Tuesday 6 October 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, October 6, 2020

Outside my window...
It is dark and cool. The rain has stopped.  Not a creature is stirring not even a mouse.  I was up really early this morning. I woke up at 4:45 and could not get back to sleep.  I have always been the kind of person, once I am up, I am up.

I am thinking ...
Its hard to believe that we are already into October. This year is flying by. I really hope and pray that there is soon a vaccine for the Covid19 virus. I live in hope. The messages from our General Conference this past weekend were uplifting and inspiring. I had written down four questions I needed answering and all of them were answered. I love it when that happens.

I am thankful for...
Good church leaders. Family. My faith. Good friends.  All of you. 

In the Kitchen ... 


Chicken Noodle Casserole. A great way to use up leftoveres. Low GI. Low Carb. Diabetic friendly. I subbed half the pasta for vegetables, and used whole wheat pasta. It was delicious! 
 
On my "To Cook" list ... 


Saving Dessert.  Mary Berry's Viennese Whirls. I love the store bought ones, homemade has to be a bazillion times better.
 
Good to know ...  

 
I am creating ... 

 
Mas and Pas, Pebble hedgehogs. 
 


 
Domestically Blissful.  Fall acorns.


Aubrey Originals.  DIY Fall wreath.

 
No source. Pumpkin Pie Garland for Thanksgiving. Cute! 

I am reading ... 

 
 

Hamnet, by Maggie O'Farrell

On a summer's day in 1596, a young girl in Stratford-upon-Avon takes to her bed with a fever. Her twin brother, Hamnet, searches everywhere for help. Why is nobody at home? Their mother, Agnes, is over a mile away, in the garden where she grows medicinal herbs. Their father is working in London. 
 
Neither parent knows that one of the children will not survive the week. Hamnet is a novel inspired by the son of a famous playwright. It is a story of the bond between twins, and of a marriage pushed to the brink by grief. 
 
It is also the story of a kestrel and its mistress; flea that boards a ship in Alexandria; and a glovemaker's son who flouts convention in pursuit of the woman he loves. Above all, it is a tender and unforgettable reimagining of a boy whose life has been all but forgotten, but whose name was given to one of the most celebrated plays ever written. 

I have only just started this, but it has great reviews.  
 
Dreaming about ... 



Tomato tarts . . . 
 



 


Pretty corners  . . .  the lamp, the squirrel  . . . 

 
Fresh eggs . . . .

 
Four walls and some windows  . . . 

 
Time for tea  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

 
Emily in Paris. Its fun, its flirty, its colourful.  Love it.  On Netflix. 
 
Makes me smile ...

 
Cathedral Window  . . .  learned how to do this in Home Ec in Grade 8. 
 
Corners of my kingdom ... 

 
Burford, Oxfordshire  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Don't let fear of failure discourage you,
Don't let the voice of critics paralyze you,
Whether that voice comes from the outside
or the inside. ~Dieter F Uchtdorf° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 
 

loved the Scottish countryside. 

However, when the residence was deemed too small, the royal couple built an additional castle—the one that still exists today—to fit their growing family. There are approximately 150 buildings on the estate, including Birkhall, formerly home to Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, and used now by Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall for their summer holidays. 

 A thought to carry with you ... 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
It takes grace to remain kind
in cruel situations. •。★★ 。* 。 
 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
   
    




11 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! VERY glad to see you back here... And such fun to see all the goodies shared! LOVE that pumpkin pie garland--so clever! LOVE YOU ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. This is the kind of post that writes itself. Haven’t the heart to do much else at the present. Love you too. ❤️

      Delete
  2. Take care Marie..don't know what's going on.. but it has to be serious as you usually wear your heart on your sleeve so take care and I hope your problem resolves itself very soon♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pumpkin pie garland is so cute. It's probably easier to make a pie, though. We're off to get grocies for our Thanksgiving dinner, the veggies, anyway. Take gentle care my friend. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I wish I was going to be there for Thanksgiving. Love and hugs. xoxo

      Delete
  4. True faith, family and friends are the important things is life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think this is kind of the last week of warm weather. However, due to fires in California our air here isn't too healthy.
    It is hard to fathom that October is already here. I smiled when I saw you had a daybook entry. It's a favorite.
    The food choices and recipes are always good ones; thanks!
    I do love to look through the DYI's. I loved the cute wreath.
    You do read such interesting books; lots of variety.
    I am in a book club and we are reading this month: Winter Sky by Chris Stewart. Hope it is a good one.
    I always enjoy looking through what you are dreaming about. The home is a cute one.
    I did love the Cathedral Window. It looks hard for being in 8th grade.
    One place I would love to see is the Scottish Countryside; since I have ancestors from there.
    Sometime, update me on how Todd and Mitzie are doing.
    I'm hoping you are dong well.
    Sending loving thoughts, prayers and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much LeAnn. Much appreciated. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Hello Marie~

    I just checked in on my blog and saw that you left a comment...on Sept. 23rd! I'm so sorry that I have not contacted you earlier, I promise, I meant to.

    I have been out of commission, not because I am sick, not because there is anything wrong, I am just fine. I deleted my FB account because I just couldn't stand all of the politics and negativity surrounding it...I am on Instagram once in a while, but I don't post anything. We have had a busy summer, lot's of things happening with our family, moves, changes, my grandson did have Covid, that was hard and scary. I told Amber just tonight that I needed to start blogging again...it's been too long. When I get stressed, I have a tendency to shut down when I should be reaching out, especially to my dear friends, like you.

    I loved your blog tonight...so many beautiful things to look at and so many wonderful thoughts! I have missed you!!

    I have actually been working on a blog post and plan on getting it up soon.

    I pray that you and Todd are well and happy, you are always in my prayers!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!