Tuesday 21 September 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

  

FOR TODAY, September 21st, 2021
 
Outside my window ... 
Its after 6:30 a.m. and still dark out. I had wanted to see the full moon last night, but forgot to look for it. DUH. I always do. I make plans and then I forget.  I truly do have a brain like a sieve.

I am thinking ...
Sometimes I start feeling afraid and worry about how I am going to pay the bills. Like what if this happened, or that happened, or if I got sick and couldn't work, etc.  Does everyone worry about stuff like that?

I am looking forward to ...
Being able to tell you all about what I've been working on.  Not just yet, but soon I hope!

I am thankful for ...
At the end of each day I  bow my head in gratitude for so much. For faith, family, friends, being able to support myself, for my kitties, my health, my home. I have so much to be grateful for. Its a never-ending list!

In the kitchen ... 

I know most of you can probably make a beef stew with your hands tied behind your backs, for one or for two or for a whole houseful, but there may be some who can't and who need a bit of guidance.  So in the kitchen today Beef Stew with Dumplings for Two.

On my "To Cook" list ... 


Budget Bytes. German Potato Salad. I love German Potato Salad. 

One of my favorite things ... 
Its still blogging. After all these years. Blogging is still one of my favorite things. 

I am wanting to create ...

Repeat After Me.  Gingerbread man ornament.  Crochet. 



Amy's Crochet Patterns. Chicken Pot Holders. 

 

Amanda Crochets. Corner to Corner Dishcloth. 

 

Little Deer. Felt mushrooms. Not free, but not expensive either. 



Vanilla Squirrel. No pattern, but so adorable. 

I am reading ... 


Gap Creek, by Robert Morgan 

There is a most unusual woman living in Gap Creek. Julie Harmon works hard, "hard as a man" they say, so hard that at times she's not sure she can stop. People depend on her. They need her to slaughter the hogs and nurse the dying. People are weak, and there is so much to do. 


She is just a teenager when her little brother dies in her arms. That same year she marries Hank and moves down into the valley where fire and visions visit themselves on her and where con men and drunks come calling. 

 Julie and Hank discover that the modern world is complex, grinding ever on without pause or concern for their hard work. To survive, they must find out whether love can keep chaos and madness at bay. With Julie, Robert Morgan has brought to life one of the most memorable women in modern American literature with the same skill that led the Boston Book Review to say that he writes "with an authority usually associated with the great novelists of the last century." 

 In this novel, Morgan returns to the vivid world of the Appalachian high country to follow Julie and Hank in their new life on Gap Creek and their efforts to make sense of the world in the last years of the nineteenth century. Scratching out a life for themselves, always at risk of losing it all, Julie and Hank don't know what to fear most--the floods or the flesh-and-blood grifters who insinuate themselves into their new lives. 

 Their struggles with nature, with work, with the changing century, and with the disappointments and triumphs of marriage make this a powerful follow-up to Morgan's acclaimed novel, The Truest Pleasure. 

Its really good! I am really enjoying this book.  First one I have enjoyed this much in a long while.   This is so good, I have already ordered volume two. I love a really good story that continues! This is the closest I have come to finishing a book/novel in a very long time.

Dreaming about ... 



Vintage rings  . . .  so pretty 
 



Textures in white  . . . 


Sleeping statues   . . . 



Pretty Seashells


So pretty  . . . .  
 
Something to watch ... 

The Spanish Princess  . . .  the story of Catherine of Aragon.  Love this.

Makes me smile ... 

 

That face  . . .  

Corners of my kingdom ...


A. Murray MacKay Bridge. North End Halifax.  (Web cam photo) 

A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart,
and my portion forever.
~Psalm 73:26    •。★★ 。* 。 
 
And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

 Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   



5 comments:

  1. It's always nice to see your grateful list. There is always so much to be thankful for no matter what else is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie~

    I always enjoy your daybook! I have those same worries, I think we all do when we hit a certain age. Keep your chin up, somehow it all works out, despite our worry. I can't wait to see what you are working on, I'm sure it's something wonderful! It's the season for crochet, and you really found some fun projects, the
    Gingerbread Man is adorable. Beef stew is one of my favorites, I just love it on a cold, blustery day. Have a wonderful day sweet friend...XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I,for one think you have done soo sooo admirably.Kudos..I think we are all filled with a few dreads..in one way or another..
    You've done great..and you will keep doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the time we reach this part of life, I think some worry is inevitable...yea, I certainly worry over things. We are not set up as well as I wish in our older years. But we keep hoping and praying that GOD will take care of us. So far, so good. I love the verse today...the Psalms, my most favorite book of all!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try not to worry about things I have no power to change. Instead, I worry about things I might be able to influence and hopefully am able to change. Love reading your day book every week. Always interesting. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!