Friday 16 August 2024

My Friday Finds . . .

 



A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . maybe they will do the same for you!




Thimble Peg Dolls.  Folksy.  None for sale at the moment.  My sister used to make beautiful Victorian Peg Dolls. 



 

No source, but I love LOVE this!




My Owl Barn.  Beautiful hand embroidered brooches.  




Again, no source, but love, love, love.  What a beautifully embroidered bee.  (Many thanks so Monique for finding the source here!)




I am sorry, there is no source for these either, but I had to share them because they are just beautiful.




Create Joy. Make Stuff.   I love this pattern.




Natalie Japushkina on Instagram.  A brilliant Crocheter. 




Not Forgotten Farm.  A Helping Hand. 




Anne Wood.  Some of the things her customers have made. 



Shop Miss Ella. Mushroom Doll Kit. 




Adindas World Crocher.  Crochet Heart Pillow.





This  . . . 




Just because  . . . 




This too  . . . 




Minki Kim  Pumpkin Placemats. Cute!


And those are my finds for this week. I am sorry I haven't been able to source more.  I kept coming up with dead ends this morning and now my time is gone.   I guess today is mostly eye candy!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *Always have something beautiful in sight,
even if it's just a daisy in a jelly glass.
~H. Jackson Brown Jr. 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


Creamed Chicken & Biscuits


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Creamed Chicken & Biscuits.  From scratch. No tinned soup.  A delicious cream gravy filled with chunks of chicken and sweet peas, spooned over top of flaky buttery biscuits. Old fashioned comfort food and on the table in about 20 minutes tops.

I have a busy day ahead of me today. My father is coming over for supper tonight which is a real treat.  I have to take some stuff over to Eileen and Tim's as well.  Its mostly cloudy out there this  morning. Hopefully it won't rain. Its not supposed to at any rate! 

And it is Friday! How did that happen?  This week has literally flown by.  I wish I could figure out how to slow time down.  Oh well, a busy week is a full  life.  I am grateful for that.

I hope you have a beautiful day, filled with lots of love and joy. Whatever you get up to, don't forget!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

 

And I do too! 
 



19 comments:

  1. Busy is good, makes the day go by. But for me it is one of those days where I don't have much to do, time to hunt around in the craft room. Enjoy your busy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda! I enjoy being busy so its all good! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love the Peg thimble dolls. Last visit mom gave me her Mom’s sterling silver thimble. So honored to have. My Grandmother lost her husband in WWII… 3 young daughters to raise. She was amazing. She set out to teach mom and her sisters to cook, clean, sew etc. she had to hold a full time job at the supermarket and each did as were told when home from school ( minus a bossy big sis , I am told). But with God’s blessing she did it…. And Sundays were church and rest. Grandma made me my Cheerleading dresses and they were precise and beautifully sewn. She taught me to knit. ( my passion and delight). The cooking gene missed me but with recipes ( yours too), I have gotten better. Thank you for the sweet inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an honor to have been given such an heirloom! Thank you so much for your sweet comment and what you have shared with us. It made me smile! xoxo

      Delete
  3. elenapostolnaia
    on IG is where you can find the bee..she was giving the pattern away for free to 3 lucky winners:) Dont know when..:) In case you want it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you found that Monique! When I put a search image on it all I came up with was Temu, coasters and Bee Coaster Wayfair Canada. I will look up elenapostolnaia on IG. Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness. A new follow! Her work is beautiful! Those Eastern Europeans are so talented! xo

      Delete
  4. Interesting looking dolls, I've got a Chucky doll on the kitchen counter, next to the cutlery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such treats for myeyes ... my favourite is the pic of the knitted/embroidered kitties ... sweet ! - Madelyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Madelyne. I wish I could find the pattern! xoxo

      Delete
    2. whimsycottage_creations
      on Instagram. for the cats..:)

      Delete
  6. The dish at the end looks so comforting!! When I worked in Hawaii at at daycare, during Hubby's Navy days there, they often made something that looked like this and served it over rice, of course. Over there, rice is their bread. Those little kids slurped that up in a hurry. Usually was chicken or maybe tuna and some veggies, in like a cream of chicken soup or some such. Delicious!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. This would be really good over rice as well. I would even enjoy it over plain boiled potatoes. Like me you have had the pleasure of following your husband around the world. It was not such a bad thing to do such! I had some great experiences! I am sure you did also! xoxo

      Delete
  7. I do love seeing all your beautiful pictures. I don't always get notified when you post on here for some reason ? I tried unfollowing and then re-hollowing again ..maybe that will fix it 😊Sending hugs Debbie 💐x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure what the answer is Debs! I never get any notifications when anyone posts so just check back regularly. Sometimes I get lucky! Hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!