Friday 3 September 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 


A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . maybe they will do the same for you!   



 

How to make handmade paper using recycled materials.  This sounds interesting.  From Paper Slurry.  


 

Make your own Art Bowls using tea bag papers.  These are so pretty.  From Letting in the Light.  No instructions, just eye candy and inspiration.  This woman is an amazing artist. 



Look ma! No Cavities.  Something to make you smile. 

 


Painted matching people rocks.   Love this idea and what fun the children would have playing mix and match.  Do you remember those flip cards from when we were kids that you could mix and match heads, middles and bottoms with?  Fun, fun!  This is from You Clever Monkey




Folded paper garlands.  So colourful!  Found on Minieco



DIY Floral Party Hats.  Found on  Oh Happy Day



 

The Tip Toe Fairy.  Party Hat Hair Clips.   SWEET!  Complete tutorial. People are just so smart! 


 


An adorable Overall Tutu.  I love this.   I couldn't find a source but I couldn't help show you.  It is so sweet. 

 



22 hard to kill plants.  From Decor 8



How to care for introverts.  Very helpful. 



Get your fruit and veg squeaky clean.  From Women's Health Magazine.  This is great.  You never know what is lurking on the outside of your vegetables. 


Save money and eat healthy from The Frugal Girls


Best ever fall crockpot recipes from The Frugal Girls. Some of these sound very good.  I don't use my crockpot often enough. 



I love this head wrap.  My idea of a winter hat.  From Frayed Knot




Cable stitch dish clothes.  Love LOVE the colours.  From Look What I Made.  Free pattern. 



From Ravelry.  A free basket pattern.  



I also like these from Maggie's Crochet


 

Words for letting go.  Wise. 

 

Crochet Flower Tutorials by GoolCool.  Not free, but so sweet.  If you had a wedding or special occasion coming up, these would be lovely. 




Crochet Key Covers from Craft Blog Grow.  These are soooo cute!   You could colour co-ordinate them to each different key and never wonder what key is for what ever again! 



Candy Corn Cake in a Jar, from Delicious Home Decor.  Such a sweet idea for a neighbor gift for Halloween or Thanksgiving for that matter.   Free printable tag. 



Anti-Pickpocket Bag. From Sew Easy.  I love it!   Free pattern download, tutorial and video. 


Cutting lemons and leaving them in your room overnight will help alleviate breathing problems (asthma, colds or allergies). The following morning, your throat and air passages will feel clear and healthy.  The Daily Health Post.  The benefits of Lemon Oil. 

I've also heard that a cut onion in a sick room absorbs all the germs.  Perhaps an old wives tale? 



10 Home Remedies for Arthritis in the Hands.  From e Pain Assist



A sweet little yarn wreath Christmas Decoration from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs.  So simple!  



MY DIY Tips.  A pretty fall leaf monochrome leaf print.  




DIY Thanksgiving Gratitude Journal with a free printable from The Polka Dot Chair. 



Now here is a project for someone who is really keen.   Two needle felted slippers.   Wow.  From Ravelry.  Not free.   You knit them in one piece.  



The proper order of makeup application.

Good gosh, if I used that many products, it would take me all day. 

And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day!

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *.˛.°The holiest of all holidays are those
Kept by ourselves in silence and apart,
The secret anniversaries of the heart.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Lemon Butter Cod. This will have everyone reaching for their forks!  All in one and on the table in next to no time at all.  

Have a fabulous Friday!  I am not sure what the day holds for me here.  The weather looks a bit gloomy!  It rained buckets and buckets yesterday, but so far today looks to be dry. Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 


5 comments:

  1. All your rain and gloominess is probably from the hurricane moving up the coast. Cloudy here, but no rain forecast till early next week. Cute finds today, always tempted but hardly ever follow through. I'm knitting a couple of scarves, getting ready for the chilly days in the 'ber' months. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! There are never enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do either! I need to knit myself a scarf also! I love the "ber" months! You have a good day also! xoxo

      Delete
  2. The "ber" months are the best. Lots of interesting Friday finds. I'm off to buy the fixings for your Lemon Butter Cod. Enjoy your day. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie~

    Wow, so many beautiful and clever ideas today! I loved the painted rocks, such a fun idea! The lemon for breathing was really interesting, I'm all in on that one. The crochet ideas are right up my alley, I loved them all! Thank you for always sharing the best ideas! By the way, my mouth started watering when I read the recipe for the lemon cod, yum! We could sure use some of that rain here in Idaho. Yesterday, the smoke was so bad, you couldn't stay outside for any length of time or you had a hard time breathing. Today looks a little better though, fingers crossed! Have a wonderful Friday, sweet friend! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!