Sunday 1 November 2020

Sunday , Sunday . . .

 

 
Well, its official. England is going into Lockdown at midnight on Thursday. Not sure what that means for me and my flight which is on Friday.  I may have to change it to Thursday or sooner.  We will see. I am not sure I could make it happen sooner. I just have to keep believing that things will work out. 

In one way or another. I paid extra for a flex ticket whatever that means. Hoping it was a good thing. 

I know that our Prime Minister did this to save Christmas.  But if I cannot fly out it will be ruining mine. Never mind. What will be will be. Everything happens for a reason. 


I was prompted this morning to get another suitcase.  I will have to pay an additional fee to bring a second suitcase but I think in this case it will be worth it. Especially where at this point I am not sure I will be able to send any of my belongings over to Canada.  At least in the second suitcase I can put my mother's letters and really special stuff. We will see.  Also I wanted to bring my wool pillow and a winter coat. Well somewhat winteresh. I don't really have a winter coat, socks or boots but I can worry about that when I get to the other end. 

Some of you have suggested me leaving Mitzie with Todd. I can't tell you why, but it is not an option at this point. Know certainly that if I could, I would. He loves her as much as I do. 

 
I got another letter from my Doctor's surgery yesterday in the post reference my latest blood test.  It said simply that I needed to call the surgery after 10 am to arrange a ROUTINE (in capitals) tlephone consultation appointment with the Doctor or Nurse who requested my tests to discuss the result with them. I am not sure what that is about but I am thinking that the word routine must mean it is nothing too awful.  

And I was awake at 4:30 this morning, thinking about everything.  Yesterday I managed to stay in bed until 6.  I may try to go back for a short and get some  more sleep. 

In the meantime I will share with you some Halloween pics from yesterday. 
 

An Elephant and Mama witch.


A Skeleton and Mama Witch . . .

 
I see snow  . . .  two boys ready to trick or treat. I am thinking
that Jon is too old for it now. 


Another skeleton and a Pirate. 

There was no trick or treating here. At all.
 
Three things to look forward to.
  • Being able to be at the end of Eileen's Street
  • Christmas with family
  • Feeling safe again
 

A thought to carry with you ... 
 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
With God,
all things are possible.
~Matthew 19:26•。★★ 。* 。

 
In The English Kitchen today.  Croissants from scratch. Not as hard as I thought they might be. I was very pleased with the results.

Have a beautiful Sunday. Don't forget.

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!  


14 comments:

  1. Marie, I thought OH NO, hearing of this lockdown to begin Thursday there...but in the article I link here, it sounds like you surely could leave...but do check as like you say, you might need to leave sooner. (I wonder too if you might be able to leave since you are a citizen of Canada still right? And are not coming back to England). Here is the link:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/31/europe/uk-lockdown-coronavirus-europe-intl/index.html
    I hope this helps!! Hang in there dear!! Was reading Psalms tonight...sure thought of you in parts!!
    HUGS, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to call tomorrow to make sure. 👍👍👍 I love the Psalms Elizabeth. It is my favourite book in the Old Testament! ❤️

      Delete
  2. I thought of you right away when I heard the news about the lockdown. Hope you can change your flight so you can return to Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking where I have a one way ticket and am not going on holiday and am a Canadian Citizen, I might be okay! Fingers crossed! ❤️

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! I need to be! I can break down later! ❤️

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear about the lockdown. Yes, I'd be leaving while you still can. Good thing you have a warning ahead of time. Certainly something not to use ignored. Wishing you safe travels and a welcome on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should still be okay to go on Friday. I have maskes and visors, and plastic gloves, hand sanitizer, alcohol towelettes. I am well fortified! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie~

    I am praying that things will work out for your return home. And I think it's a wonderful idea to take an additional suitcase, it's amazing how much you can fit in a suitcase when you need to! You are amazing Marie!!

    The pictures are adorable, and by the looks of that snow, you could even wear your winter coat!

    Good luck with all you have to do this coming week, O know that you will be blessed as you make these most difficult decisions...as always, you are in our prayers and thoughts XOXO.

    Love you Tons,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Barb. It is not cheap to take a second case, but it is a smart move I think! Thanks always for the prayers, thoughts and love! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Dear Marie, May the next few weeks be blessed and peace cover you during these bumpy days. God bless you. V

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don’t worry too much about winter clothes. In our province the thrift stores ( charity shops) have loads of clothes for next to nothing. Ask your sister if she could pick up a coat with a hood for you to tide you over. You won’t be going outside very much for a few weeks anyway. Wear warm boots to travel in though, airports are draughty places. You’re a Canadian returning home so I don’t think lockdown should affect you. The plane will be full of expats I imagine. Good luck this week- a week you could never have imagined happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine it will. Thank you so much for all your thoughts Angharad. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!