Thursday 30 March 2023

My Favorite things . . .

 

A few of the things that make me smile, bring happiness and joy, and make my heart go pitter pat. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I say its worth a thousand smiles. 




Diadamy and her pink hair.  Love, LOVE this sweet Blythe doll, and not the least because she reminds me of a sweet friend.  I need to make her some clothes. I need to make Luna some clothes.  I need to play a little bit more.




Surprises in the post. I got this surprise package yesterday from my old friend Eileen. We have been friends for over 62 years now, having met in kindergarten many moons ago.  Two lovely pottery mugs that her daughter actually made, some lovely herbal teas and a pot of her homemade strawberry jam that she knows I love.  Most of all I love that we are still friends after all these years.  She came and spent some time with me when I lived in the UK actually, when I was living on the Estate. My oldest daughter Eileen is named after her. 

It is incredibly unusual for a Military Brat (me) to have maintained a friendship for so many years.  We move around so much.


 



Washi tape and stickers. I love them.  I use them in my journals, etc.


 


Pretty pillow cases  . . . 


 

Pretty tins  . . . 


 

Sea shells  . . . 


 


Those eyes  . . . 


 


Pretty bowls  . . . 


 



Sourdough bread  . . .  with butter and jam . . . yes please.


 

Buttercups  . . . 


 

So pretty  . . . 


 

Fairy tales  . . . 


 

Potatoes and green beans  . . . 


 

Wire baskets  . . . 


 

Attic rooms  . . . 


 

Pretty scraps  . . . 


 

Flower quilts  . . . 


 

Those buns  . . .  that teapot  . . . 


 


The blouse  . . . 


 

Just wow  . . . 


 

This too . . . 


 

Hydrangea  . . . 


 

Pretty in pink  . . . 


 

A carrot cake  . . . 


 

Reds  . . . 


 

Baby bunnies  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week. I hope they made your heart smile also.


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
 ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Rose-colored glasses are 
never made in bi-focals.
Nobody wants to read the
small print in dreams.
~Ann Landers•。★★ 。* 。





A new favorite thing with me is this beautifully delicious Braised Cabbage with Horseradish Cream that I made the other day.  I love cabbage and this was fabulous!


I hope you have a wonderful Thursday. I hope that you get to enjoy at least a few of your favorite things today!  Whatever you do, wherever you go, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have a childhood friend. lovely package, so thoughtful. So many favourite things that I like too. We had a nasty system blow through yesterday, very lion like. Sun so far this morning. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful favourite things. Nice to see Diadamy. Love those bunnies. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many of mine too:)Sweet of Eileen:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cabbage dish looks interesting...since I cannot eat any lettuces, but still can cabbage, I keep some on hand all the time...plus I have found when you just peel off the outer leaves as you use it (instead of cutting it off the head) then it lasts a great long time.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!