Wednesday 11 November 2020

Angels among us . . .

 


First of all I want to thank you all so very much for all your words of encouragment and prayers yesterday. It was a really difficult day for me, and they helped to buoy me up and carry me.  I am so very appreciative and I will endeavour today to respond to each comment you have left.  What have I got but time on my hands.

Last night in bed I was listening to a talk given in the last Conference by Elder Carlos A Godoy entitled "I Believe in Angels." 

"The Lord is aware of the challenges you face. He knows you,
and I promise, He will send angels to help you." 

I have felt angels next to me every step of the way on this journey.  From this side of the veil and from the other. I have felt the countless prayers and the strength they have given me, the support. I could not have done what I had to do and what I have just done without them.  I want you to know that you are all angels.  Truly. 

"When we speak of those who are insruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with  and talk with - here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods . . .  Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that anglic is the only word that comes to mind." ~Jeffrey R Holland, the Ministry of Angels. 
 
 
 

And He has had me covered every step of the way and beyond on this journey I have taken. Even before it began I had angels in Chester helping me to sort myself out, giving me courage and strength, helping me to do the things I needed to do. The way everything fell into place is nothing short of a miracle. Being able to just walk away was a gift.  There is no other word for it. It was a gift. I could not have done it without the help of angels walking the earth.
 
Being able to draw upon the strength and examples of my mother and her  mother and her mother's mother, all of whom were women who faced great adversity and rose above it, was a gift. Throughout the whole experience I was and am able to garner strength from knowing the hard things they had to do and did. I could feel them urging me on, telling me I could do it too.  Lifting me when all I wanted to do was to lay down and cry bucket loads of tears. 

There have been plenty of those too. Tears.
Tears can be very healing.

 
I have been surrounded by angels since I arrived, from the loving support of my beautiful sister. How kind it was of her to make sure I did not feel alone when I arrived in my motel room. With the flowers and the fire glowing.  The full refrigerator, etc.  And she has come to see me, albeit from a distance, every day, bringing me things I need, etc.  Chatting with me on here. Just supporting me.  I am so appreciative. She is a Saint.  I hope she knows it.  Can't wait to be able to hug her, even though I know she is not really a huggy person.  We have had air hugs and they have been special.

My father, visiting me every day also in the same way. What a blessing this is to be able to see him again, and I cannot wait to be able to hug him close.  I never ever thought I would see my father again while he was still alive.  This is a gift. 

That sweet daughter of mine and sometimes her husband who stop by (again from a distance) every day to say hello and ask me if I need anything. I can't wait to be able to hug her also. 

My other two sons and their families, messaging me, supporting me. Angels.  My oldest son gave me his Disney Channel info so I now have something to watch that is entertaining instead of boring stuff. And I know that they are there for me in an instant if I message them. I try not to.

 
And then there are all of YOU.  I feel your support. Your prayers. Your kind words. Your understanding. It has been immeasurable.  You have lifted me.  I have felt it.  You are also angels. I never would have thought  I deserved any of this. You have been a powerful reminder to me of God's love for each of us. I THANK you.  From the bottom of my heart. For all of it.

Last night I was able to finally sleep all the night through. I got up once at about 11 to go to the loo. (You know how that is when you get to be a certain age.) I am used to the loo being right outside my bedroom door. Here I have to walk the length of the apartment/suite.  Thankfully now I can do it pretty much with my eyes closed and am not waking up overly much when I do it.  Once I crawled back in bed, I slept straight through until 5:30 this morning.  When I looked at my iPad clock I was surprised and elated. I feel I have turned a corner.

My boxes arrived on Monday at my sister's.  Somehow she managed to rassle them into the house.  Each had been slit open in the corner.  I suspect it was customs checking to make sure I didn't have any food or whatnot in them.  I did not. They should have taped them back shut though and didn't.  I was so worried I was going to be charged customs on them. I wasn't.  I strongly suspect my angel Bishop back in Chester took care of that. 

Today is my 20th Wedding Anniversary. I have been dreading this day.  So far I am doing okay actually. Perhaps another corner is being turned. No tears as of yet.  
 
This morning after I got up I went outside my motel room door and looked up at the stars in the sky and the slit of a moon that was still shining and I said a little prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father for everything.  I feel blessed. I am blessed.  What lays in front of me truly is destined to be better than anything I am leaving behind.

OH and another bonus. I was told that yesterday they closed Heathrow to any incoming or outgoing flights.  That Tina was right when she said I had to be out of the UK by last Friday. 

 

Something to make you laugh.  On Friday I wore this all day/night.  I kept wondering why everyone else's looked so crystal clear, yet mine was foggy. I remember thinking to myself another terrible chinese import.  I couldn't see clearly, everything was under a fog.  And then I was inspired to pick at the edge of it.  Voila!  There was a plastic removable cling film over it.  So I took that off, still a bit blurry, but loads better.  Then a little while later I thought to myself, I wonder if there is one on the underside as well.  VOILA!  I peeled that one off too and presto chango I could see again. What a dope!  As Daffy Duck would say, what a maroon! 
 
I have nowhere to go but up!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
When you change the way you look at things,
the things you look at change.
~Wayne Dye° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •

 
 
In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Pretzel Baked Pork Chops.  Another quarantine room special.  Served with fried leftover potatoes and mixed vegetables.  Deliciously simple! 

Have a beautiful day.  We are having beautiful weather here.  Indian Summer for sure!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

and I do too!
 



 


23 comments:

  1. So wonderful you had a good sleep, perhaps you are finally adjusting to the timezone change. That is so good you flew out before the airport closed. The days are going by for your quarantine, and I’m sure seeing family, if only from a distance is helping immensely. Stay strong, keep smiling and keep thinking of those wonderful hugs to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I feel a lot better today. Stronger and not so broken. I can't wait for the hugs! xoxo

      Delete
  2. That's a funny story about your mask. Scary that you might not have been able to fly home. Smart Tina to have been so perceptive. Let today be another anniversary - a fresh start in Canada. Enjoy the nice weather. Ours has changed and it's much colder. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect that the cold weather will hit us soon Elaine! I like that idea of it being another anniversary!! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Glad you slept better! Hopefully this will mean you're adapting to the new time zone :)
    Am puzzled about the Heathrow thing though. Can't find anything on our news or the Heathrow website about it being closed? I will keep checking. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlie! Perhaps it was told to me to make me feel better? I don't know. Maybe only flights to certain areas like Canada? Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. You have a family that loves you..
    that’s so important!!!Yay!!!They are proving that family..well usually you can count on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blood is usually much thicker than water Monique! xoxo

      Delete
  5. So glad you are feeling better about your situation and counting your blessings, of which you have many. You really do have no place to go but up. May the angels guide your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam. I can feel my angels all around me supporting me. I truly am blessed! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Good news you are settling in and getting some sleep. Thank Heaven for our family and friends and the angels among us, blessings to all. Have a lovely day. Baby steps. xo, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much V! I am incredibly blessed. I feel it. I am so grateful for a heart that is able to recognise my blessings! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Wonderful to hear you are beginning to enjoy some healing restorative sleep Marie, long may it continue as peaceful contentment gently prevails. LoL @ your visor story *Doh!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jen! I know, only I would not know there was a few pieces of plastic to remove! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Nothing required you to explain anything to anyone of us, Marie...but you have and it was a blessing to me at least, to be able to pray for you and a lot of my prayers are unanswered (yet) but it was good to say THANK YOU to GOD last night that at least you got safely to Canada again!! To see at least the prayer for you answered is an encouragement to keep praying...so thank you for giving me and us here that privilege!!
    Love and hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! Just keep praying I haven't picked up the virus in my travels! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  9. I know you are blessing and this comfort me.
    I told my hubby I was worry by you and I said I would love to live more close to help Marie.
    But know whe I read how lovely is your family Im really thanksful and happy by you.
    You will be ok Marie. He never let is alone.
    Send you hugs and love always and count with me.I think in you all days dear Marie.
    Love your sister and your dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gloria. Your prayers mean the world to me. I can feel them. I need them. Now I am just praying that I don't come down with the virus. That is my greatest fear. Love and hugs. xoxo

      Delete
  10. So good to hear from you, Marie! Glad things are looking bright, I'll keep you in my prayers for health. Regarding the mask, sometimes I think we just have to laugh at ourselves. Our weather has been so nice as well, I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Much love and hugs - Raquel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raquel! Its raining here today, but still quite mild. Love and hugs. xoxo

      Delete
  11. You just amaze me in every way. I have always loved your grateful and loving heart. I see it in your writing. I love that you are with family that you haven't seen for so long. I'm glad that you have your sister and Dad to cherish.
    Your journey though hard, I see great faith and courage in the steps you have taken. I know that you will heal and your testimony will be strong and true.
    As I have read your journey; I see that angels that have assisted you on both sides of the veil. I am grateful for you sharing this trial; it strengthen me. I too have ancestors that made it through tough times and their stories are a strength to me.
    Sending loving thoughts, prayers and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!