Thursday, 23 July 2026

My Favorite Things . . .

 

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens . . . these are some of the things in life that I enjoy, and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Let's share!


 


Watermelon. It's actually one of my favorite of all fruits.


 

Red barns.  They look the most "barn" to me if that makes sense.  I also love Collies. Our Jess was such a sweet dog. I was devastated when she died.


 

Art and Stationary supplies  . . .  I am addicted . . . 


 

Ice cold orange soda  . . .  I have not had it in years. I used to love LOVE Nesbitt's Orange.


 

Fabrics that co-ordinate with each other. These are lovely. I love the pompom at the end of the bolster pillow.


 

Cabbage in any way, shape, or form.  Just love it.


 

Sunflowers  . . . 


 

Rings  . . . 


 

Denim. Haven't worn it in years  . . . 


 

Owls  . . . 


 

Ankle socks and loafers  . . . 


 

Hedy Lamar  . . .  actresses seemed to be so much more classy and glamorous back then  . . . 


 

Lacy valances  . . . 


 

Vintage jugs  . . . 


 

Red tea pots  . . . 

 

Scandinavian cottages  . . . 


 


Pink . . . 

 

Pretty tea strainers  . . .  oh, I had the loveliest cup of tea yesterday. Blueberry . . . 


 

Tea and cake   . . . 


 

Ginger cats  . . . 


 

Watching the sun set  . . . 


 

Cottage garden flowers  . . . 


 

Mile stones  . . .  they are a real thing . . . 


 

Berry tarts  . . . 


 

Pub signs  . . . 


 

Fresh corn  . . .  won't be long now  . . . 


 

Rooms filled with light  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week. I hope that some of them were yours as well.


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

☾ ° ° * 。  
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*You're never too old
to set another goal
or to dream a new dream.
~C.S. Lewis


Potato, Egg & Green Bean Salad

In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Potato, Egg & Green Bean Salad.  A delicious salad to enjoy at this time of year.  Especially now the green beans are fresh and local.


I do so hope that you have a lovely day today. Its cloudy here, but not too warm.  No rain at the moment, but I did see thunderstorms for later on, about mid-afternoon. Its very quiet in here. Whatever you get up to today, I hope it brings you joy.  Don't forget!


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════  

And I do too!    

   

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding us of this C.S Lewis quote. A big favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That owl photo is so cute. The bottles of pop reminded me of when we lived in England and had Corona (pop not beer) delivered every few weeks. Sunny and much better temperatures for us (low 20's) It rained itself out here, hoping it does the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love owls. They have a lot of personality. There was an owl rescue place not far from where I lived in the U.K. It was fun to go and see them. My favorite memory is of a barn owl flying alongside our car on the way home from church in the dark one night. I was mesmerized by it. xoxo PS a tad bit muggy here today but overall not too bad.

      Delete
  3. Such a charming ‘tour’ of favorites, so lovely to see. The quotes you share daily always seem to hit a chord with me, inspiring and pertinent, thank you. I’m sending big, happy wishes to you today, hope you can feel them. Best, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Virginia! I love your positivity. It buoys me up! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Ah, looks like you will have rain or perhaps it is there already. My radar weather on my phone, shows where storms are going...and this one we have been having is headed your way. It is a good thing too in these noisy apts to have rain...keeps the big mouths from gathering in the parking lot to shout to each other. YEA!! Yummy, green beans...always loved this when my mom would make up a big batch with bacon in it, cooked in her pressure cooker...every single bite was a joy!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have had rain Elizabeth, but it seems to have moved on now! Your mom's green beans sounds yummy! I love green beans in any way shape or form! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!