Monday 10 September 2012

Monday Musings . . .



Now wouldn't this be something or someone pretty nice to wake up to in the morning?   Welll, I did just that this  morning.  Oh for sure . . .  it was only in my dreams, but we were having a pretty nice conversation with each other over a drink just before I woke up, and then . . . reality prodded me with it's sharp finger, and pouff!!  In a flash he was gone!  Darn!!

I used to have the biggest crush on Bruce Springstein back in the 1980's.  There was something about his ruggedly handsome good looks . . . that really plucked at my inner oooh la la!


He looked and sounded like my ideal dream boat.  I knew nothing at all about his personal life at that time.  I didn't need to.  The fantasy was enough for me!



Oh for sure . . . I know he would never have given a woman like me a second look . . . but when you are dreaming it doesn't really matter.   I was crazy about him.  My best friend at the time, Cathy . . . would call me on the telephone every time he was on television and I would make a mad dash for the remote to tune him in . . . and I remember one year for my Birthday she gave me a caricature of him, which I still have somewhere . . . I can remember even thinking at the time, in my wildest of imaginations that my husband kind of looked like him . . . oh my . . . the power of the mind!


"I'm on Fire " was my absolute favourite song of his.  (Pause the music down below and listen to this.)  It's haunting melody and the timbre of his voice made me feel just as if he was singing it to me.  I know he wasn't . . . but again . . . the power of the mind!

Ahh . . . I was young, oh so young.  I don't think there is anyone out there these days who affects me in quite the same way . . . except for maybe the Toddster!



And that's as it should be . . .

He got his new calling yesterday.  He is now our Ward Sunday School President.  He was hugely relieved.  He had been a bit worried that it would be as the Gospel Doctrine Class Teacher, as that person was just called onto the Stake as Stake Sunday School President, but thankfully it wasn't. He's a bit intimidated by the idea of teaching gospel principles to people who have been in the church for eons longer than he has. Personally I think he would make a fabulous teacher, but then again . . . I'm not exactly un-biased in my opinion!

 

I've called this a study in pink.

I've been enjoying playing with my camera this past weekend . . . and with my photo editing program, trying to turn some of my photographs into artsy types of photos.  My fingers are just itching to get into my craft room and work on something I think.  It's just impossible to do so while they are still working on the bathroom . . . they fill the upstairs hall up with their saws and other equipment.   Last week the toilet was delivered, but it was damaged and so they had to send it back and order a new one, which should have come on Friday . . . but alas, it didn't show up.  Hopefully it will show up today.  I am anxious to get the job done and dusted and for life to get back to some sense of normality, however grateful I am for the work being done.



I quite liked this one as well . . . ingredients.  There's so much you can do to feature them.  I think I would have loved to have been a photographer . . . well . . . I enjoy playing at it in any case!

A final thought for today . . .



"In prayer it is better to have a heart without words . . . than words without a heart."
~John Bunyan

Happy Day all . . . I will endeavour to get around to more blog reading this week.  I am waaaay behind on that! Love you!



Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . . A Tarragon, Chervil and Chive Dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!