Saturday 28 November 2020

Saturday This and That . . .


Sitting here in the dark this morning. I think I've been up for about an hour and a half now. I am trying to be really careful not to disturb anyone. I am an early riser, always have been, but I am ever cognizant that others are not and I don't want to wake anybody up! 

I slept like a baby last night.The mattress on mom's bed, although in pristine condition, was quite firm and I just wasn't sleeping well on it.  So last week I used some of my savings to buy a new mattress.  I did the research. This is the last mattress I will ever buy. I wanted to make sure it was a good one and worth the money. Endy was what I ended up with and they had a sale on. 

 
It was delivered right to the door!  For free.  Unpacking it was an incredibly unique experience.  So well packed. It was flat as a pancake and folded in half. I was quite surprised. We unrolled all the plastic from it, and then removed the vacuum pack and Presto Chango!  Like magic it turned into a mattress right before our eyes! I couldn't believe it.  And it is amazingly comfortable.  The most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. It was well worth the money. 

My arthritis makes it very uncomfortable for me at times to find a way to sleep where it doesn't hurt. Last night was like sleeping on a marshmallow. I highly recommend! 


Its nice to see Christmas Decorations going up around town. That was always something we enjoyed doing with the children at Christmas, driving around and looking at all the decorations. My mother and father were never much for putting up outdoor decorations. Mom was far too thrifty for that. I confess as well, when the children were growing up, the most I would do is a string of lights around the front room window. I was on my own a lot with the kids due to the nature of my ex's work, and I was never much for ladder climbing.  I do so love to see other people's decorations however! Apparently Dan gets a real tree every year.  I am looking forward to that! 


Jake has already picked his tree.  This is his. He has two others! One is for the pets.  He also has a light version. I can't wait to hear the story behind all three. I'm sure it is a good one! 

I finally got a letter yesterday.  Just one page. I am not sure how much they are allowed to write from prison, as in how many pages. Expect not too many. And they would all be censored.  He has apologised to a degree. My sister told me (and rightly so) not to read too much into his words. He will be well aware his letters are being censored and so he will have been very careful to write just the right things.  With things such as parole, etc. in his future.  I did not read it right away.  I kept it for a couple hours before opening it up. I wasn't sure of what to expect and I wasn't sure what my reaction would be. I was protecting my heart. 

 
I took a picture of Jazzy to share with Eileen when I was talking to her yesterday. Its not a great photograph because I took it with my iPad. She was sleeping (Jazzy) and I just snapped a shot. She has the prettiest green eyes, and the cutest personality. She is a little charmer for sure. My sister has this little light thingie. You push a button and it shines out a red light that you can point in any direction so the cats can chase it. Jazzy wants me to do it all the time. She's so cute.

No photographs of Mitzie this week. I hope she is okay. I am sure that she is. 

I thought maybe one day I will get another dog, but then they need walking and I wouldn't be able to do too much of that, so maybe not. Maybe I will get a cat. We shall see.  A lot depends on where I end up living. Pets do add a lot to your life however. Especially if you are on your own. 

 
People are stirring now. The sky is lightening up and the coffee pot is bubbling away.  I do love the smell of hot coffee in the morning, even though I don't drink it. I always loved when you first opened a jar of coffee and poked down through the vacuum seal. It smelled lovely. 

I do like a nice coffee cake. Like a Coffee Walnut Cake. Mind you I just like cake. In any way, shape or form. 

And it shows . . . 

 
People are starting to get really anxious now about the Virus. I don't blame them. Eileen was feeling really afraid yesterday when I was speaking her on FB. I told her to just keep doing the things we have been asked to do and staying safely distanced from others. If we all do these things we have nothing to fear. My father says he is depressed because of it.  I can totally understand that.  
 
My cousin has tested positive with it. He lives in Northern Quebec. His mother was my Aunt who passed away last week.  They were all at the wake and funeral. Hoping it hasn't passed through the whole family. Time will tell. 

I cannot understand how anyone could think any of this is a hoax or a Government plot to control us.  I know that some people actually believe this, but then again, some people still think the world is flat and that the Holocaust never happened.  It takes all kinds. Its the differences in each of us which makes life so interesting. 


I think it is only natural that all of us are feeling more than a little bit distressed and annoyed, depressed even about this situation we find ourselves living in. Humans were not meant to be on their own. We quite naturally crave the companionship of others and of family.  I think it is important to remind ourselves that this is not a forever thing. This too shall pass and in the meantime we can find small and simple joys in each and every day.  
 
Yesterday was a beautiful and sunny day, quite warm actually, with a beautiful blue sky. I got to play with a cute little black kitten and bake a cake.  I got to help my sister prepare a simple supper for all of us, (Cindy, Dan, myself and Dad) and sit down to eat it with them.  I am  dry and warm and safe. 

In these days of Covid, you have to take your blessings where you find them, and count them all joy. It is so easy to dwell on all of the things that we are missing. I don't particularly like wearing  a mask.  I find it difficult to breathe and it actually makes me cough.  I don't like having to try not to cough when that happens. But I am grateful for the mask and for the protection it gives to others and to myself.  If everyone would just wear one and take precautions we could see the end of this sooner. 

 
No, its not ideal, but we are at peace. Our sons are not off fighting Wars, and we have much to be grateful for.  Maybe 2020 will be the year we learned all about what truly matters in life and what means the most to each of us. Maybe it will be the cause of us drawing closer to each other, together. Maybe it will be an impetus towards people being more caring and loving towards others. Maybe 2020 will go down as the year we all learned to count our blessings.

Just think of how good we will all feel when it is all over.  May we never take love, our health and our freedom for granted ever again.

A thought to carry with you  . . .  

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°Books are the plane, and the train,
and the road.   
They are the destination,
and the journey. They are home.
~Anna Quindlen.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 
 


This is the cake I baked yesterday. It is an Applesauce Spice Cake with a Browned Butter Frosting and it is delicious! 

Have a wonderful Saturday.  We are going to go out shopping and dropping off a my dad's. I can't believe that we are already at the end of November. This year has flown by and has been filled with surprises.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too!   



























 



 

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! I hope you have a good weekend also! ❤️

      Delete
  2. I do agree it's been a year to learn not to take anything for granted. Maybe we all needed to learn that lesson and appreciate what we'v got instead of complaining about what we don't have. How nice for you to get that new mattress and a good night's sleep. It's so important to get a good night's rest. Glad you are enjoying the simple things with your family. What a blessing for sure !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! I hope you have a nice day with your family today! ❤️

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie - I am glad to hear that you are doing well and looking forward with faith. Stay well. COVID is exploding down here in Utah as well. We are staying home as much as possible. I am doing about 99% of my Christmas shopping online this year. That mattress sounds divine. We need a new one so I will look into that one your purchased. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Covid is very scary. I am not sure when we will see an end to it, if ever. People just need to be careful and do what they are asked to do. Happy weekend! ❤️

      Delete
  4. I believe that one of the main differences between people is EXPERIENCE...and that if each of us had gone through all the same things, it is likely we would think more alike too. If I had never been a Navy wife and if hubby and I had never been involved in politics when we were young parents (even went to our state caucus as delegates)...I would think more like a lot who write in blogs and online today. Our eyes were opened...we were totally shocked at what went on "behind closed doors". Frankly, I feel the only reason USA is still a country (and who knows for how much longer) is because quite simply GOD wanted it that way. We were completely disillusioned. And this year, with all the obvious cheating that has gone on (for crying out loud they have it on video)...the saddest I have ever felt. But again, because I believe GOD has the final say...that is what allows me to go on. When I homeschooled my kids is when I REALLY learned some history. Found some textbooks that were written using the original documents from the founding fathers in USA...wow, what a lot was left out of my education. And that trend has only continued to this day. Yes, some do know...but less and less. We must understand our past if we are going to understand our future...and not make a failure of it. ALL OF US!! And within my own little family of 5 are many examples of HUGE errors in medical care. I don't blame the doctors entirely as it is such an impossible lot of information they need to know...but yes, there is a plan to destroy at least some of us. My husband was given the very awful drug CIPRO about 10 years ago and within 3 days began going downhill...which continues to this day. Now he can barely walk...has to have a cane even in the house and no we are not that old yet. One of our friend's daughter aged 15 yrs younger than us has also had her health destroyed by CIPRO...she is worse off than my hubby even. Some have died from that drug and yet they still are using it. Those kind of things destroy trust, Marie. Sorry...I don't ever believe the main word put out on news media anymore...we are living a terrible crime done to us. I do not know the total truth of what has happened...and I doubt that will ever come out entirely to public light. Masks may help a twinge...someone said due to the size of the germ, it is like trying to catch a mosquito in a chain link fence...but it is actually harmful, especially to some of us who have asthma. I do think staying 6 ft away from others is a good idea (but then I prefer that when out in public anyway...do not like strangers standing close to me). THAT may be our best protection...rather than the masks. Here we chance some really bad results is not wearing masks, so we do...but mostly we stay home. It has been lonely but our daughter comes by or talks to us on phone as she can...and at least we have each other. I think the main way to fight this germ is being clean, and doing all we can to improve our immune systems. There has never been a vaccine that worked for a virus so far as I have ever heard...anyone know of a single time when it did? So eating properly, getting organic, avoiding sugars so much as we can, using natural things like garlic, vitamins and minerals...that is what we should be doing. Plenty of information online as to how to best help the immune system. And prayers of course...and staying calm as we can and not being fearful. Someone pointed out that "fear not" is one of the most common sayings in the Bible...good point...easier said than done at times...but listening to good music, reading from the Psalms, is one thing we do...just before going to sleep at night. Won't hurt.
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In answer to your comment about does anyone know about a vaccine working to stop a virus - yes, the flu, polio, hepatitis B, hepatitis A, measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, whooping cough, chickenpox, meningitis - I think there are more but those are the first ones that come to mind x

      Delete
  5. We do tend to take a lot for granted. Ontario saw over 1800 new Covid cases today. Very scary. I'm going to check out that mattress. We need a new one, too. Love that Dan wants to put up a real tree. It's dark already. Time to think about dinner. Leftovers tonight but planning to roast a chicken for Sunday dinner. Hope hearing from Todd wasn't upsetting. Take gentle care. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!