Monday 9 November 2020

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

 

 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  
 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.  

 



Admittedly not the most flattering photo in the world, but hey!  Its me.  This was me sitting in at Heathrow airport on Friday in the assistance section, waiting to be taken over to the gate to fly to Canada. I am so grateful for a Bishop who went the extra mile to pick me up in Chester and drive me all the way down to London. He also got my baggage checked in and handed me over properly to the Assistance desk, whereupon they took over.  He even bought me a donut on the way down, which I didn't really need but gladly accepted because I was starving.  He is a real Prince. He has been with me every step of the way with this journey, supported me and helped me as much as possible.  I have been blessed.

And I had been really stressing about this trip.  It had been a long time since I had flown.  I was not sure how I would do it.  I am older, more doddery, easily confused, lol. That cane of mine got me a lot of plus's. Seriously everyone did their best for me. I was a bit annoyed with my handler in Montreal. He was young. He was cocky. He abandoned me to go to the bathroom and I could hear him complaining about missing his break on his little telephone. In all truth, he actually made me feel like a huge nuisance. DUH - this is your job! Clearly he was better suited to be elsewhere, but by and large I was treated wonderfully. 


The Lord was with me every step of the way.  I got here safe and sound. None of my fears about what might happen on the aircraft came to fruition. I can die now and know that whatever else, I will be near my family. What a great blessing. I am so very grateful for all the people who helped to make this happen.  I am truly blessed and thankful for all of the prayers, help, support, etc. from friends, from my church family, from my family family, from YOU.  
 
I have felt the love and the support and I am truly grateful. I have not responded to all of the comments yet, but I have read them all and I will respond in time. I promise.  

 
Tina and Tony. I am so grateful for all of the help they have given me and the guidance, advice.  For their grandson Josh and wife Amy.  These four people have been instrumental in making sure I got away safely and in making sure my home was cleared, etc. All I had to do was pack my bags and walk away. They have and are taking care of everything else.  My friend Tina is spot on with her impressions.  She told me two weeks ago you need to be gone by next Friday at the lastest (the 6th of Nov) and I am so grateful for her wise impressions.  When Tina gets an impression you need to follow it.  She walks hand in hand with the Saviour.  
 
On Friday a newspaper article with names and addresses was published by the police. Had I still been there, who knows what might have happened.  There are a lot of people about who are really cruel and ignorant about.  I think I may have been subjected to harassment and abuse had I not been already gone.  

My landlord is selling the house. He is afraid that there will be retribution taken on his property because of Todd by ignorant people. I don't blame him. 

Line in the sand. Moving foward,
But grateful for all the good people the Lord saw fit
to surround me with over these past weeks.




Window visits.  My dad. My daughter, her husband and his friend Calvin. My sister.  Eileen dropped these off to my door last night on her way home from her afternoon at Tim Hortons. My sister said, "Doesn't she know you are Diabetic!" (There will be no getting away with anything with her around, lol)  It was so thoughtful of Eileen though.  She has been by twice a day and her smiling face helps me to feel that everything is going to be A. O. K. 
 
 
There have been many, many window hugs.  I cannot wait to make them real. She even brought me a Christmas mask to wear. Bless her sweet heart.  She brought me three films to watch, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I will though.  I have missed so much.  That is all about to change.

 
Facetimes over the weekend with Doug and these three.  They have gotten quite chatty and been sharing lots with me.  That makes my heart sing. 

 
For my dad who has been here at least once a day since I arrived. Socially distanced of course and through the window, masks on. It has done my heart good to see him. I can't wait to be able to hug him as well. He is paying for all my food, which is such a gift.  Love him so much. I never thought I would be able to see him again, but by the grace of God I have and I am and we have more happy times to come. 
 
 
I know she doesn't like this photograph, but I love it.  This is my sister and she has been my rock since the beginning. So supportive and giving.  I will never be able to thank her for all she has done and is doing for me. She is a rock star! We have had socially distanced hugs also.  Talked on the phone.  She made sure I got a lovely warm welcome.  She made sure my fridge was stocked and has been topping it up since.  Yesterday I got to taste some of her fabulous fermented kraut (and it didn't kill me!) and it was lovely. Delicious even. It packs a wallop however as it is quite spicy. I can't wait to cook together and do things like fermenting together.  I am so grateful to finally be reunited with my best friend in the word. It has been 18 years since we have seen each other. I never thought I would see her again either. 
 
GOD IS GOOD!  
 
 
Mitzie appears to have settled into her new home.  She looks very content in her new bed there. Of all my sorrows over these past few weeks, losing her was the deepest one. I am so very grateful that she is there and she is content and for knowing she will be loved and cherished and well cared for.  And she has a boy to play with and walk her.  This is an extra special tender mercy for sure.



 
I am so very blessed.  I have seen so many miracles and tender mercies over these past few weeks. I am so grateful for a heart and eyes to see them.  I truly am. 

I am so tired now. I have been waking up at 3 am every morning. I actually think however I may be able to go back to bed his morning and so I am going to try, if only for an hour or so.  Thank you all for everything.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The phrase, "Do not be afraid."
is written 365 times in the bible.
That's a daily reminder from God
to live every day being fearless.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 
 
 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Chicken with Wilted Baby Greens, Pears and Blue Cheese. My first recipe from the Quarantine kitchen!

Have a wonderful week.  3 days down of quarantine, only 11 to go!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

and I do too!     



 
 















 

22 comments:

  1. So glad all went well..I know in the past flying had been a worry.surrounded by love now.Fabulous!
    And all those good good people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for these updates Marie, it's both heartwarming and reaffirming to witness the goodness and kindness that can prevail when even the most horrific and unimaginable of bad things descend upon good and true souls like yourself.

    The vision of your radiant smiling Eileen standing outside the window must have your heart beaming, she is such a treasure! And seeing everyone... your Dad and Sis with your own eyes after so many years must be surreal.. even more so when you were not certain you would ever see them again. Oh my gosh, you all must be absolutely bursting to hold each other close.

    Eternal blessings to Tina, Tony, Josh, Amy, your family, the Bishop and everyone else who supported, protected, loved and helped to see you safely on your way. Blessings and tender mercies large and small indeed. So very grateful for the updates and love surrounding Mitzie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am playing catch up with my comments Jen! I have been incredibly blessed! There’s no doubt about it! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. With all the loving visits from your family, the time will go by fast and soon you'll be living your new life. Enjoy it ! No looking backward only going forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised at how quickly the first week went Pam! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. So glad to hear you are managing your lockdown there...and glad your family is taking care of you in all the ways they can!! It sounds even moreso that your leaving when you did was providential!! May Tina and her family and the other friends there be very blessed for all they did to help you!! Take care, rest, and recover however best you can!!
    Hugs and love, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good Elizabeth! God has surely surrounded me with some very good people! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. Good Luck with jet lag. You won’t feel right for a few days, time change and travelling fatigue is hard on the body. Blessings on Tina and your Bishop. In your time of great need they were there for you. Rest and breathe deeply, you’re home. Angharad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A week later Angharad and I am finally feeling half human! Me and time changes don’t do well! Xoxo

      Delete
  6. Marie - I'm very late getting your news and I want to say first of all, welcome home to Canada. Secondly, my heart aches for you in what I know is a very difficult, heart wrenching situation. But you have your faith and the knowledge that God loves you in whatever comes your way. I'm sending love your way. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Sandy! I don’t know where I would be without my faith and the love and prayers of family and friends! Xoxo

      Delete
  7. Bless you, Marie! I have followed your blog for about 12 years..I live in Illinois. I have prayed for you many times and am so forever thankful that you are now home...safe. I rarely, if ever comment, but I always follow and I feel like you are my friend..I have your English Kitchen Cookbook and have so enjoyed reading the recipes and stories...I am a "cooking for one widow" and your recipes are always so easy to pare down to "just for me" :) Take care now, dear blog Friend ...get some good rest..soon you will be able to hug your family and loved ones. <3 God is good and as you told me once, years ago, "God loves you". <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynney! I have felt the prayers surrounding me and they have surely blessed my life!! I am happy my recipes are easy to pare down! 👍👍👍 I will be cooking for one in time! ❤️

      Delete
  8. Happy you are settling in and so happy to see the photos of all the lovely people who are there for you. God bless them all. V

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to hear the good things, Marie. Praying here that the next 11 days will fly by like the first 3 did. So glad your family are supportive and loving. Much love - Raquel xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raquel! Your prayers are appreciated! Xoxo

      Delete
  10. I loved reading your thoughts, your grateful thoughts. I am so happy you are settled in for the quarantine moment. Love that you are re-united with your Dad, and Sister. 18 years is a very long time. What a special hugging reunion it will be when you can hug again. I love your sweet daughter and her tender ways of caring for you too. Those grandson's are adorable and I know they are going to bring you great joy.
    May your path be lighter and brighter as you continue to adjust to being back home.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs our way and prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im so happy dear Marie you have a lovely and warm family . Is a blessing.
    This comfort me. Because Im really worry about you. Count witt me too Marie.hugs0

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!