Friday 27 November 2020

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 

A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become, inspire memories . . . maybe they will do the same for you!    

Who can resist smiling at Barbie all dressed up for Christmas?  Not me, that's who!  Donna's Doll Designs.  Some serious Barbie eye candy going on.  
 
 

A Dash of Sanity.  Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars.   

 

Simple Comfort Food.  Pizza Style Hot Dogs.  Come to mama! 

 

Home & House Review.  Tips for great quilt care.   

 

Mama Bear Bliss.  How to stay productive and motivated every day. 7 helpful tips.  I don't know about you, but I have had a year of feeling not motivated! 

 

Crafty Staci. Game Board Mug Mats.  Cute!   

 
 
What a beautiful needlebook.  Jenny of Elephantz.  A complete tutorial. 

 

De Graff Design.  Crocheted Pot scrubbers. Me like.   

 

Chocolate Mintz in a Jar.  Knitted washcloths. 

 

Homestead Survival.  Rice pack shoulder heating pad.  

 

Granny Star Ornaments.  A free pattern from A Happy One.   

 

Brome Fields.  Beginner Scarf/Cowl Pattern. Free.   

 

Angel Pillow Cookies.  From Kitchen Nostalgia

 
 
Free  Boot Cuff Pattern. From Crochet from J.   

 

Sew Scrumptious.  Make Up Bag Pattern and Tutorial.   

 

On the Cutting Floor.  DIY Reversable wool hat.  Love this.   

 


Handmade Felt Covered Pocket Journals.  From Rosie Pink.   

 

From Lila Griffith, diy yarn pompom birds.  I can see these as Christmas Robins!   How utterly cute!  
 
 
 

Pom Pom Christmas Tree, from Love Knitting.  This is adorable. So simple to make as well. Complete Tutorial. 
 
 


From Craftsy.  How to paint a realistic sky in Water Colours.   

And those are my finds for this week. I hope that there was something of interest for you here!   Something to inspire you to get motivated and creating.

I had the nicest phone call yesterday from one of my ex-sister's in law. I am sure we had not spoken in 21 or 22 years.  She was the one sister in law I had missed the most. We were always really close with each other. We grew up together, went to the same schools, etc. We used to go to Bingo together and took quilting classes together and all sorts.  She and her husband lived in our driveway in their RV for a time when we lived in Meaford. It was so very lovely to hear from her.  We have plans to get together in the new year! (Covid allowing!) 

Had a lovely supper out with my father and sister last night. We went to Angie's which is just below town. I saw my 8th grade homeroom teacher. Miss Ross.  I had not seen her in years. I said hello as I always do when I see her. She always appreciates it and she has never forgotten me, nor have I forgotten her. She was always very kind to me.  Always. 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°Gratitude will shift you
to a higher frequency
and you will attract
much better things.
~Rhonda Byrne•。★★ 。* 。 



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Sweet & Salty Chocolate Chip Cookies.  A small batch recipe chock full of sweet and salty goodness! 

I hope you have a wonderful day filled with lots of the people and things that you love! Boo Black Friday!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too!  






14 comments:

  1. Lovely your SIL got in touch with you, Marie and that you ran into your 8th grade teacher. That really proves you're home again. Those cookies looked so good. I must remember to eat breakfast first before I look at your food blog. It makes me so hungry. No, haven't opened the chocolates yet because I know if I do they will be gone in no time. I'll wait until at least December. Have a good day. I plan on doing my cards today. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sorry about making you hungry Elaine! I make myself hungry sometimes as well! Sorry for late responses. I have no dedicated Computer place here, so I have to drag out my lap top whenever, and I have to set it up on the dining room table. If I don't do it first thing in the morning, it doesn't get done! I am glad you like the chocolates. Nothing really tangible I know, but just a thought. Next year I will be able to do better! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. I've not been motivated to make anything this year. One thing I've been doing is reading more than anything. You've shown lots of inspiration, and with today being Black Friday the Christmas season is about to start off with a bang. Still it's too scary to go out in a crowd so I imagine that the most I'll be doing is setting up my Advent wreath on the table with a Christmassy table cloth. This Sunday is the first week of Advent. 4 weeks now till Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely Pam! I have not done an Advent Wreath in years, it was something I did when the children were growing up. Next year I hope to be in my own place and can do a lot more! xoxo

      Delete
  3. So many re-acquaintances❣️❣️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie!

    Finally getting a handle on my computer whoes! Loved your Friday Finds, they always inspire me!

    How winderful to talk to and see people who you loved and appreciated invyour life, I love stories like that. It sounds like you are settling in nicely, and I'm so happy that you are able to spend valuable time with your father, what a blessing, for you and for him!

    We celebrated, Thanksgiving yesterday, so we are all fat and happy today! Just want you to know how grateful I am for you. Marie. I treasure your sweet friendship! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! I am looking forward to Thanksgiving next year. Hopefully in my own little place! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  5. Lovely to hear of your resumption of your former life in ways...and that people are reconnecting with you!! Sounds like you are keeping quite busy too!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slowly but surely Elizabeth. With time I will settle back into a routine I am sure! xoxo

      Delete
  6. I love that Barbie Doll, the outfit is so cute. All the food items looked yummy. I could use the 7 ways to get motivated; I'm way behind. I love the game board and all the crocheted and knitted projects. I need to try one. The reversible hat is adorable.
    Since I do journal, I liked the covered pocket journals.
    I enjoyed reading about your phone call with a past Sister in law; that is awesome. To bump into a teacher is the best.
    Blessings and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! I love the Barbie Doll also! I need to get me a Barbie to play with! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Marie, so glad to hear that you're settling in and everything is going well. That's not to say there won't be bumps along the way, but it is good to hear that you're chipper. Had a quiet Thanksgiving here. We're definitely complying with Covid restrictions, much as we don't like them. Onwards and upwards! Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raquel. Trust me, I have my non-chipper moments. Not a lot I can do about them. They come and they go. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!