Thursday 15 August 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 



These are some of the things in life that I enjoy and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Lets share! 


 

I love, Love, LOVE cinnamon rolls.  But, I have to say my favorites are the way my mom made them, with biscuit dough.  I used to make them for my children every so often for a snack before bed. It is easy to do when you are using biscuit dough. There is no having to wait for them to rise,etc.  Just make, roll, cut and bake.


 


Lace curtains. I had some beautiful ones that I had gotten during  my first marriage. I bought them at Eaton's Department store and they were not cheap. Austrian lace.  They lasted me for yonks. They were on my living room windows in the U.K.  Sadly I had to leave them behind when I came back to Canada.  I wished that I could bring them, but they were heavy.


 

Piano music.  Especially Paul Cardall.  I could listen to it for hours and hours.


 

Fresh pears  . . .  I love fresh pears.  


 

White linens  . . .  love them.  any kind. Towels, bedding, etc.


 

Clay jugs  . . . 


 

Dandelions  . . .  so many wishes  . . . .


 


This. I love everything about this. The stone floor, the white cupboards, the sink, the dishes, cabinets, etc. Very European.


 

Ice cream  . . .  waffle cones  . . .  transferware  . . . 


 

Apple Orchards  . . . 


 

Fig Newtons  . . .  figs  . . . 


 

That floor  . . .  so beautiful  . . . 


 

The promises in Isaiah . . . 


 

Its a gang  . . .  they have such determined looks on their faces  . . . 


 

Hummingbirds  . . . they are one of the joys of summer  . . . 


 

Snowmen  . . .  they are one of the joys of Winter  . . . 


 

Fresh donuts  . . . the old fashioned kind, coated with lots of sugar  . . . 


 

Garden gates  . . . . this is a pretty one  . . .  love the walkway as well  . . . 


 

So sweet  . . . 


 

Picnic baskets  . . . 


 

Windmills  . . . 


 

Fresh bread  . . . . 


 

Each one of you. I believe I have the best readers in the world. We feel like a big family. Kindred spirits.  Love you all.


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°Life is the first gift,
Love is the second,
and understanding the third.
~Marge Piercy  
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 

rustic apple tarts 


In The Kitchen today  . . .  Rustic Apple Tarts, the small batch. Not too sweet, with a scrumptious streusel topping. 

I wish for you a beautiful day, filled with lots of your favorite people and your favorite things. Whatever you get up to, stay safe and don't ever forget!


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   



8 comments:

  1. Love that gang of kitties, so adorable. Fig newtons are my hubby's favourite Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He would probably like my fig bars I am thinking! I loved the gang of kitties too. They look purposeful! xoxo

      Delete
  2. You favorites are my favorites too….dandylions! Who doesn’t love a wish? Have a lovely day. Best, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so muchV! I hope you are having a beautiful weekend! xoxo

      Delete
  3. oh my the apple tarts!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, so now I have a craving for strawberry ice cream, thanks to your beautiful image 💖 - Madelyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really taste tempting I agree Madelyne! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!