Monday 16 November 2020

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

  

 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  
 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.   

 

 
At the risk of repeating myself, this just never gets old.  Twice a day, most days except for the ones i which she works in the morning. This cheerful face makes it hard for anyone to feel sad about anything.  Love this girl to pieces.  I hope that she knows how much she means to me! 
 
 
Happy Birthday to the most wonderfully energetic, beautiful boy!  Jake turns 10 today!  He is a delight. Everytime I facetime with Doug, Jake is there.  He aways wants to talk to me and spend time with me, even if it is just through a computer screen. He is always smiling and he always makes me smile. Oh, I know that he must have his difficult moments, but he never shows them to me and I'm a grandmother. We all think our grandchildren are perfect. They are the delight of our old age!  Can't wait to spend some real time with mine! 
 
 
This is my father as a youg airman. I reckon he may have been 19 or maybe 20.  I am so very blessed to be able to spend time with and see him again in his lifetime. I never thought that I ever would. I had resigned myself to that fact, but God had other plans. We have been talking each evening before we go to bed.  He is a very spiritual man a praying man.  I have so many fond memories of going to church with him when I was a child and he gave me my first bible when I was four years old for Easter.  

 
This is me all ready for Sunday School and holding it in my grandparents driveway in Lawrencetown on Easter morning. I kept that bible all of my life. 
 
 
I carried it down the aisle with me when I got married the first time 15 years later. My father has aways been with me, and now I am blessed to be able to be close to him in his last years of life. God is good.

 
A sister who drops me off a pumpkin spice herbal tea first thing in the morning. She really surprised me. She was on her way to drop off her husband as he was going out of town to work today and she picked me up a tea at Timmies!  She is so thoughtful. She thinks of the little things. Flowers in my room to greet me along with the necessities and a few treats, and now a pumpkin spice herbal tea.  How did I get so blessed?  Again, God is good. He has always surrounded me with good people to over more than make up for the bad. 
 
I have never had Pumpkin Spice anything.
This is a first for me!  

 
 
Pumpkin Spice.  Its a small and wonderful thing!  I can see why people like it so much!! 
 
 
The many, many kindnesses of others. Every day since my present nightmare began, I have been surrounded by angels on earth, showering me with acts of kindness.  I am not sure if I deserve them, but I am so grateful for them in every way.  I am incredibly blessed. I have been showered with a multitude of prayers covering every aspect of my life. I had my ticked paid for.  I had my suitcases bought. I had my house emptied.  I've had my groceries paid for and a bazillion other things.  People have been so very, very, very kind. I can never repay them.  Never in a million years. I can only pass it forward, and given the chance, I will be certain to.  Again, God is so very, very good. He may not take away the trial but He knows how to help you through it and He has been doing just that.

I am so grateful for a heart that sees. 

 

 My oldest son shared his Disney Channel details with me.  I have been able to while away some time watching all of my old favourites. I love it!  See, yet another kindness.  

 



 Lessons learned.  They may be difficult and painful, but the experiences in life are there to teach us and to help us grow.  Sometimes you feel like shouting at the heavens "Haven't I grown enough already!!"  But still they come.  I guess by the time we are fully grown we are ready to really go home.  Not quite ready for that yet, so I will take the lessons. Keep them coming. 

 

 
Only five more days to go, four more sleeps and I'm springing this joint!  So far so good. No temperatures, no ill effects other than tiredness.  Fingers crossed that continues.  Again, God is good.

My life, despite the many and often painful lows is filled with joy in abundance. Its in the pure and simple things.  Love and kindnesses from others, acts of selflessness.  Peace from knowing you have made a wise choice.  In feeling my Heavenly Father's constant presence, guiding, teaching, showing. I am so grateful for everything.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Wash the plate.
Not because it is dirty,
nor because you were told
to wash it. Wash it because you love
the person who will use it next.
~Mother Theresa•。★★ 。* 。 
 
 
There is another Quarantine Cooking recipe in The English Kitchen today.  This time it is a Ham & Broccoli Casserole. I also give my last hints and tips for Quarantine Motel Room Cookery.


And I wish for you a week filled with many Small and Wonderful Things.  Along the way don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

and I do too!      
 









 
















 



19 comments:

  1. I believe this pandemic has made us all appreciate the small things so much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the small things in life which count the most! You are so right! We do appreciate things more. A silver lining of the pandemic for sure! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I hear a spring in your step!!:):)
    That daughter..♥That sister♥That grandson♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just call me incredibly blessed Monique! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Only 4 days to go is not much at all. My goodness you do have a wonderful family to love and support you! Can't go wrong with that for sure !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very blessed Pam! I have missed a lot! xoxo

      Delete
  4. It’s soooo very wonderful to hear the joy in your words!! Just a few more days, then.....HUGS! xoxo, V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah what lovely folks you have, Marie!! That is a huge blessing!! How lovely that soon you will be with them all the time!!
    HUGS, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a delight—I look forward to reading everything you post—either here or on Instagram. I am not online every day, but when I am, I always look for you--you are my silver lining!

    (((((100 virtual hugs))))))
    Teri
    Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are someone's silver lining, Marie. That must have made you very happy. Your family is your greatest joy. Soon you will be able to see everyone. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine. I really have missed a lot being so far away. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  8. Lovely musings today Marie...always enjoy the throwback photos and stories when you take us for a stroll down memory lane. And dear shining Eileen popping in again to brighten the day : )

    That reaching kittie pic lol... you somehow always find THE perfect picture to illustrate your thoughts <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely musings today Marie...always enjoy the throwback photos and stories when you take us for a stroll down memory lane. Happy Birthday Luke, I bet next year's cake will be something super special baked by both. And dear shining Eileen popping in again to brighten the day : )

    That reaching kittie pic lol... you somehow always find THE perfect picture to illustrate your thoughts <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jen! Sometimes I just get lucky with finding the right photos! xoxo

      Delete
  10. Lovely musings today Marie...always enjoy the throwback photos and stories when you take us for a stroll down memory lane. Happy Birthday Luke, I bet next year's cake will be something super special baked by both. And dear shining Eileen popping in again to brighten the day : )

    That reaching kittie pic lol... you somehow always find THE perfect picture to illustrate your thoughts <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful bride you were, and I love that quote by Mother Theresa.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!