Wednesday 29 March 2023

Wednesday Witterings . . .

 

 


I am looking at this photograph of this pie this morning and I am almost drooling. I love pie. I could eat pie any time of the day.  Any time. I am wondering, is this a sweet pie or a savory pie?  I am thinking it must be a savory pie, but I could be wrong.  Look at that flaky pastry lid  . . . oh my goodness. I can almost picture my fork diving down into that . . . .  the sound of the crunch of all that buttery flakiness as my fork breaks through . . .  What will it discover?  Will it be lovely tender pieces of chicken or beef in a rich and tasty gravy, or will it be sweet chunks of fruit?  

I am betting on the beef, or the chicken, and now I am hungry for pot pie.



I was having just the weirdest dream just prior to waking up this morning. I do have very vivid dreams.  Nicolas Cage was in my dream.   I was in my living room looking out the window onto the front lawn.  There was an  old man on my front porch doing something and as I was looking out, I saw a naked Nicolas Cage come onto my lawn from the right hand side dragging something.  He looked up at the old man on the porch and he said "Oh damn," and then he turned around and left, going back from whence he came.

What was Nicolas Cage doing on my lawn, naked no less?  What had he seen that disappointed him so much?  Who was the old  man on my porch and what was he doing that had disappointed Nicolas Cage? Why was I standing there watching this and not going after Nicolas Cage?

I have not even watched anything with Nicolas Cage in it recently. Why was he popping into my dreams?  




If you put Nicolas Cage into the search thingie on Pinterest, some really strange stuff comes up.  Seriously.  Are people obsessed with Nicolas Cage?




I mean  . . .  you can't make this stuff up  . . . but apparently you can. 



He must just have one of those faces that is easy to adapt and imagine being anywhere and doing anything. 




Some of them are really funny.  And some are really creepy. If you want to lose half an hour of your life, look up Nicolas Cage on Pinterest and see what comes up. 

I started to say I don't even like Nicolas Cage movies and then I remembered a whole bunch that I do. Like, "The Family Man." "Angels."  "Racing the Moon."  

 

Ever thought that some of your movies were missing a little bit of that Nicolas Cage Magic?  Well you never have to feel that way again.  (Spoiler alert, there are a few naughty words here and there, but overall it is a bit humorous.)
 

I am climbing out of the rabbit hole now. Back to your regular programming. 



 


I am suddenly craving biscuits.  I can tell that these are not real biscuits however. They look like the Pillsbury ones, which are oddly delicious even though you know they shouldn't be. All those preservatives and stuff.  But, somehow we find ourselves picking up a tube or two or three whenever the grocery store puts them on offer. Or is that just me?


 

I find my days are pretty routine like.  I get up basically the same time each day.  Follow pretty much the same cycle of things that I do each morning. Nothing much changes, except the occasional adventure out and about with my sister. I do enjoy those out and abouts very much. We have always enjoyed each others company, except for a few teenage angst filled years when we were in our mid teens and then argued a bit about clothes and stuff.  I am so grateful that God gave me a sister.  She has been a huge blessing in my life.  I am grateful for my brother also. Siblings are truly a gift from God. Nobody on earth shares the same history with you like a sibling does.  I am grateful that our history is a good one.




I went to go and put something in my closet in the bedroom yesterday and looked over at the bed to see this.  It made me laugh. Nutmeg is hiding under the blanket that I keep on top of my quilt on the bed.  Only his back paws and tail sticking out. When I first saw him he was laying flat on his back, but in the time it took for  me to go and get my camera, he has switched out his position a tiny bit. 

Cats are so funny. Its like they think if they can't see you, then you can't see them.  


 


I was talking to my brother for a bit yesterday afternoon, and this is what was going on.  Cinnamon was behind my laptop on the desk trying to get my attention. This was her paw creeping around the edge trying to make herself known. 




Cindy's cat Mac does the same thing. They just want to be a part of everything that's going on I think. That's ginger cats for you. I may be wrong, but I think ginger cats are really comical and are just loaded with personality. I belong to a Facebook ground called "Orange Cats Share One Brain Cell."  I am not sure what that means, but it is a fun group to belong to.  People are always posting pictures of their gingers doing all sorts. I love seeing them.




Here are some fun facts about Orange tabbies.

1. Orange tabby cats are almost always male. This is a really interesting fact and it tells us that sex and coat color genetics are somehow related, at least in orange cats. Up to 80% of orange cats are male and nobody knows why. If you have a female, she is a rare cat.


2. Their coats come in 4 different patterns. The mackerel pattern is what everyone knows as the traditional orange tabby, but there are also cats in a classic pattern, a ticked pattern and a striped pattern. These are all found in regular tabby cats as well, but are an interesting fact regardless.


3. They are often called “marmalade cats” or “ginger cats.” These nicknames have been around for many years to differentiate the black-based tabby cats and the orange tabby cats.


4. The color shows up in many different breeds. Tabby cats are not a breed themselves; in fact, tabby just refers to the coat markings. But orange tabby cats are genetically possible in many different established breeds such as Maine Coons, Persians, American bobtails and British Shorthairs.


5. The orange coat color is produced due to the presence of the pigment pheomelanin, which displays colors in the red to cream ranges. The deepness of the orange depends on the individual cat and some orange tabbies will be very dark while others will be very light.


6. Winston Churchill had an orange tabby cat. His name was Tango and Churchill was known for having a strong affinity for felines of all coat colors. 


 7. They’re still cats. Just like all other cats, their personalities vary from orange tabby to orange tabby. They are all individual beings with their own likes and dislikes, but one thing is certain – they make great companions! If you’re looking to add a cat to your home, consider looking at some orange tabbies.






And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day  . . .  Taken from my ME desk calender.


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
 ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Nature's message was always there
and for us to see. It was written 
on the wings of butterflies.
~Kjell Bloch Sandved •。★★ 。* 。 





In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Pierogi Stuffed Shells. These were so delicious.  Yummy yummy!

I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday. I am off on a jaunt this morning with my sister and then supper at the Bit Scoop tonight with dad. So a bit of a different day than the norm for me today!  I hope you have a wonderful day and forgive me for all the Nicolas Cage stuff.  It is just my quirky sense of humor. Whatever you get up to don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

4 comments:

  1. Cats keep your life fun and interesting. Enjoy dinner out tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Linda! The best part is being with my dad! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your dream is just too funny! I have some odd ones too - you have to wonder where it comes from.
    Loved the orange cat information - they truly are sweeties! I had an orange boy cat once and he was such a love bug! Miss him still.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish sometimes that my dreams were not as vivid as they are! I think we always miss our pets when they are gone. ((((hugs)))) xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!