Wednesday 18 November 2020

Wednesday This and That . . .

 

 
Only two more sleeps until I get sprung from this place!  Its hard to believe that I am now staring the end of my quarantine pretty much in the face.  So far the time has gone by amazingly quickly, like most of 2020 actually.  This year has gone by pretty quickly and its hard to believe we are in the last half of November and that Christmas is only a little more than a month away. 

I was going through my posts from last year at this time and on the 18 of November last year I did a Small and Wonderful Things post.  I talked about Marie Kondo, Spark Joy and I said this: 

"This is becoming my mantra. As I get older I realise that I need things less and less. Less IS more.  I feel much better when the clutter disappears and clean, clear spaces rise up in its place. I have a ways to go but I am getting there." 

I am happy to say that a year later, I have indeed gotten rid of all of the clutter! Sure, it was in a rather extreme way, and very unexpected,  but hey! Whatever works, right?   (Do take note that I don't actually recommend this way of doing it if you can possibly help it.)  
 
 
I am looking at sorting out my suitcases today so that I can send at least one back to my sister's with her so I have less to bring on Friday.  When I look at what is in them, in a few instances I have to ask myself, what was I thinking?  Obviously everything in them is what I chose to bring with me into the future at the last minutes, but  . . . 

Old Susan Branch calendars? 

I don't think I  was really thinking at all.  DOH!  But they do spark joy, so that can't be bad.  In reality most of what I had ended up in a skip parked in our front yard, ready to be carted off and disposed of.  That is the worth of 20 years of collected stuff.  Books, music, a few nicky naks and a skip full of 
 
G-A-R-B-A-G-E 

This experience has certainly helped me to reassess the things in life that are  worth hanging on to and the things that are worth letting go of.  That's not entirely a bad thing. 

 
I've watched two episodes of The Crown, Season 4 now.  Its very well done.  Its also a bit like watching a car crash in the making because you literally know what's coming next.  I think the characters are very well done.  I do have to say that they have done a great job of picking the actors and actresses for this series.  I was a bit disappointed when they switched Queen Elizabeth in the last series, because I had loved Claire Foy so very much, but really this was the right thing to do. Olivia Coleman plays a really good older Queen Elizabeth and Gillian Anderson is great as Margaret Thatcher. I also have o sy that Emma Corin is brilliant as Diana. So far.  We know the end of the story however which makes it all rather a bit sad. 
 
Episode two Balmoral. Spoiler Alert.  Who are these awful people?  Why . . . .  it's the Royal family at their awful worst being mean to guests at their summer place!   

 
I busied myself yesterday, part of the time, by watching all of the British Christmas Adverts on YouTube. I have to say that the my favourite one is the Give a Little Love one by John Lewis.  
There are actually two from John Lewis, I couldn't watch the second one through, it was obvious from the get go that it was a real tear jerker.  All about goodbyes.  That I couldn't handle at the moment. 
 
I've whiled away a few hours in this venue doing some of my work for Home Chef World. Because this month is so transitional they allowed me to post some of my better recipes from my blog on their page, so I've been working on them. I've been allowed to use existing photography which is great because I really can't do my usual work for them.  I am grateful for them having been so accomodating.  Well, they had no choice really.  There just wasn't any other way I would be able to create content for them.

I'm a bit concerned as to how I am going to create my content at my sisters.  The light in that house is not all that great really. I will have to play with it quite a bit and I think I will have to do most of my shots the day after I cook, rather than on the day because of eating times etc.  I have really spoiled myself by always eating mid-day rather than at regular times these past few years. So I think the best way to deal with that is going to be photographing things out of doors the day after. We will see how it all pans out.

I know . . . the problems of a food blogger, lol   

The Nova Scotia Government has called me each day to check up on me and make sure I am doing the things I should be doing. We live in such scary times. Who could have predicted last year this time that in 2020 we would be navigating a World Wide Pandemic?  This is the stuff of disaster  movies.  I have to say I have never been a great fan of disaster movies. I always find them a bit tiresome towards the latter half, while I am waiting for the happy ending to appear.  It is the latter half of 2020 and we are still awaiting the happy ending.   At the moment there is none in sight. I can understand why people are getting tired of it all.  Especially with Christmas looming.  

It can still be a good Christmas, albeit a different one than the ones we usually plan.  Its all a matter of perspective I guess, and expectations.  Lets just get through this one and hope that Christmas 2021 will be a whole lot better.  I think they are close to having a vaccine.  Here's hoping! 
 
Life always has a way of surprising us! 

I am not having a lot to say now so I will end this with a thought for today  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
If you want to fly
give up everything
that weighs you down.
~Buddah  ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 
 
 

In The English Kitchen today, Quarantine Frittata. How to make something delicious out of next to nothing.  Really, if you have eggs in the fridge, you have dinner in the fridge. 

Have a wonderful Wednesday! Don't forget!! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

And I do too! 








 


 

 










20 comments:

  1. Two more sleeps! You must be excited a bit! Will be so good for you to be with your family. Much love - Raquel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember all your posts re getting rid of things so you made me laugh at your words..It was drastic..but done..
    Not sure I would have brought my SB calendars ..my family ones yes..I guess it is very hard to decide..and at that moment you needed those.I feel like she should read this..and your posts that led to this.That's quite an honor.I know how much you love her and she is a dear.
    That's why you never see our fall and winter dinnes..it's dark here..
    As far as daylight..I swear just up the exposure.Phone? Or camera?
    Snapseed is a dream..curves..up up..

    Time is flying by for sure.Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am mourning the loss of my desk blotter calendars of hers actually. Perhaps once I get my own place I can get me a new one! Susan Branch has been a constant in my life since the 1980's! I am going to have to get snapseed! I started to once upon a time. I think I am going to need a new laptop soon. We will see. I have hung onto the old one because of Picassa! xoxo

      Delete
    2. I need a new laptop too..so slow I cannot stand waiting for sites to load.. I just can't..forever..and I have replaced keyboard letters w/ stick ons lol.
      Ipads are not great for posting comments but I like the practicality.However I think I will be a PC/laptop girl forever.Desk blotters? I only have some of her wall ones..and decision made no day by ME this year.

      Delete
    3. Oh never knew she had these..almost 30.00 here..no..not this year anyway.

      Delete
    4. I love her desk blotters. I had about 3 of them, but they are very large and I just couldn't justify fitting them into my suitcase, lol. I am not getting an ME desk one this year either. At least Susan's art is fresh each year. ME only rehashes art she has already done. xoxo

      Delete
    5. I agree immense talent but I feel like its the same calendar every year now.

      Delete
  3. There is so much to look forward to in your new life. Yes, we are all hoping for a better new year. This one is something we'd all like to forget. It will be very different this holiday season but we can still count on Christmas JOY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be different, but there is much Joy associated with the holiday season, perhaps people can fit more of what it is really supposed to be about into it this year Pam! xoxo

      Delete
  4. It is amazing how fast the days weeks months have gone this year, normally when we don’t have much to do and days pass with very little having been done, the days seem to have dragged..but as you say we are now galloping fast towards Xmas, in fact Peter got us stamps for the Christmas cards. Mary pays for them and what a price they are ! I buy the cards and write them, whilst Mary sticks them down....This year I am going to give all the children money I only give to children of my Great Nephews that’s four of them, the two boys 131/2 and 12 the two girls 7 and 5 All except the wee 5 year old like spending their own money or in the case of the oldest boy he is a saver....We usually see them all on Christmas Eve for lunch but this year everything like that has been cancelled ...COVID to blame.....I’m sure you will be looking forward to moving and I hope that you are able to feel....at home....within a short time. Bye for now love..but before I go can you tell me how to find the AMAZON page that was set up for you,. I’m sure I read about it but can’t find any references to it now....❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh HI Sybil! I am hoping to get some cards out, but i think this year I just won't be able to. You and Mary are so good to do what you do and God Bless Peter for all he does for you. What a Prince he is. I will message you the link to the Amazon page via messenger on Facebook! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  5. We have gone through getting rid of nearly everything in order to move from the east coast to the west coast to help our daughter here. It was not an easy task. And you only had a few weeks to do it...we took the better part of months to do ours. Yea, most of what we keep is really junk truly.
    Take care...so glad you are well!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. I just feel so blessed to have come this far. I really do! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  6. Yes, Marie, you're right. Less is more, hard as that was to achieve. I can understand you bringing Susan Branch's cakendars especially if important events have been written on the pages. You will be with your family at Christmas. How wonderful is that? Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still had to leave some of my Susan Branch things behind, which of course broke my heart. Nevermind, I can save up and replace them! The calendars were the lightest things! I can't wait to be out of here and with my family. Doug is going to try to come even for only one day this weekend! I am excited about that. I pray daily for your safety Elaine. Please don't take any chances! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  7. Hi, Marie! So sorry to hear about how your 20 years worth of life ended up in a skip... But I greatly admire your strength in seeing how it is just things, and how less really is more. We accumulate sooo much STUFF don't we?! LOL... The older I get the less I want, especially stuff. Oh, I hope all goes well as you continue to create beautiful recipes, etc. Sooo happy that you will be quarantine free soon--hooray! I can't believe how fast this year has gone, in spite of all the crazy things that can so easily bog the mind down--it still goes fast. We're planning on very quite for-two Thanksgiving next week, and very possibly for-two Christmas as well. ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the end of the day Tracy, none of it goes into the ground with you. Happy Thanksgiving to you and TJ. I think about TJ's mom often and include her in my daily prayers. Love and hugs to you both always! xoxo

      Delete
  8. I just can't imagine how excited you must have felt to get out of quarantine. I guess a little apprehensive as you push forward into building a new life. Just so grateful you can be back home with family, what a blessing.
    It is a good thing to get rid of a lot of clutter. I'm still working on it. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to decide what to take and what not too.
    The Crown series sounds interesting. I love stories of the royals. When Princess Diana died, I remember exactly what I was doing that day.
    Wow, I so remember those nylons.
    I love that you have your good blog to continue and other works. You are just so talented in so many ways.
    This Pandemic is getting old but I think the most important things is that we be learning something from it all.
    Blessings, prayers and hugs for you and your precious family.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!