Thursday 23 November 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 

Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too. 


 


Peppermint candies.  Round balls, flat ones, mint imperials, candy canes. I love the flavor of peppermint.


 

Baskets  . . .  attractive storage . . . 


 

Pretty sweaters.  Embroidery on them, patterns knitted in, bobbles, pretty buttons, etc.  I love pretty sweaters.


 

Pretty mending  . . .  apparently my paternal Grandmother was an expert at invisible mending. She learned it in the convent when she was recovering from an accident, or so I was told.


 


Pretty place settings. This one is unusual.  A book for a placement. Interesting.


 

Breakfast buns  . . .  this one looks lovely . . . I love sugar nibs  . . . 


 

Plums  . . .  the tart, almost astringent taste of the skin, contrasting with that lovely sweet flesh.  So delicious  . . .


 

Pasta  . . .  this looks gorgeous.  It's Brown Butter Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo with Fried Cheese. Sounds really yummy!


 

White on white  . . .  I  love it  . . .  so fresh and clean looking.



 

Sparkles . . .  I am like a crow. I love anything sparkly.


 

These are just the cutest slippers   . .  I love them . . . 


 

Homemade mushroom soup.  I only like the canned one in casseroles and gravies. I would not sit down and eat a bowl of it, but I do love a rich homemade mushroom soup.


 

Pies  . . .  especially fruit pies . . . so yummy  . . . 


 

Pillow ticking  . . . . 


 

So cute  . . .  it looks like a miniature owl. I am not sure what it is, but love the colors. It is adorable.


 

Oh my  . . .  sweet . . . 

 


Old recipe boxes  . . . 

 

This  . . .  


 

Jugs  . . . .  so pretty. I love blue and white anything  . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week. I just like pretty anything. 






Today is our Doug's Birthday.  I hope he has a lovely day, although he does have to work.  Sigh  . . .  no fun working on your Birthday, but we all have to do it from time to time!  Happy Birthday Doug!  Your mama loves you!  What a blessing it was to have those few days together!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★•。★★ 。* 。
 *.˛.The mind that opens to
a new idea never° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
returns to its original size.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Albert Einstein° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •






In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Turkey and Scalloped Potato Bake. Something tasty to do with leftover turkey. But you can also use ham, chicken, tuna, etc.  Its quick and easy to make and very delicious.


I hope you all have a lovely day. To my American friends, a very Happy Thanksgiving!  Be blessed.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════     


And I do too!    

   

4 comments:

  1. Hello, a dull day, Happy Birthday to Doug, at least you spent time with him just before his birthday. Moving around today, but between exercises, pill, meals, naps it seems I don't have much time left. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a lovely visit together and it was well timed for sure! I hope each day brings you more relief and healing and that before too long you are back to scratch Linda! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Haha...a crow!! We used to live where there was gobs of them. It was most important NOT to offend them in any way...they had plenty of ways to torment people who did!! Very smart birds!! So if you must compare yourself to one, it could mean you were smart and clever.
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL They are very smart for sure! When I was a child someone near us had tame crows they had trained. They used to torment me. They would chase me whenever I was riding my bicycle, swooping down on me etc. My sister calls to them and they come to her each day for their peanuts! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!