Tuesday 27 August 2024

A Day Book . . .

 


FOR TODAY,  August 27th, 2024


OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...



I captured this little moth just sitting there yesterday.  I thought it was quite interesting.  My phone camera is so amazing. I would never have been able to capture a photo like that with my old camera.  I found this quite fascinating. And it was literally just the other side of my living room window.


It is another really foggy morning again this morning, but a mostly sunny day is predicted, with a bit of a cooling trend, which is not unwelcome. I like cooler.




I AM THINKING ...

There is a person who periodically leaves comments on the blog that is  outrageously ridiculous.  All they do is write DIE about fifty times.  That's it.  Just that word over and over again.  I am not sure what the motivation is, or what they hope to gain from it.  And of course it is all done under the cloak of anonymity because they are such a brave person that they can't stand behind their sentiments like a person who is proud of their actions. One has to wonder what is wrong with a person  like that.  I believe they are mentally ill.  Only someone who is mentally ill would behave in such a way.  Please pray for them.  They are in need of help.



I AM ALSO THINKING ...

This photo reminded me of a talk by Elder Jeffrey R Holland from a number of years back. It was entitled Songs Sung and Unsung.  It is one of my favorite talks that he has given. It is all about the realities we face in a fallen world and how some days it can be very hard to find a song to sing. How sometimes life can rob us of the song we want to sing, and how to cope with that situation.  I love that talk. Who has not been there. Sad, sorrowful days come to each of us. 

"Remember it is by divine design that not all the voices in God’s choir are the same. It takes variety—sopranos and altos, baritones and basses—to make rich music. To borrow a line quoted in the cheery correspondence of two remarkable Latter-day Saint women, “All God’s critters got a place in the choir.”

There is room for each of us in the choir, even when the song we have to sing is sung under the most difficult of circumstances. He, hears us all and loves to hear our voices raised unto Him, even if our song is naught more than an unspoken prayer for deliverance.


Lunch Lady Brownies

IN THE KITCHEN ...

Today it is a small batch of Lunch Lady Brownies. I have always wanted to try that recipe. I have a weakness for Brownies.  These are very good.  I can see now why they are so popular.  The recipe makes only an 8-inch square pan, which is plenty.



ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...

Diethood.  Skillet Zucchini and Mushrooms.  This looks really good.  I love both of those things and this looks really delicious. What a wonderful side!




LOOKING FORWARD TO ...

Autumn days.  They are just around the corner.  Autumn is my favorite season of the year, and I love Octobers most of all.   

Also Eileen is coming to stay overnight with me on Thursday as Tim is going camping, so I am looking forward to that as well. It will be fun.


 

REMEMBERING ...

When we lived on the farm in Meaford.  There was a farm across the road that grew fields of sunflowers. They were so pretty.  I took a photograph of my daughter Amanda and her friends in them. I don't know what ever happened to that photograph. Anyways, this time of year it was a field filled with beautiful sunny colors and delight! 



SOMETHING NICE ...

I had a facetime first thing this morning with my oldest son. It is always good to speak with my two sons who live away from here.  He is thinking they will come over for Thanksgiving, so that is indeed something to look forward to.




I KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE ...

I feel a sense of truth here.  We are part of an eternal round.


I AM WANTING TO CREATE ...




I love these fabric characters of Calico and Stitch. 



Pretty Fabric and Trims. Block of the month club.  Love this idea. Beyond my affordability.



A Button Sampler. 



Elefantz on Etsy.  Love this.



Love these primitives . . .  wish my eyes still allowed me to do such fine work.





 


OH MY GOODNESS ...

Such cute ricrac!


 


LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ...

Such pretty red hair.




MAKES ME HAPPY ...

This sweet family photo of my son Doug and his family. They have been having a great summer filled with lots of fun activities for the boys. No comments about the long hair. They like their hair and are not confused in the least about who they are.





I AM READING ...


BORROWED LIGHT, by Carla Kelly

Our heroine, Julia Darling, is a 27 year old cooking school graduate, who breaks her engagement to the "perfect" man, and leaves Salt Lake City to work as a ranch cook in the wilds of Wyoming. The man who hires her, Paul Otto, is a well-known and highly respected rancher with a somewhat enigmatic past, who has built his life around the idea (from a scripture that he can't identify) that we are all beggars in one way or another. Accordingly, he has collected a motley assortment of ranch hands, including an orphaned child, an alcoholic doctor, and a young Irish drifter. 


 This book is somewhat different from Ms. Kelly's usual work; it's more like an Inspirational romance with an LDS (as opposed to evangelical) flavor. For those not familiar with the genre, these are romances written from a Christian perspective. The faith element is considered central to the story, and to the personal growth of characters.

I loved this book the first, second and third time I read it. Yes, I am reading it for a fourth time. I have read the whole series, which consists of three novels. All very good. Clean. Inspiring. Entertaining.  I highly recommend.


THINGS I LOVE ...


 

Red and white  . . . 


 


Pretty, pretty, pretty  . . . 


 

Pom Pom Flowers . . . 


 


A comfy chair and ottoman  . . . 


 

Shortbread cookies  . . .  so sweet cut out like teapots.




MAKES ME SMILE ...

Those toe hairs peeking out from between the toe beans  . . . 






SOMETHING TO WATCH ...

The American on Prime. Very good.



A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...



° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Sometimes the only means
of transportation° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
is a leap of faith.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 


And that is my daybook for this week!  Thanks always for being here!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•
*¨`*•. ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

11 comments:

  1. I cannot stand those that post anonymous, if you can't put your name then don't put anything. I do not have that setting on my websites for that reason. It is a foggy start to the day, but you can tell the sun is going to come out and it will get hot and humid. Our grandson has long hair,he likes it and that is what is important, seems it is a thing for kids these days. Whatever some commenters might think it is only their opinion and they aren't the person with the long hair. I think it shows their old fashioned thinking. My opinion. Love those embroidery and button ideas. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It take such courage to be mean under the cloak of anonymity eh! It doesn't bother me really. This type of thing says much more about them than it does me! Fortunately these type of people are far and few between! I hope you also have a beautiful day Linda! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I wonder if you can still block those who post anonymously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. I am loathe to forbid anonymous comments as I have some very dear friends who only post anonymously, but they do put their name to the ends of their comments. I appreciate them. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oy those words..How mean.

    I know some people seem to only post anonymously and I know them..all nice so I would not block..LOL good on you no comments on the hair.It's luxurious and healthy! I hate comments about that.Mama bear comes out right?Nana bear.Someone wrote on my blog about climate change..one comment.We write blog posts..add photos.. etc..and I got climate change.Save it.LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my grandbaby's and I think they are handsome, long hair, short hair, etc. That's me, a grandmother to the core! I think we live in a toxic world and so we just need to learn to ignore the toxicity as best as we can and to dwell on the people who we love and who bring light into our lives. That's my story anyways, and I'm sticking to it! lol Climate change, lol Some people just have to sound off eh! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Well, your "mental" commenter does not know it seems, that NO ONE dies until GOD says so...it is not only a waste of time and energy to do so...it shows a mind that is not creative either. What a shame...so many creative ways to spend a day...and here we are due to health and other issues, not able to find enough time to do such...and we see someone wasting their time!! Your friends who wish to be anonymous here, could just email you what they wish to say, you know...then you could block those who do as this nut did.
    Take care...
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie, please do report comments like that if it's possible to do so, and perhaps try to find the source. There are a lot of unstable people out there. We all want you safe in body, heart and mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky, if it were possible I would block and report, but there doesn't seem to be an option to do that with anonymous comments. I just have to ignore the quacks! You are so kind and I appreciate that! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Hi Marie, lovely post…except or that icky person who is not right in the head. The brownies look scrumptious, your family is adorable, thanks for a nice visit. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they may be slightly unhinged V. That's okay, the majority of my readers are perfectly normal and nice! Thank you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!