Monday, 20 July 2026

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. What you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 


 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.


 

This is going to be a quick one this morning. Not that I do not have an abundance of things in my life to be grateful for, but because I have a really busy morning on and I don't have a lot of time.  Eileen stayed over an extra night (not going to complain about that!) and so I have to get her ready and back to her apartment before the CSS workers come to pick her up for her visit, and I need to get to the DMV to renew my driving license, and I want to do it early before they get really busy. It will still probably require a long wait (you know how that goes) but maybe if I get there earlier it won't be quite as long. We shall see. Hope springs eternal as they say!

But I am grateful for all the abundance in my life. For my home, my family, friends, faith . . . my furry little family members. For a heart that sees the good in things instead of the bad.  For a heart that loves God and trusts in Him. For talents which I have been given that I have only just begun to tap. For life itself with all of its ups and downs and in-betweens, and for all of you.  Know that I appreciate you.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.When nothing goes right . . . 
Go left.


Four Easy Basic Vinaigrette Salad Dressings



In The English Kitchen today, Four Easy Basic Vinaigrette Salad Dressings. Each one delicious in their own right. Quick. Easy. Perfectly sized. 

I hope you have a fabulous Monday. I will be back tomorrow with a normal post. In the meantime I want you to know a simple and basic truth  . . . 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


 And I do too!   
 

4 comments:

  1. Morning, Marie. Hope your busy day goes well. Just a heads up the link to the English Kitchen doesn’t seem to be working today unless it’s just me? Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I redid it just in case Elaine and it seems to be working now! Thanks for the heads up! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Have a good day of busyness and enjoy every moment, as I know you do. Happy new week, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear Eileen stayed over another night...so nice for you both!! Hope today your standing in line will be short!! I well know how hard it is on these older bodies to just stand!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!