Wednesday 21 April 2010

Create a brand new ending . . .



I doubt that there are very many of us which would consider that we have led a perfect life. However hard we may try, it would be the very rare soul indeed who never regretted any decision that they had made in life . . . any deeds they may have done, or even left undone.

Whilst it's very important to accept when we've gotten things really wrong, it is just as important to know when to forgive ourselves and to move forward. Things in the past cannot be erased and changed, but I believe we just compound our mistakes when we allow them to colour and cloud our futures.



I think I must make at least one mistake every day . . . that I must do at least one thing each day that I tell myself afterwards . . . I shouldn't have done that. I am not perfect after all. I am only human . . .

It is impossible to go back and make a brand new start. Nobody can do that. One thing we can do though . . . is to make a brand new ending. That opportunity lies within each of our reach and is a destination that is well worth moving towards.



Be kind to yourself today, and put those misdeeds of yesterday behind you. Let's move together towards a brand new ending!

The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
~Alden Nowlan

Oh we had such a beautifully sunny day yesterday, however there was a bitter cold wind blowing. We have taken up the habit of going for a long walk each night after supper and we really had to bundle up yesterday. They say today the wind will drop, so that should make it a lot warmer! Good thing too as I am helping Todd to collect in his Betterware Catalogues, so will be out and about in it for a couple hours this morning!

I got two dolls almost finished yesterday, and a sock monkey started. I can't wait to show them to you! Hopefully by tomorrow. I have to say I am really enjoying all this nesting I have been able to do over these past couple of weeks. For too long now I have left all of that up to Todd. He's been the main housekeeper, doing everything except for the cooking. It's been so nice to be able to get stuck back into doing the household chores. I know that may sound crazy, but it's true! He has been such a dear to do all that for me over these past years. I know how very lucky I have been.

I've been told in the past that I have the ability to make just about anything taste gourmet. I don't know how true that is, but I certainly put a little bit of my heart into anything my hands create, which includes my cooking. Some days you run out of time or are just lacking in inspiration. Perhaps you have some cooked potatoes you want to use up, or are just looking for a quick fix dinner solution. This is one of my favourite ways to deal with all of the above! You could add a grating of cheese to this at the end if you like, but it's not really necessary. The best *go-with* of course is baked beans and cheap white bread! This is red neck cooking at it's finest!



*Hot Dog Hash*
Serves 4
Printable Recipe

Simple and tasty, and very easy to throw together at the end of a long, and tiring day.

1 package of hot dogs, sliced into thin coins
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
4 to 6 cooked potatoes, peeled or not, cut into cubes
salt and black pepper to taste
paprika
1 TBS butter
1 TBS cooking oil

Heat the butter and cooking oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion. Cook and stir until it has begun to soften, then throw in the potatoes and hotdogs. Season to taste with some salt and pepper and a sprinkling of paprika. Cook, stirring every so often, until they have begun to brown and crisp up in places. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Serve hot with some baked beans on the side for a real treat!



I also baked a delicious Plum And Almond Crumble Cake yesterday. You can check it out over on The English Kitchen!



10 comments:

  1. So true Marie...not a day goes by without the need to repent and make amends and do better. Whats the saying..."I was so perfect had not a mistake made..then I got out of bed!" LOL Love the hash, always so good! Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend!

    I loved that saying about the child to wise man. I love imagining you and Todd going for your evening walk.

    Sending you lots of love!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. An inspiring post today Marie, none of us are perfect, though we are often hard on ourselves for things we get wrong. Enjoy your walks - the food does indeed look gourmet! Love Lucie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do know there is always room for improvement in my life. Trying to do better is something I do every day. I don't think I'll ever be perfect but you are right saying we need to forgive and move on while striving to do things right. Who would think of making a hot dog into a gourmet meal but you. I love the ideas you come up with. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, dear Marie! Such a wonderful, uplifting post today! Very happy you're enjoying some great days, lovely weather, creativity, etc. Hubby would love the hot dog hash! I'll take that plum/almond cake ;o) Just stopping by to greet you today dear friend. Waiting for the call from the vet to pick our our Charlie from his surgery--trusting all went well. Just hope poor baby won't be in too much discomfort. Will be in touch soon. Happy Day, dear friend--LOVE to you & dear Todd OXOX ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. So important to remember to forgive ourselves...and so hard to do! We all need it, don't we?!

    The hash looks delicious--the kids would love that!

    Hope you have a beautiful, and much less windy day today, my friend! Love you loads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that quote about the wisdom comes. I might have to put that under my favorite quotes on my sidebar. Amazing beach photos too. I ma so glad you are enjoying the home making aspect of your new home so much. I adore it too as I said yesterday. Spend the morning in the dental chair. ugh...but done now so that is good! Have a good one, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that quote about when the wisdom comes. I might have to put that under my favorite quotes on my sidebar. Amazing beach photos too. I am so glad you are enjoying the home making aspect of your new home so much. I adore it too as I said yesterday. Spend the morning in the dental chair. ugh...but done now so that is good! Have a good one, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yayyyyy - that's Saturday's lunch sorted.

    If we were all perfect we'd be very very boring, Only One is truly perfect and even He came to earth and made mistakes.

    Are you quite OK? You LIKE getting stuck into the Housework? Not much hope for you then!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!