Friday 20 November 2020

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 

A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become, inspire memories . . . maybe they will do the same for you!   

  

 No source, just inspiration. Very pretty way to fold your napkins for Christmas lunch! (You can click on it to make it bigger.)  

  

 

 Mom 4 Real.  How to clean jewelry.   


 

Flip flop socks.  It downloads as a PDF you can save and print.   

 

Duck Feet Baby Socks.  Free pattern on Cool Creativities.   

 

Instructables. Roll Up Glove Box Essentials.   

 

Martha Stewart.  DIY Sleep Masks.  simple 

 

Laughing Hens.  Hand stretches for crafters.   

 

Repeat, Craft After Me.  Crochet Gingerbread Head Baubles.   

 

Totally Kidz Times.  Yesterday's Sweater, Today's hat.   

 

Garden Therapy.  How to felt Wool. 

 


Polished Habitat, how to clean your oven glass. Could come in handy!  

 

Church Mouse Yarns.  I love this simple tea cosy. the pattern is not free, but not expensive either.   

 

Midget Mama, homemade Coconut Shaving Cream.  

 

Stitch GaloreStitch Galore, spool pincushions.  Inspiration only.   Love these.   

 

Hen's Teeth, Embroidered Berets.  So beautiful.   

 

I Love Crochet.  Crochet wreath Christmas ornament.   

 

Fibrelucious.  Fabric fruit.  So beautiful.   

 


Crazy Little Things.  25 Things to do with Fat Quarters.   

  

The Prayer Flag Project.  A collective.   

 

Clean and Scentsible.  Make your home smell like Christmas.   

  

Land of Enchantment.  A fairytale blog filled with inspiration.    

A thought to carry with you . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
If God puts a Goliath in front of you
He must believe there is a David 
inside of you.    •。★★ 。* 。 

A hard day today and yet a good day. I guess difficult tempered with good. It will be the first time I am in my mom's home without her being here, but it will also be the first day of my new life. 

I did something last night I had told myself I wasn't going to do. I looked up the Prison so I could see what it is like and ended up going to bed in tears. On the 16th of November 90 inmates there had tested positive for the virus, with an entire wing going into quarantine. I know I shouldn't care, but I do. Hopefully in time this will pass. 





This Sunday is what is known as "Stir-Up Sunday" in the UK.  The last Sunday before Advent and the day that Chrismas Puddings are traditionally made.  I am sharing Mary Berry's Christmas Pudding recipe in the kitchen today, if you should feel so inclined as to make a Chrismas Pudding this weekend. 

Have a great Friday.  I'll be springing out of this joint and unpacking at my sister's.  Yes we shared a cheeky hug yesterday. (I know very naughty) It was good.  Tears were shed. It had been 18 years since we had hugged each other.  Later today I will get to hug my dad!  Oh happy day! 

Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!







14 comments:

  1. A very happy day, indeed. I hope you will feel a sense of peace this first time home without your mom there. She is there, though, watching with joy that you have come home. You cared for Todd for 20 years. Hard to turn that caring off. I hope he will be okay. Take gentle care. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its very difficult for me to separate who I thought he was from who he actually was. That's the hardest part. Yes, I think my mom will be very happy that I have come home at last. You take special care and stay healthy! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Sadly he deserves what he got. I have a family member that was involved in the case with Constable Aslan and the details are horrific. Not YOUR fault but I pray he never sees the outside world again. Your happiness is well deserved and May Gods wil always be with you! Hug your fault today and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful day Marie! Enjoy the comforts of home and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so many emotions, praying for you. Peace and joy, V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very difficult to shut off emotions of caring for someone. Just proves you are a human with real feelings, Marie!! Hope all goes well today and that you will find much blessing in greeting your loved ones!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! I had a lovely day! xoxo

      Delete
  6. So many emotions! I had the same sort of emotions when my second husband passed, bittersweet. Didn't hate him, but didn't love him either. It's hard. (((Hugzzzzzz)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is I really love(d) my husband. Its not like a tap. I just can't turn it off. It will take time I suppose, but I should get there, hopefully. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Well love, this morning when you wake up you can stretch take a deep breath and tumble out of bed knowing that today will be a good one as Captain Tom used to say every morning ( did you watch Captain Tom raise the thousands by pushing his Walker in the garden ?). He was/ is a wonderful inspiration for us all. Mary bought me his book, and he has led a fascinating life lots of trials but still he can say ...tomorrow will be a good day..... so that’s my hope for you this dull, cold, but dry morning....Enjoy your day...God Bless. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just sent a comment...I hope it arrives. I don’t see it yet...I’m sure I’m doing the right thing ...enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed browsing through all your items today. There were some great instructions on how to Clean jewelry and oven doors; I loved those. Then the stretches for hands was a good one. I remember having discomfort when crocheting for too long.
    I loved the flip flop socks.
    The hat made out of a sweater was a really good one.
    Christmas scents are the best. I enjoyed it all.
    I'm so happy that you got to hug your sister. I'm thrilled you can be with your Dad. I'm sure it was hard to me in your Mom's home.
    You have such a caring heart, I'm not surprised you are sad about the conditions in the prison.
    Have a great Sabbath day and enjoy the moments with family.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!