Thursday 12 November 2020

Courage Dear Heart . . .

 
I wanted to talk a little bit about courage this  morning.  Courage is a word we use quite often in this life. It is a strength that many of us don't know we have until we are faced with having to overcome or meet a great challenge in our lives.  

Wikepedia describes it thusly: Courage is the choice and willingness to confront agony, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

In the Dictionary it is defined as thus:

cour·age /ˈkərij/ 

 noun: 
courage -  the ability to do something that frightens one. "she called on all her courage to face the ordeal" 
strength in the face of pain or grief - "he fought his illness with great courage" 

There are many kinds of courage and many, many examples one could follow.  The scriptures are full of courageous people, and real life is also filled with a great many examples of people who are courageous in the face of real adversity. 


 
 
There are many who think I am/have been very courageous these past weeks.  Maybe so, but I wanted to tell you this morning that the courage I have had to show and draw upon  and use is nothing in comparison to the courage it took for a young woman to speak out against her abuser.  
 
It takes real courage to first of all acknowledge the abuse, and then it takes even more courage to step forward, knowing that you will be facing a difficult and a very uphill battle. This is courage personified.  
 
To have the strength to stand up and say something accustory and painful to or about someone who in all liklihood is very well thought of, by church or community is a very difficult thing to do. And to do it knowing they are going to deny it takes even more courage. And I have to say I greatly admire this young woman who had the strength to stand up and say.  "This person hurt me.  This person has destroyed my life.  This person has stolen things from me that I can never/will never get back." 

To say these things and stick to them, knowing that many will think you are deluded, or making them up, looking for attention, wanting to cause trouble, lying, etc.  That takes real courage. 

To stay strong in the face of such adversity and to not back down.  That takes real courage.

To face your abuser in a court of law and tell them that what they did to you was wrong and how horribly it has impacted your life.  That takes real courage. 

To know that whatever punishment they get will never be enough, and yet to go on despite knowing this. That takes real courage. 

To be able to look in the mirror each day and yet still be able to/have to move forward in life, after having suffered horrific abuse at the hands of another. That takes real courage.

I cannot imagine. I cannot imagine.  
 
I wish I had a way to erase all of the hurt and the pain. I do not. Perhaps one way of dealing with that pain is to become an advocate for others who have suffered the same kind of pain and anguish. 
 
I know this young woman.  I have loved this young woman for many years, and I think she would be a fabulous advocate in time. She is spunky. She is beautiful. She is kind and compassionate.  She is a great mother to her three children and a great daughter to her parents, and if she calls you her friend she is your friend for life.  She deserved none of what happened to her. I truly hope that she will be able to now find some peace in her life and the happiness she so deserves.  Courage dear heart.  Courage.

You are a wonderful example to me and I know you are to many others as well.  Be well. Be happy. Be proud. You were an amazing little girl and you are an amazing woman/mother/daughter/friend.  I only wish I could have protected you.

 
Mitzie in her new home.  I am so grateful that Steph has sent me photos of Mitzie. I can tell she has settled in very well and is very content and happy.  Of course it hurts in some ways to see the photos, but it also does my heart good to see them in others, I am so very grateful for them, even if they do make me cry a bit.  


I hope that she does not mind me sharing these few with you. Mitzie has found herself a boy to love.   That makes me very happy. I think he loves her too. You can see it.  I have always thought that all boys deserve a dog and that all dogs deserve a boy.  Mitzie has her boy.


She sleeps next to his bed every night.  That does my heart good.  You know Mitzie slept next to my side of the bed every night. I loved being able to just reach out and touch her during the night, to stroke her silky ears.  I loved listening to her breathe and her soft little snores. She is so content.  That cheers my heart to no end.  

 
I hope I don't embarass her by sharing this.  A Nova Scotia friend dropped a care package off to me yesterday.  I was so surprised and so grateful. 
 

The card is stunning. Oh how very happy I am to be back in the land of Marjolein Bastien, where I can buy her notecards, etc. again. I have missed them. A lovely mug with packets of lovely herbal teas. I enjoyed one right away.  Chocolates.  (I also enjoyed one of those right away!  Naughty me I know!)  Three Pumpkin Coffee Cake Muffins.  I had one of those for my supper last night and enjoyed every bite. Two Honey Crisp apples and some great Ontario Cheddar.  I had half of one of the apples last night with some of the cheddar. Simply wonderful. And then there is the plate.  Something to add to my now very depleted food photo prop collection. 

Colleen, this was so very kind of you and it was nice to meet in person finally, albeit from a very great distance and masked.  I thank you very much for brightening my day and look forward to a time we can sit down together and break a few oat cakes together in a few cups of tea and have a good gab.  
 
A thought to carry with you  . . .
 
 ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
I now see how owning our story
and loving ourselves through that process
is the bravest thing we will ever do.
~Brene Brown •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 

I can hear leaves dancing across the pavement this morning in the wind.  That is a sound I have missed for far too long.  Leaves rarely dance in the UK.  Too much rain. 
 
 
 
Sharing an older recipe today for a Bacon & Egg McMuffin Casserole.  This is from a couple of years ago now, but incredibly delicious.  Enjoy!


Have a beautiful Thursday. Its hard to believe that tomorrow it will be a week since I left the UK.  Time really does fly when you are having fun.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

and I do too! 
 












22 comments:

  1. Oh Marie your words touch my heart and soul, bless you and the other lady. Prayers and hugs.
    Your distance friend from Wasaga Beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly. I hope she will be okay. Your prayers are very much appreciated! xoxo

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to the woman who came forward about her abuse. Yes, she was very courageous. And so are you, Marie. Loved seeing Mitzie with her boy. Lovely gift from Colleen. Enjoy the leaves blowing about. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! Lots of things take courage. It did my heart so much good to see Mitzie with her boy and of course the care package really made my day! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. so thankful you have others to help give you courage to continue on and encourage you each step of the way. What would we do without them. Your friends and family are always right there for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We cannot walk alone Pam! there is strength in numbers! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this tribute to a brave young woman. Hoping she feels the love and support and prayers that she so deserves. I wish her happiness, peace and angels to surround her. I cannot imagine.
    Mitzie and her boy, delightful. Lovely gift from a lovely, thoughtful friend.
    Have a nice Thursday, one week down! ♥️ V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she will V. Loved seeing Mitzie with her boy. She looks like she is in love! That made my heart smile even if the tears came. xoxo

      Delete
  5. This is such a positive post, Marie. And in the end her life was not destroyed because she didn't allow it to be. Damaged, injured, disrupted, forever changed; yes. But taking control and fighting back, and building again is the work of a victor. I wish her, and you, a victorious future of light and beauty and love and every happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Kath! Yes, all either of us can do now is to move forward and hope for the best. Faith can work wonders! xoxo

      Delete
  6. What a nice a visit from a friend bearing such a lovely gift. It'll be fun looking for that cute plate to appear under some signature Marie deliciousness over at the Kitchen page.

    So glad to see these reassuring photos of Mitzie settling in... it's apparent how much her boy utterly adores her, bless their hearts and bless Steph for the updates. Angels everywhere <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice a visit from a friend bearing such a lovely gift. It'll be fun looking for that cute plate to appear under some signature Marie deliciousness over at the Kitchen page.

    So glad to see these reassuring photos of Mitzie settling in... it's apparent how much her boy utterly adores her, bless their hearts and bless Steph for the updates. Angels everywhere <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice a visit from a friend bearing such a lovely gift. It'll be fun looking for that cute plate to appear under some signature Marie deliciousness over at the Kitchen page.

    So glad to see these reassuring photos of Mitzie settling in... it's apparent how much her boy utterly adores her, bless their hearts and bless Steph for the updates. Angels everywhere <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Marie~

      I will quickly tell you that I have just loved every single post...you are so blessed, and I just love you. The young woman who chose to tell authorities about what happened to her is so courageous! She will never be the same, she will be stronger and more confident than ever before. I am so proud of you Marie!

      I have been having computer problems, so I hope you even get this comment, it keeps cutting me off and then I lose everything. Loved seeing Mitzie, she looks loved and cared for. Love knowing that you are also being pampered by good friends...I just love that!

      Much love to you XOXOX

      Hugs and Love,
      Barb

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jen! It did my heart good to see her! Even though I cried when I did. I am happy she seems content! Yes Angels everywhere! Xoxo

      Thee is nothing worse than computer problems Barb! Very frustrating to say the least. Mine is doing updates this morning g and I have everything roses! I hate updates! They can sometimes really mess things up! Xoxo

      Delete
  9. Meanwhile I read you I think in you Marie always I knew you were brave and smart.
    Send you love and hugs always

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I believe Mitzie loves that boy. He seems to love her too. So good to see. My favorite thing about courage - You can choose courage or you can choose comfort, never both. Being courageous takes us out of our comfort zone and sometimes that is a good thing. So nice of your friend to bring you a care package! Praying you are feeling better today (Friday) - One whole week down! Much love - Raquel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a genuinely nice thing for her to do. I was so grateful and it really lifted me, the care package. I loved seeing the look Mitzie is giving Dillon. I can tell it is already a loving relationship. That helps to soften the loss somewhat. I know I did the right thing for her. xoxo

      Delete
  11. Indeed what a brave brave girl..I can't think of T..
    I just can't..sorry:(Not sorry.

    I love that Mitzie has a BOY:) Yes it must hurt and feel good..I know what you mean:)
    And what a nice friend!
    So glad you are being welcomed so warmly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think of him either. It makes me angry. I will not stay in contact with him. He will only see it as a soft spot and try to manipulate me more.

      I LOVE that Mizie has a boy also. It is a good thing. I know I will have many good and bad days to come. But so far more good than bad! xoxo

      Delete
  12. I my sweet friend, you really wrote well on the subject of courage. I agree fully that this young woman had great courage. I can't even imagine standing up for herself and being brave enough to bring it all out and deal with it. I admire you for your thoughts, I'm sure that it is hard to think and write about. I am very happy you are writing about this because it will help you heal.
    I loved your thoughts on Mitzie. I can't imagine how hard it was to leave her. I'm happy she has settled in. Our little Sammy had a spinal stroke and it was very traumatic for us. However, right now he is doing well and hopefully will be back to normal. He's 12 years old, so we were frightened that we might lose him.
    Thanks for this post today; it was such a good one. I'm so sorry you have had to go through this all. I admire your courage.
    Sending love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!