Tuesday 13 August 2024

A Day Book . . .

 



FOR TODAY, August 13th, 2024



OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...

A great aerial battle is raging.  And so early in the day. I managed to capture a few photos of it.  There were about 4 of them at one point. I do so enjoy the hummingbirds that visit my feeder and what a wonderful way to begin my day! It is going to be warm and humid today, but at this point it is quite tolerable!


I AM THINKING ...

About the goodness of God.  I had been worrying about the tax installments I need to be able to pay in December, and my loss of income. I had the one for September covered, but I was a bit concerned about the one in December.  The income I make for this month and next will be paid to me in November and December. I was more than a bit concerned as I also have rent, etc. to pay.  Yesterday when I checked my post, there was an unexpected tax refund on my Nova Scotia Tax and it almost covers the full amount I will have to pay out in taxes December. Talk about the goodness of God. He has me covered! How could I ever doubt!  God is good!



I AM ALSO THINKING ...

I am grateful for my humble and quiet little life. Oh sure, there is drama, but whose life does not hold a bit of drama every now and then? Every night I lay in bed and I thank God for all of the goodness I have experienced in my days, and I can promise you that even on my worst days there are scraps of goodness to be found. 


One Pot Ham & Penne Skillet


IN THE KITCHEN ...

One Pot Ham & Penne Skillet. This easy skillet supper makes a delicious supper for three people. It is quick and simple to make. Everything cooks in the one skillet, even the pasta and it is loaded with bags of flavor. Ham, peas, penne in a rich and delicious sauce, sprinkled with some Parmesan at the end.  



ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...

From Home Base, Dirty Rice with Ground Beef. This looks really delicious!  And economical. 






REMEMBERING ...

This beautiful lemon cake that my sister made for me on my birthday last year. How blessed I am to have such a lovely sister as I have in my life.  She is not only my sister, but my best friend. I  love her so much.  I can remember watching my mother with her sisters through the years and how close they were and how happy they made each other. I know the same feeling and what a blessing it is to have this close companionship that I enjoy with my dear sweet Cindy. She is a super special person and I am not saying that just because she is my sister. Anyone who is fortunate enough to have her in their lives is indeed VERY fortunate. She is one of a kind.



I KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE ...

Yes, there are real blessings in store for each of us.  Its all a matter of perception, I suppose, but I believe that if you greet each day, month, year with joy and wonder, you will find it.


I AM WANTING TO CREATE ...


mmmCrafts.  Sweet mice in teacups. Not free, but not overly expensive either.



No source, but so cute  . . . 




And Other Silly Things.  Not a pattern, but inspo only. I love bluebirds.



Again no source . . . 





Again no source, but two things I love. Tiny dolls and match boxes.


 

Cinnamon



Nutmeg 


OH MY GOODNESS ...

Cinnamon was making biscuits on the back of the sofa last night while Nutmeg slept all cozy and comfortable on the easy boy.  I had a bit of an issue with him last night. Sometimes he can get really aggressive with Cinnamon.  He was jumping on her and she was hissing/spitting/growling so I told him to get off and tried to shew him away and he did go to run away but before he did, he jumped at my leg and scratched me. I was not that close to them, so he really did have to run at me. And he was not happy at all with me chasing him away from her. I do not know what to think about that, or what I could do differently.




SWEET ...

Sara Middas In and Out of the Garden. A delightful book.





I AM READING ...

BORROWED LIGHT, by Carla Kelly

Our heroine, Julia Darling, is a 27 year old cooking school graduate, who breaks her engagement to the "perfect" man, and leaves Salt Lake City to work as a ranch cook in the wilds of Wyoming. The man who hires her, Paul Otto, is a well-known and highly respected rancher with a somewhat enigmatic past, who has built his life around the idea (from a scripture that he can't identify) that we are all beggars in one way or another. Accordingly, he has collected a motley assortment of ranch hands, including an orphaned child, an alcoholic doctor, and a young Irish drifter. 

 This book is somewhat different from Ms. Kelly's usual work; it's more like an Inspirational romance with an LDS (as opposed to evangelical) flavor. For those not familiar with the genre, these are romances written from a Christian perspective. The faith element is considered central to the story, and to the personal growth of characters.

I loved this book the first, second and third time I read it. Yes, I am reading it for a fourth time. I have read the whole series, which consists of three novels. All very good. Clean. Inspiring. Entertaining.  I highly recommend.


THINGS I LOVE ... 


 

Sunflowers  . . .  


 


Country bedrooms. This one very much reminds me of the one I had when I was boarding in Mrs. Boate's boarding house back in the mid 1970's just before I got married.


 

Pretty dresses  . . .  I wish I had a waistline . . .  lol


 


Front porches  . . .  I got one of those! 👍


 


Summer Tomatoes  . . . 

 

Vintage table cloths  . . . 


MAKE ME SMILE ...

 


The idea of having a work room with a view  . . . 

SOMETHING TO WATCH ...





Luckiest Girl Alive, on Netflix. Started watching this last night. Am about half way through.


A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°A life lived with love
will never be dull
Leo Buscaglia  ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 

I have always loved the writings of Leo Buscaglia


And that is my daybook for this week!  Thanks always for being here!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•
*¨`*•. ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

12 comments:

  1. That's just cat drama. I have a smallish female cat and her very large son does this about once a week. We got her spayed (she was a stray) after he was born, even though he was neutered at five month old some of that aggression still goes on. I have had multiple cats for years. I keep a spray bottle full of water sitting on the table, when he pulls this stunt a spray of water stops it immediately. Sometimes if I simply pick the bottle up and shake the water he settles right down. Cats are all trolls, if they had thumbs they would have taken over the world by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both spayed. I often find him getting aggressive with her. Usually at least once a day. Sometimes he just doesn't know when to stop. In any case I think I will try the water trick. I don't like to do anything to them because I have read that it can traumatize them, but I can't have him thinking he can attack me either. My sister's ginger cat Mac does the same thing to her. Maybe it is ginger cats? xoxo

      Delete
  2. I think you can find doll and house..at albinatoys on IG:) WE watched LGA but I even forget it..I have to start watching to remember it all,quickly:) Like the new Blake Lively movie..I read the book had to go read the cliff notes lol.Have a great DAY!BirthDAY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I will check them out! Where are you streaming the new Blake Lively movie? I was looking for that yesterday! It looks good! Thank you for the Birthday wishes! I am having a great day so far! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Im not streaming it..its in cinemas:)I only read the book:)Good for you!!!

      Delete
  3. Tax refund bonus for you, it came just in time. Cats and their mischief, keeps life interesting. I think a bit of humidity is returning today, ah well, we will deal with it. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do! Humid here today as well, but a breeze is blowing which makes it not so bad! Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
  4. My, I hope that your scratch did not draw blood...cat scatch fever is something to be concerned about...and even more so for diabetics. May need antibiotics...at least maybe some antibiotic cream. My daughter was badly raked her entire arm once by my hubby's sister's cat...that cat was only alive after that because it was the sisters...my hubby was so mad. Doc told me later as daughter was on antibiotics then for an ear infection, it was a good thing because of the cat scratch fever. I had no idea such existed. It was the only animal ever to harm my daughter, all dogs especially love her to death, even ones that are somewhat dangerous never harmed her. And she never had problems with cats except that one. Some animals are retarded too. Take care!!
    I agree with the other comment...spray bottle of water would be good idea. Won't hurt them at all either.
    Food looks great today too!!
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look that up Elizabeth. I had no idea that it was a real thing! I remembered a song called Cat Scratch Fever when I was s teenager! Thanks so much! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Hope you are ok...and no infection!! By the way, what a GODsend that rebate was...and coming just in time too!! So glad GOD is helping out with your needs like that!!
      Elizabeth xoxo

      Delete
  5. Two of my favorite things, a lovely clothesline & beautiful vintage table cloths, stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!