Tuesday 24 November 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

  

 

FOR TODAY, November 24th, 2020 

Outside my window ...
Its dark but very cold. My sister said she saw some flakes of snow. Last night it was tipping down rain like nobody's business.  And very windy also!  

I am thinking ...
Yesterday PEI closed itself from the Alantic Bubble, which means nobody is going onto or leaving the Island. My son was right to come when he did.  Had he not, he might not have gotten over here in a long while.  It was very percecptive of him to  come when he did. He was afraid this might happen. 

I am thankful for ...
The power of prayer. The love of family. My faith in God.  The Saviour. I am blessed.

In the kitchen ... 
 
Sharing my Top Turkey Tips for cooking the best bird this year! 
 
On my "To Cook" list ... 
 
 
Inside the Rustic Kitchen. Chocolate Pannacotta. 
 
Good to know ... 


You can click on this to make it bigger!

I am wanting to create... 

 
No source. Just eye candy. 
 
 
Little Conkers on Ravelry.  Leaf Garland. 
 

Source.  Foreign language but great inspiration. 
 
 
Another cute thing without a source, really. Finished product. Foreign language, but great inspiration.

Country Chic Cottage.  Merry Christmas Banner with free printables! 
 
I am reading ... 

 
 
Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe, by Heather Webber

Nestled in the mountain shadows of Alabama lies the little town of Wicklow. It is here that Anna Kate has returned to bury her beloved Granny Zee, owner of the Blackbird Cafe. It was supposed to be a quick trip to close the cafe and settle her grandmother’s estate, but despite her best intentions to avoid forming ties or even getting to know her father’s side of the family, Anna Kate finds herself inexplicably drawn to the quirky Southern town her mother ran away from so many years ago, and the mysterious blackbird pie everybody can’t stop talking about. As the truth about her past slowly becomes clear, Anna Kate will need to decide if this lone blackbird will finally be able to take her broken wings and fly.

Just a bit of easy reading fluff for the moment. 

 Dreaming About ... 

 
Wooly Sweaters . . . 

 
Baking Cookies  . . . 

 
A White Christmas  . . . 

 
Currier and Ives  . . . 

 
Vintage linens  . . . 

Something to Watch ... 

 
Planes, Trains and Automobiles.  Love this film at this time of year  . . .  an oldie but a goodie. 
 
Makes me smile ... 

 
Jake just loves cauliflower. He eats it like watermelon.  Good for him! 
 
Corners of my kingdom ... 

(source
 
Seal Island Bridge. Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. 
 
A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
These mountains that
you are carrying . . .
You were only supposed to climb.
~Nadwa Zebian° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 
 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
      
  




























11 comments:

  1. Very perceptive of him!That was good..Your tree garland is hung here already:)have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have to crochet another one! Hope your day is a sweet one! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. We had snow on Sunday, I’m in Ontario, and now it is around 0 Celsius - wooly sweater weather for sure. Good timing by your son to visit when he did. Lots of parts of Ontario are locked down, luckily not us. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a very different Christmas foe everyone this year. That’s for sure! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. So thankful you got to see your brother, what a joy that had to have been after so many years not seeing him! Sorry you are shut down there, so far we are open but have a curfew of 10:00 each night. Everyone is advised to stay home after that. Hopeing it does some good, so we don['t totally get shut down again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never understand advice like that. I am not sure what the difference between before and after 10 o’clock means! But I expect they have their reasons! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love hearing about your new home and what you are up to. Just maybe you will get your wish for a white Christmas. Take care and let your mind and heart heal. ❤ ~Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was indeed timing just right for your son and grandson to come, but obviously for you too!! Glad it has all worked out so far!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, that Jake... what a character! He'll be keeping you busy and entertained no end. And so begins the beautiful N.S. corners of your kingdom posts.. the prized jewel province in Canada's crown without question. Such a magical place to call home and so happy you're back where you belong with your family <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so grateful that your son and grandson could come for a visit before the island was closed. Things are so crazy with Covid, I do hope it improves.
    I should have looked quicker for the top turkey tips. My husband did the turkey for yesterday. It was good, but he didn't think so at all. The chocolate dessert looks so yummy. I am a chocoholic.
    16 boring words and what to use instead; awesome! I love banners and the Christmas one is adorable.
    Your book looks intriguing. I love reading a Christmas story each year, I hope I can make that happen.
    I love the wool sweater and I want a white Christmas too.
    I forgot about that movie, so I put it on the list.
    I love that your Jake love Cauliflower such a cute photo.
    Wow, a new kingdom of photos.
    Blessings and hugs for you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!