Tuesday 17 November 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

  

 

FOR TODAY, November 17, 2020

Outside my window ...
Its dark and silent. Cool, but dry. Not a creature is stirring  . . .   

I am thinking ...
About the fluidity of life. How you never really know what will come to your table from one year to the next, one month to the next, one day to the next.  It can change completely in an instant. Never take any of your blessings for granted. Never.  Always recognise them for what they are and appreciate each and every one of them, small or large.

I am thankful for ...
I have a list of thanksgiving that reaches to the moon and back again, many, many times. I am incredibly blessed, and I know it.

In the kitchen ...

Mary Berry's Sage & Onion Stuffing.  This stuff is truly the best.  Simple and delicious. Since I discovered this recipe a few years ago, I never make it any other way.  I could eat it with a spoon.

On my "To Cook" list ... 


Savory Nothings.  Chocolate Marble Pound Cake. 
 

Good to know ... 

 
Haven't tried this yet, but I'm going to. 
 
I am wanting to create ... 
 
 
The Happier Homemaker. Pom Pom Garland. 
 
 
Esther Braithewaite on Ravelry.  Gingerbread friends. 
 
 
Kate Godfrey. A little friend. 
 
 
Resilient Knitter.  Knitted Acorns. 
 
 
Cal Del Limon.  Scandanavian Santa.  
 
I am reading ... 

 
Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe, by Heather Webber

Nestled in the mountain shadows of Alabama lies the little town of Wicklow. It is here that Anna Kate has returned to bury her beloved Granny Zee, owner of the Blackbird Cafe. It was supposed to be a quick trip to close the cafe and settle her grandmother’s estate, but despite her best intentions to avoid forming ties or even getting to know her father’s side of the family, Anna Kate finds herself inexplicably drawn to the quirky Southern town her mother ran away from so many years ago, and the mysterious blackbird pie everybody can’t stop talking about. As the truth about her past slowly becomes clear, Anna Kate will need to decide if this lone blackbird will finally be able to take her broken wings and fly.

Just a bit of easy reading fluff for the moment.

 Dreaming About ... 

 
Calico cats  . . . 

 
Crackling log fires  . . . 

 
Cinnamon Sticks  . . . 

 
Autumn Spice Candles  . . . 

 
Fresh baked pies  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


The Crown Series 4 on Netflix.  Just started it. 
 
Makes me smile ... 

 
Eileen and Tim  . . .  every day, sometimes twice.  "Do you need anything mom?" 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


Black squirrel on the run  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
You will never influence the world
by trying to be like it.
~Unknown•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。
 
 And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
      
 
 
 










 

16 comments:

  1. Loved the little red striped mice and acorns. So cute. We all have lots to be thankful for. Eileen and Tim must be counting the days till you are free. Off to have breakfast. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Elaine! THey make me wish I had some knitting needles and yarn with me! Only three more sleeps! I can't wait. Enjoy your breakfast. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. She must be overjoyed to have you home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both are happy I am here!three more sleeps! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. We truly never know just what will happen day to day, all we can do is take what we're given and do the best we an with what we've got. Be thankful this whole month of November, every day on my blog. There is truly always something to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Pam! Even on the darkest days there is light to be found! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Interesting things you share here today...cute photo of your kids too...how sweet of them to come so often!! Funny thing about stuffings...so many ways to make them. My family did not eat onions, but ours was ever so tasty with what was put into them. I love onions so have always used them in mine too. So happy your confinement is nearly done!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only 3 sleeps left!! The British love their stuffing! They have loads of different kinds. I like my good old familiar stuffing, nothing fancy! Love and hugs! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. Those dear kids standing out your door....love it! V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day like clock-work V! It really is the highlight of my day! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the recipe for the dressing; it does look delicious. The pound cake looks good too.
    I loved all the little crocheted items; so cute. The Pom Pom Garland is really lovely
    YOur book looks good; I think we all should read a fluff book once in a while. Right now, I need time to read one.
    I love the photo of the cat and the crackling log fire.
    I do love scented candles and all the smells of this time of year.
    I loved the most your sweet daughter Eileen and Tim and their frequent visits; that's the best yet.
    Have a good week, dear friend! Sending continued prayers and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! They are such a cute couple! xoxo

      Delete
  7. I do love the cute photo of your dear daughter coming by; what a treasure you have there.
    Happy Birthday to that precious grandson, Jake! He's a cute one and I loved the photos of him. I bet you are anxious to love and hugs those sweet grandchildren of yours!
    I loved the photo of your dear father and your thoughts about him. Enjoy the moments on this one!
    That photo of you is the best; a treasure for sure!
    I love your bride photo with the bible; it is so beautiful.
    I really love that you can spend sweet time with your beloved sister. I have always wanted a sister; continue to cherish her.
    I am most happy that you have had wonderful friends and loved ones that have help you through this all. God is good!!
    Through this all, I love your faithful and grateful heart,and your good attitude. You are inspiring.
    Sending loving thoughts, prayers and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much LeAnn. I love my sister so very much. We have always been the best of friends. We did have our squabbles when we were growing up, but basically we have always been there for each other. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  8. Your post about the fragility of life spoke to me today. It was not an easy day as I had to console students and attend the funeral of a former student. Sixteen is just too young.
    I love reading your blog for many reasons. Good recipes. Good books. Good thoughts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, that is so sad Laura. Life is indeed very fragile, and 16 is far too young. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!