FOR TODAY, October 6th, 2026
OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...
October is really showing off. Isn't it beautiful? Its supposed to be really windy early this morning with the wind chill going below zero, so we may lose a few of these.
I AM THINKING ...
I am so grateful that things went well yesterday for my girl. And also that she is now cancer free. That is what they told her. I was able to speak to her last night and she has messaged me this morning already. She is looking forward to coming home. Her dad and sister are bringing her in a cup of tea and a biscuit from Tim Hortons when they come in this morning. She was looking forward to that.
I AM ALSO THINKING ...
I took myself off of that Plenty of Fish site. I had one guy messaging me a bit, but he wanted me to give him my real phone number. He lived not too far from here. I wouldn't give it to him because I wanted to know more about him first. He did try, but I am just not ready for this. Not in any way. It was making me far too anxious. So I took myself off and I won't be pursuing it again.
I AM GRATEFUL FOR ...
God's timing. Its been right all along. I am just going to trust in that. If anything is meant to be, it will happen in God's timing.
I AM ALSO GRATEFUL FOR ...
Octobers. Oh how I love Octobers.
IN THE KITCHEN ...
Banana, Rum, Date & Walnut Loaf. A delicious banana loaf that is moist, tender and loaded with plenty of sticky caramel-like dates, toasty walnuts and rum soaked banana. Yum Yum!
ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...
From
Zona Cooks. A lush looking orange and hazelnut cake. I love this kind of cake.
THIS I BELIEVE ...
I really do. I would not have gotten this far in life without believing this.
SOMETHING THAT IS NICE ...
Toasty roasty potatoes.
SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS NICE ...
Autumn blooms . . .
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ...
Getting Eileen home and putting this all behind us.
I AM WANTING TO CREATE ...
Snowflake and Berry Table Runner . . .
Crochet Christmas wreath ornament . . .
This . . . so cute and pretty . . .
This . . . a great scrap buster . . .
This too . . .
SOMETHING I ENJOY ...
Toast and jam. I really love toast and jam.
SOMETHING ELSE I ENJOY ...
Autumn cookies . . .
I AM READING ...
STANDING FOR SOMETHING, by Gordon B Hinckley
10 neglected virtues that will heal our hearts and homes
In this national bestseller, the late president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Gordon B. Hinckley, has created a classic look at the values that can change our world--and how to stand up for them. Drawing on anecdotes from his much-admired life of faith and service, as well as examples from American culture today, he examines ten virtues that have always illuminated the path to a better world: love, honesty, morality, civility, learning, forgiveness and mercy, thrift and industry, gratitude, optimism, and faith. He then shows how the two guardians of virtue--marriage and the family--can keep us on that path, even in difficult times.
Standing for Something is an inspiring blueprint for what we all can do--as individuals, as a nation, and as a world community--to rediscover the values and virtues that have historically made us strong and that will lead us to a brighter future.
I have read this before. It is not a bad thing to review something inspiring like this every now and then.
THINGS THAT CATCH MY FANCY ...
Lacy things . . .
Artsy things . . .
Pumpkins and Indian Corn . . .
Homemade soup . . .
Crusty bread . . .
MAKES ME SMILE ...
These always make me smile . . .
SOMETHING TO WATCH ...
Frank Sinatra, All or Nothing At All . . . Netflix
A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...
☾ ° ★° * 。
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★*Prayer should be the key of the day
and the lock of the night.
And that is my daybook for this week! Thanks always for being here!
⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•. ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░
Have a beautiful day! Don't forget!
═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════
And I do too!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!