Thursday 22 August 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 


These are some of the things in life that I enjoy and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Lets share! 



 


I just love cups and saucers.  My mother always said that I could have hers. She had given them to me once, but when my second marriage broke up she took them from the house so that he wouldn't have them. They are at my sister's now.


 


Rings.  I have always loved rings . . . 


 

The smell of an apple orchard in the autumn  . . . 


 


A pretty tea set  . . .  that table cloth.  The table and chairs, the sideboard.  All lovely.


 


Beautiful stemware  . . .  my boss in the U.K. had gorgeous sets of stemware.  Even Waterford crystal. Her champagne flutes were beautiful. I have no need for any of it, but that doesn't stop me from admiring it.


 



Forget Me Nots.  The smallest of the garden flowers. I love them most of all  . . . 




 


Morning Doves  . . .  love is in the air . . . 


 

Golden August sunsets . . . 


 


Rudbeckia  . . .  brown-eyed Susan's.  Such a pretty flower and so cheerful.


 

Friends  . . .  


 

The smell of freshly brewed coffee . . . I may not drink it, but I love the smell . . . 



 

Mason jars in frilly caps  . . . 


 


The sight of wood, cut, split, stacked and ready for the Winter  . . . I used to love it when we got our load of wood in for the Winter.  My husband would rent a splitter and he and the kids would split it and stack it all, ready to go  . . . 


 


I love a red door  . . .  when we built our house in New Brunswick, I painted our doors red. To me, a red door says welcome!



 


Such a pretty cushion and that quilt in behind, gorgeous . . . 



 


Can you not smell the ozone in the air?  Scotland . . .


 



This  . . .  


 

Bluebirds  . . .  I have never seen one in real life.



 


This  . . . . 

 

A proper Victoria Sponge Cake . . .  I have not made one in a while.  I love them so much.


And those are my favorite things for this week.  I hope that some of them were also some of yours!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°God didn't design us to be sad.
He created us to have joy!
Dieter F Uchtdorf° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •



Persian Tomato Rice



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Persian Tomato Rice.  This is a simple dish with rice, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, garlic, turmeric, some seasoning and water.  Simple ingredients, put together in the most delicious way!


I hope that you have a beautiful Thursday!  I have the recall puff test at the eye doctors this afternoon.  I hope that I pass it! Whatever you get up to today, do be happy, be blessed, stay safe and don't forget!


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   


5 comments:

  1. Hope the recall eye test goes well this time. I have one set of 6 Waterford crystal glasses I got as a gift many years ago, hardly use them now., I also have lots of cornflower glass sets I inherited from my mom, again, hardly use them and I don't think there is much value except sentimental to them. It is nice and clear today, looks like a good day to get some work done outside. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I am hoping it goes well also. I have no stemware now, but I don't really need any! I seldom have occasion to have people over and when I do it is only family. Enjoy your day also! Beautifully sunny here! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Have a nice day and a good doctor visit. Love that stemware, I use my ‘not expensive stemware’ for family and holidays. I used to be afraid to use it as it may break…but I decided, why have if it not to use? …so if it goes, it goes! Ha! My girls will have to get their own!
    Happy day you. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your eye test goes well today, Marie!! Our youngest even at age 10 or so and from then on, has always had higher numbers on those puff tests than is normal. After many tests, the doctors decided it was just her and she was ok. My Hubby's are some higher at this age too...and it seems ok. So hope that is the case with you. It is lovely that we can admire things and not have to own them isn't lt?
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are called mourning doves because I suspect their cooing sounds mournful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!