Tuesday 20 August 2024

A Day Book . . .

 


FOR TODAY, August 20th, 2024


OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...



Hello.  Its garbage day, and its been raining. Scattered shower are expected off and on all day. It is usually rainy or snowy on garbage day.  I am not sure why. But that always seems to be the case.  Or, I suppose you could say that it rains or snows on Tuesdays more than any other day of the week!  Both work! haha


I AM THINKING ...

As of yesterday I had earned enough to pay for my rent in November, so that is a relief.  I can remember when I first started thinking I would be happy just to be able to earn enough to pay my rent and utilities. I have done that and God willing I will earn enough during the next 10 days or so to pay my utilities.  God is good and faithful.  I saw this quote yesterday which read, "God isn't asking you to figure it out. He's asking you to trust that He already has." I loved that.  I popped it into my journal along with all of the other inspirational bits.


Homemade Crumpets


I AM ALSO THINKING ...

I did another video yesterday. I thought it would be fun to make Crumpets.  I had a lot of fun doing it. I think that is the key, to just have fun doing it.  Oh boy, what I time I had however. Everything that could go wrong did.  The crumpets stuck to the rings, etc.  I just had to laugh.  Go figure.  However, I did have something edible at the end if not pretty!  I ended up using the dough/batter that I had leftover (because of course I did two batches, one to illustrate how to do the batter and another one I had made earlier to use to cook them.) I used it to make a batter bread and poured it into a casserole dish and let it rise and then baked it in the oven. It actually turned out lovely.  I have seen other crumpet recipes where they also use soda in them along with the yeast. I did not use soda.  Maybe next time I make them I will try using some soda as well.


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookies

IN THE KITCHEN ...

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookies.  This recipe makes 16 gorgeously delicious oatmeal cookies with crisp edges and chewy middles.  Very nice.




ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...

This Italian inspired creamy white bean soup from An Edible Mosaic looks really good. I could eat a bowl of soup for my dinner any time.  Especially if it looks as delicious as this one. I am particularly fond of bean soups.





LOOKING FORWARD TO ...

There is another paint night tonight in town at the fire hall.  Cindy and I are going and I am looking forward to it. I wonder what the project will be this time. I think we are bringing out own brushes this time around. In any case, it will be fun to do this together!


 

REMEMBERING ...

 How good it would smell when we came home from school and my mother had made fresh bread. She used to make double loaves, two balls of dough put together in the bread pan prior to baking.  Tall and fluffy. It smelled so good and our mouth's would be watering at the thought of being able to enjoy some later on. I loved the "heel," that crusty bit at either end of the loaf, but I also loved the "fluff," which was those parts in the middle where both balls of dough joined up with each other.  I remember being able to smell the bread outside, before we even went into the house. Always a good day  . . . 




I KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE ...

I have been blessed to have some very good friends in my life. Although I have moved a lot, I have been very blessed to have been able to make some very good friends wherever I have lived, many of whom I am in touch with right up to today.  Of course my best friend has always been my sister.  I feel so grateful to be once again living very close to her. We had  not lived in the same area since she left here to go and live in Ontario when she was 18 or so. So being able to live this close to each other now is a real blessing!


I AM WANTING TO CREATE ...



Teddy Bassern.  Cute hand crocheted lambs. So sweet.



Ten minute cushion covers.



Wildish Acres.  How to make a pillowcase with an inner flap.  Housewives pillowcases. I love them.





Craftberry Bush.  How to make your own Gingerbread House Mugs. cute!



Thistle Key Lane.  Felt  Woodland Animal Ornaments. 




Martha Stewart. How to make a winter village house.




OH  MY GOODNESS ...

Baby chicks.  I think God made baby everything cute on purpose. That way we would want to naturally take care of them. Just my theory.


 

SWEET ...

I wonder what they are talking about. 






I AM READING ...


BORROWED LIGHT, by Carla Kelly

Our heroine, Julia Darling, is a 27 year old cooking school graduate, who breaks her engagement to the "perfect" man, and leaves Salt Lake City to work as a ranch cook in the wilds of Wyoming. The man who hires her, Paul Otto, is a well-known and highly respected rancher with a somewhat enigmatic past, who has built his life around the idea (from a scripture that he can't identify) that we are all beggars in one way or another. Accordingly, he has collected a motley assortment of ranch hands, including an orphaned child, an alcoholic doctor, and a young Irish drifter. 


 This book is somewhat different from Ms. Kelly's usual work; it's more like an Inspirational romance with an LDS (as opposed to evangelical) flavor. For those not familiar with the genre, these are romances written from a Christian perspective. The faith element is considered central to the story, and to the personal growth of characters.

I loved this book the first, second and third time I read it. Yes, I am reading it for a fourth time. I have read the whole series, which consists of three novels. All very good. Clean. Inspiring. Entertaining.  I highly recommend.


THINGS I LOVE ...

 

Tea balls  . . . 


 

Joy   . . .


 

Autumn colors  . . .  it will be upon us soon  . . . 


 

Scrappy quilts  . . . 

 

Lasagna roll ups  . . . 

 


Wind in the Willows  . . . 

MAKES ME SMILE ...



So content  . . .  Nutmeg  . . . 

SOMETHING TO WATCH ...



Return to Sender on Prime.  I enjoyed this.  Rosamund Pike is very good in it.


A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Knowing we are all children of God
gives us a divine vision of the
worth of others.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Dallin H Oakes° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •

And that is my daybook for this week!  Thanks always for being here!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•
*¨`*•. ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

6 comments:

  1. I love show recommendations) TY..And please add a link to your videos..:) I am a messy cook..you are very organized for your vids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep forgetting to do that! I really must! Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed your video about making crumpets, much prefer natural showing how it really is than perfection. Great you are back on track for earning from your EK site, some folks just don't understand having a site that pays money. We had rain on and off yesterday, and it really cooled down overnight, I've got my sweater on today. Those 'ber months are coming. Enjoy today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am keeping it real! It is a bit humid here today. I will be glad when the humidity goes away for good! I hope you are having a good day also! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Have not yet had time to watch all of your crumpet video...but I will yet. That cup of soup looks very inviting indeed!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crocheted lambs are adorable.
    Loved "God isn't asking you to figure it out. He's asking you to trust that He already has."

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!