FOR TODAY, July 28th, 2026
OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...
I took this photo last night as the sun was going down. I do so love a pretty sunset.
I AM THINKING ...
How can we already be nearing the end of July??? This is my last day book for the month. This year is more than half over. It's going far too quickly.
(source)
I AM ALSO THINKING ...
About all of the things that I have that money can't buy. I am a very blessed and wealthy woman.
I AM GRATEFUL FOR ...
(source)
The simple life. I do not think that I could cope with complicated.
I AM ALSO GRATEFUL FOR ...
I do this a lot. Putter. I do have work that I dedicate myself to each day, but the rest of my time is spent in puttering. A bit of this and a bit of that. Everything gets done in the end, but I enjoy it a lot more in the process.
Soft Maple Cookies. Delicious with a lovely maple flavor, these cookies almost melt in the mouth. I love a cookie that melts in the mouth, don't you?
ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...
From Scottish Scran. This has been on my want to make list since before I left the U.K. I will have to grind my own meat for it. It is next to impossible to get ground meat here that hasn't already been frozen.
(source)
THIS I BELIEVE ...
This is how I aim to live my life. Simply and without a lot of drama. It's the best way to live.
(source)
SOMETHING THAT IS NICE ...
Wild flower bouquets . . . natural beauty.
(source)
SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS NICE ...
Holding to the old ways. A better, gentler way of doing things.
I AM WANTING TO CREATE ...
(source)
A tea pot tissue dispenser . . .
(source)
Tea Cup Lamp . . .
(source)
Cereal Box Magazine Holders . . .
SOMETHING I ENJOY ...
(source)
Puffins . . .
SOMETHING ELSE THAT I ENJOY ...
(source)
Fresh Cherries . . .
I AM READING ...
MISS ELIZA'S ENGLISH KITCHEN, by Annabel Abbs
The brilliant real-life story of Eliza Acton and her assistant as they revolutionized British cooking and cookbooks around the world.Before Mrs. Beeton and well before Julia Child, there was Eliza Acton, who changed the course of cookery writing forever. England 1837. Victorian London is awash with exciting new ingredients from spices to exotic fruits, but Eliza Acton has no desire to spend her days in the kitchen. Determined to be a poet and shamed by the suggestion she write a cookery book instead, she at first refuses to even consider the task. But then her father is forced to flee the country for bankruptcy, shaming the family while leaving them in genteel poverty.
As a woman, Eliza has few options, so she methodically collects recipes while teaching herself the mysteries of the kitchen. And to her surprise, she discovers she is not only talented at cooking—she loves it. To assist her, she hires seventeen-year-old Ann Kirby, the impoverished daughter of a war-injured father and a mother losing her grip on reality.
Under Eliza’s tutelage, Ann learns about poetry, cookery, and love, while unravelling a mystery in her mistress’s past. Through the art of food, Eliza and Ann develop an unusual friendship and break the mold of traditional cookbooks by adding elegant descriptions and ingredient lists, that are still used today.
Told in alternate voices, this is an amazing novel of female friendship, the ensuring struggle for freedom, the quiet joy of cookery, and the place of food in creativity all while bringing Eliza Acton out of the archives and back into the public eye.
This is pretty good!
THINGS THAT CATCH MY FANCY ...
(source)
Pretty wall paper . . .
(source)
Milk in glass bottles . . . I wish it would go back to that . . .
(source)
Front porch rockers . . .
Glass door knobs . . .
(source)
MAKES ME SMILE ...
I remember saving up my allowance to buy myself one of these. I thought I had struck the motherlode when I got one. Our parents never bought us stuff like this. If we wanted things like this we had to save up our money and buy it ourselves.
SOMETHING TO WATCH ...
Tuck Everlasting. Eileen and I watched this on Disney + on Saturday night. We both really enjoyed it.
A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...
☾ ° ★° * 。
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Perhaps the deepest
room within us is not meant to be unlocked
by certainty, but entered with compassion.
~M. Dangi
And that is my daybook for this week! Thanks always for being here!
⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•. ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░
Have a beautiful day! Don't forget!
═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════
And I do too!




















That pen..LOVED it..:) I find with my Littles now big..cursive is NOT a thing..I loved it!
ReplyDeleteI'm always puttering inside and when I'm outside I say I'm pottering. Hubby has one of those pens, got it at a Senior Fair a few years ago. A rainy Tuesday and it is to get heavier as the day and evening goon. I started a round granny afghan that you shared awhile ago. I guess I'll be hooking as the day goes on too.
ReplyDeleteThose cookies look super good…as does the sausage…and we’ve had some delicious cherries this summer. Vintage things like milk delivered in glass bottles, a patchwork quilt and aprons are so appealing to me…and I have one of those pens now! I hope you have a most lovely day with time to putter. Cheers, Virginia
ReplyDelete