Thursday 26 November 2020

My Favourite Things . . .

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

 

These are a few of my favourite things. Maybe some of them are your favourites too. It is a good to take your mind off things that are bringing you down and to dwell on the good more often than not. You can admire without wanting. What can I say, I like to look at pretty things!  

 

 
Embroidered linens  . . .

(source
 
Bunting  . . .  any kind  . . .  any season  . . . 

 
Flowery China! 
 
 
Yarn  . . . 

 
My favourite book  . . . and movie for that matter . . . 

 
I think this is just beautiful  . . . 

 
The Graphics Fairy.  This Victorian Alphabet Chart. 
 
 
Pretty book bindings  . . . 

 
Pretty nightgowns  . . . 

 
Enamelware  . . . 


This is just so pretty  . . .  
 
 
Toadstools  . . .  
 
 
 
Hedgehog Donut Holes  . . . 

 
Georgian  . . .  very  . . . 

 
So very pretty  . . . . 

 
Prim and Proper  . . . 



 
Johnson Brothers  . . . 

 
Love this  . . . 

 So beautiful  . . . .

(source)  

Filet Crochet Shelf Edging   . . . 

 
She has tea on the brain  . . . .

And those are my favourite things for this week!  

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
One day you will tell your story
of what you overcame and what
you went through, and it will be
someone else's survival guide.
~Brene Brown•。★★ 。* 。 
 
My dad is coming for lunch today. I am going to make him a Grilled Cheese and Bologna Sandwich, just like in the old days!  My sister will be at work, but we are all going out for Haddie Bits tonight!  I have never had them, but I hear they are very good! 



I'm talking Turkey Leftovers in the English Kitchen today.  Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends and family!  I hope you have a wonderful day! 

I hope you ALL have a wonderful day! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!    













































16 comments:

  1. I love the book the Little Women too, and also embroidered linens, Enjoy lunch with your Dad today, and haddie bits sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie, what a beautiful array of favourite things. Bologna used to be a favourite with mustard in school lunches but I haven't seen it for sale for a long time. Nice you're having lunch with your dad today. Enjoy! Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to be able to make a sandwich for my dad! I used to have him for lunch every Wednesday and make him a toasted Bologna and cheese sandwich, which he loves! Love and hugs, xoxo❤️

      Delete
  3. It's definitely time for Turkey leftovers as we're celebrating our Thanksgiving today in the USA. My family celebration will be Saturday and then I'll have some leftovers to enjoy too. I love Turkey and all the trimmings and they are even better the second time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy getting together with your family! Yes, even better the second time around! ❤️

      Delete
  4. Lovely you get to have your dad over today...and go out tonight with the family...what fun!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hedgehog doughnut holes are brilliant, so simple and so fun! It must be wonderful preparing food for your loved ones again. Lunch with your Dad and then out for haddie bits with your fam sounds like an absolutely perfect day Marie, long may they continue : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to make those hedgehog donut holes! They look like such fun! Thank you Jen! Love and hugs! ❤️

      Delete
  6. I LOVE your pretty things...such a treat. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos!
    Lunch with dad, priceless. xoV

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love browsing through our favorite things. I remain amazed at the items you find. I loved the embroidered linens.I don't see alot of that any more. The plates were awesome. I do love dishes. "Little Women", an all time favorite and then you show Jane Austin books too. I must find time to read a good novel; it is a lacking joy in my life.
    I do nightgowns and this look like a cute one.
    I enjoyed the Georgian look and the Prim and Proper one. I think we need more modesty in these days.
    I'm loving your updates on your Dad and You!
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!