cindy, and if you are lucky enough to have one, hang onto her! 


So grateful for this son of mine who goes out of his way to make me feel included in his life. He is a kind, kind, kind man.  Caring and thoughtful. He's a great dad and husband, and a great son.  I love him so much.  I pray every night that he will be able to overcome his health challenges and live to be an old man who is enjoying his grandchildren.  He deserves this more than anyone I know. On Thursday this week he is having a Subcutaneous Defibrillator inserted, which, God willing, will enable him to live a long and happy life.  Please keep him in your prayers.  Thank you so much! 

 
2016 

I am very grateful for this other good son of mine, who also goes out of his way to make sure I am included in his and his children's lives.  He's a great father and husband, despite not having had good examples of those to follow when he was growing up.  I hate that despite my efforts I was never able to give him that.  He is the son who turned me into a mother and made my dreams come true.  All I ever wanted to be from the time I was a child was a mother.  He was also the one who turned me into a grandmother! He, too, is a good, good, good man with a kind, kind heart.  


This wonderful daughter of mine who sets such a fine example to me of a "Can-Do-It" spirit.  She refuses to quit and just keeps trucking along in life.  She is also a very caring individual with a genuine love of life and a smile that lights up a room.  She loves to laugh and is such a wonderful example to me in so very many ways.  She is tenacious and caring and kind.  I know she would have been a great mother had she ever been able to have children, because she is a great wife and a great daughter. 

How did I get so lucky to have three such wonderful and caring children?  I don't know!  I am very blessed! 

 My father and my brother also bless my lives in countless ways.  Family. It is everything and it comes in many shapes and sizes.  Some family members are furry one. Some are flesh and blood. Some are by way of spiritual connections. Some are ones we choose for ourselves and invite to share our lives with us, like friends.  All are a special blessing.  I am grateful for all of my family members be they furry, blood, friend, or church.


I am ever grateful for the power of prayer in my life.  Silent or spoken, they embroider my days with hope and with peace.

Life is very good.  Despite the stumbling blocks which get thrown on the pathway, I am grateful for each and every day, and the strength that I have to get over the stumbling blocks and the support and love of my fellow beings.  I am just incredibly blessed.

A thought to carry with you   . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Wild is the music
of the autumnal winds
amongst the faded woods.
~William Wordsworth•。★★ 。* 。


We had some wild and wicked weather yesterday. There was a point during the afternoon that the rain was pouring down in bucket loads and the wind was wailing and then a few minutes later the sun came out and there was thunder.  Crazy! 


In The English Kitchen today  . . . .  Easy Roasted Winter Squash with Garlic & Thyme. No fuss no muss and a great side dish.

I hope your week ahead is filled with a multitude of small and wonderful things. Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



5 comments:

  1. Where would we be without the love of family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are touched by so many people in so many ways. Family and friends are everything. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes this is the time of year of changes and the weather can get changeful too. On day hot, one day cold. Today we're having one of the good ones. Tomorrow it'll rain here and be much cooler. It's hard to adjust sometimes, but we must change along with the weather. Hope you have a great week and will continue to pray for your son. Hopefully all will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much blessings wished upon your 3 older children for how well they care for you!! Keep us posted on the welfare of the son having surgery too...pray all goes well with that!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!