Thursday 1 August 2024

This and that . . .


 

How can it be that we are already in the month of August.  It hardly seems possible, and yet, here we are.  I thought I saw some leaf change yesterday on the way home from supper out. Dad treated us, which was nice. He did not seem himself last night. He was very quiet.  I know he struggles with his hearing a lot. He has the most expensive hearing aids that you can get, but he still cannot hear very well.   He is completely moved out of his place now. It is empty and the cleaner has been and gone. The keys have been handed over. The Landlord is still charging him rent for August as he doesn't have a new tenant coming in until September and he is going to do any painting and repairs in August.  Somehow that doesn't seem quite right to me, but who am I to question why . . . 



 I was very cheeky last night and had the Fish and Chips.  So did Cindy. It is usually quite reliable. That is the one thing that they seem to do in this particular restaurant consistently well.  The restaurant is always very busy, so I am sure they do a lot of things well, and perhaps we are just very picky.  

One funny thing that happened last night. There is this older gentlemen that goes every Wednesday night as well. He used to come with an older woman, perhaps his mother or maybe his wife, but we have not seen her in a very long time now. He is always on his own.  He had come in and they had brought him his milkshake.  He left the table to go to the loo I am assuming and an overzealous busser came and took his milkshake away.  It was gone when he got back. He came back, looked at his table and over at us and seemed very flummoxed. The situation was quickly rectified thankfully, but it did make me smile. Poor guy.  He soon was enjoying his hamburger as well.

Cindy, dad and I split a piece of cake for dessert.  I cannot remember what it was called, but it had a chocolate layer on the bottom, a layer of caramel in the middle, a vanilla layer on top and some sort of frosting with a kind of glaze over it. We could taste coffee, but none of us could figure out where it was coming from. It was a great mystery. It was quite good actually.

I am not an icing person.  I usually scrape it all off and eat only the cake. Cake I love.  Icing not so much.


 

I did work on a video for most of yesterday morning.  I did a small batch of scones. I somehow got it into three parts and then on the main one, I managed to film myself cleaning up everything in between the prepping and the presentation of the finished product.  What am I like!

Anyways, all I have to do is to figure out how to get rid of the cleaning up bits and how to splice the three together.  I know it sounds like an easy enough thing to do, but trust me when I tell you it is not.

And of course I have  no idea of what I am doing which is pretty evident in the video as well.  But I am trying so I guess that is what really counts!  I have nowhere to go but up!


 

I find myself feeling more than a little bit angry with Todd of late.  For what happened and the situation I have found myself in at the age of almost 69.  It really doesn't do much good to be angry with him, so it is somewhat of a misplaced emotion. Admittedly he is not in an ideal situation himself. I cannot imagine that being in Prison at his age is very nice.  However, his behavior wiped away any security that I might have had in my old age, and for that I suppose I am angry. I am praying hard to get rid of the anger as it does me no good and steals my sunshine.


 

We are supposed to go up to New Minas today. We are bringing dad as well as a push chair for him. That way we can wheel him through the shops with us. He likes to have a look as well. It is no fun sitting in the car while everyone else moves about.  Its raining however and I can't help but wonder if maybe tomorrow might be a better day. He needs also to go to the bank as he has been unable to access his account online. Cindy tried to help him last night but they couldn't figure it out.

And of course my EK blog is still not working. I am trying really hard to remain positive and hopeful.  People are working on it. I cannot ask for more than that. When technology is working for you, its just great but when it messes up  . . .  boy oh boy . . .  it is very frustrating to say the least, especially if you are technologically challenged, which I am.

In the meantime Cindy's getting all sorts of junk calls ever since Dad's changed his phone number on his services to hers.  Its crazy. She got one the day before yesterday when I was there.  One time she just started crying into the phone, boo hoo what am I going to do, lol  They hung up. 

There is an abundance of miscreants out there today that only want to take advantage of vulnerable people, and are usually quite successful in doing so. Its despicable really.

I am going to leave you with a thought for today now.  I don't really have a lot else to say!  Hopefully things will be back to normal soon!

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°Everyone has been 
made for a particular work,
and the desire for that work 
has been put in every heart.
~Rumi  
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


I hope you each have a beautiful day filled with light and with love. I really do appreciate each and every one of you.  Be blessed. Don't forget!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   





11 comments:

  1. He was the worst Marie.I am still angry.You have every right to be totally resentful.You've come out the other side victorious.Thank God for your faith:). No pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know where I would be without my faith, truly. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Making videos is a hard thing, so practice makes perfect. Too bad about all the scam calls that Cindy is getting, hopefully they will ease up. Keep contacting the people about your EK site, hopefully it will be sorted out soon. It is still hot and humid, not great for spending much time outside. Yes, time flies by so quickly. Hope you get out today, if you do I know you will have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very hot and humid here yesterday and is supposed to be worse today Linda. We need a good thunderstorm to clear the air. I did get out yesterday with Cindy and Dad. It was a good break! We are still on the case with the EK! xoxo

      Delete
  3. We have 2 phones via internet for house phones. Both we have had to make where only outgoing calls work. On one we can list 30 numbers with the internet provider and those calls will come through but all others will ring once only and be cut off. Isn't it terrible what we have had to do to have a bit of peace? Our kids and usual callers use our cell phones. If your sister has her house phone via an internet provider, she should be able to do the same. But it is a nasty world where only the criminals have much rights. My daughter let me know that the bully who has made our granddaughter's life awful at school the past 2 years, as well as other kids too...a couple he threatened to kill even. But the school says there is no problem, from their investigation. And this country (USA) just can't figure out where all these school shooters etc come from...of course, why might they nip a problem in the bud? Beyond belief...you have every right to be sad and angry over what has been done to you and your current ongoing struggle. We need to teach our kids that there is no shame in having a marriage annulled...whenever a lie is discovered, it is time to make tracks out of the relationship. We too were taught to basically never give up. But when 1 lies, that breaks any covenant or agreement actually. Rough world, Marie...Hang in there!!
    HUGS, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a special phone in the UK that did the same thing. It was called Call Guardian. Nobody got through that wasn't on our list of accepted callers and anyone else had to leave a message. The spammers always hung up. Thanks always for your support Elizabeth! Hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. A thought - could you offer prints of your charming artwork for sale? Locally? Or one etsy or some others site? I was thinking of the wonderful book illustration that your showed recently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Now i see that someone already made the artwork suggestion yesterday! Sorry! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do just that Marceline, but sadly lack the equipment here to do that. Maybe if I can get my income rolling back in then I could look into that! Never be sorry about any comment! You were caring! xoxo

      Delete
  6. It is 3:30 Ontario time, I just tried your EK site and it is showing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is showing on blogger now. Just need to hook it back up to the domain, which is a bit more difficult but I have my fingers crossed! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!