Wednesday 31 July 2024

Wednesday Witterings . . .

 

 


Good morning everyone. I just could not resist showing you this photo I took yesterday of Nutmeg.  I happened to look over at my table and this is what I saw.  He is sleeping underneath the flounce of one of my chair covers.  The cats quite like to tuck themselves under them. I am quite sure he thinks that I can't see him, but there is no mistaking those white boots.  Nutmeg in very much in there!

I have a thing for ginger cats, especially if they are wearing white boots.


 



Remembering the ginger and white cat I created for that children's book I illustrated about 11 years ago now.  The author never ever did manage to get it published, but I did have a lot of fun illustrating it.






I think  I was channeling my inner Nutmeg even then. 




Those were the days when I was being extra creative. Making paper dolls, matchbox dolls and felt cat dolls.  Somehow I lost my mojo between then and now, and have not quite got it back again.



It was a whole different world, a whole different life back then.  I still feel sad about it all and all that happened, perhaps I always will. I suppose it is only natural.


 


I got out of here for a short yesterday. I needed to pick up my prescriptions and my sister wanted to go to Spurrs Farm Market as they were getting in their bakery order yesterday. So we went to the Drugstore first and then on up to Spurrs.  I bought some naughty's.  (Why do I do that to myself?  I know I shouldn't be eating naughty things. MUST do better. To be honest, I froze them all, except for the sourdough olive loaf, a small French stick and an oatmeal cookie.) 

Then we went to Canadian Tire.  I wanted to get a couple of these little measuring glasses like my father has.  They are small tumblers with the measures on the side. I thought I could use them in videos.  I also got  a batter bowl.  I used to have one in the U.K. A pampered chef one, but it got left behind. Again, I thought it would come in useful in videos. 

We popped into Sobey's so I could pick up some sandwich meat.  I also got some lamb chops.


We then went to Goucher's farm market on the way home. They had cauliflowers on for $2.99. Beautiful big fresh cauliflowers.




When I got home I made myself some supper.  It was getting on for 3:30 or so, so it was really a late lunch/early supper. 

A fresh Baguette Ficelles from Boulangerie L Vendeenne in Blockhouse, NS, filled with Grandpa Sikorski's ham (thinly sliced), honey mustard, lettuce and a Kraft Extra Cheddar Slice. On the side, some of my sister's homemade coleslaw vinaigrette, a couple of Oh Snap Dillie Bites, (fermented dill pickle slices) and for dessert, a lovely Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookie!

It was really, really good and I was stuffed after all of that. 




I think I checked my emails about a thousand times yesterday to see if there was any updates, but so far there is nothing. I did get one from Allison this morning and will check it out a bit later on when my head is clearer. 

I have found these past 6 1/2 days to be quite emotionally and mentally exhausting to be honest.  The only way I have kept my sanity really is to just keep myself quite busy.  When I stop to think I find myself feeling quite despondent, and I don't like feeling that way. I am usually in a much more positive frame of mind. 




I played with my phone, trying to make a video, or trying to see if I could make a video. Old dog, new tricks. You just have to laugh at yourself sometimes.  I am trying to keep my perfectionist voice quiet. If I aim for perfection I will never get one done.  That's not how you start with this.  You just jump in, go with it and then hope that you improve as time goes on.

I wrote a short story. That ate up a couple hours of time.  And I had fun doing it.  I want to write more.  I came to mind that a book/novel/memoire is really just a bunch of short stories strung together. Who knows what will happen next.

And I had a brief chat with my son in NB who is back from his camping trip. We have plans to talk/facetime this morning.  His brother  (who is the youngest son of my first husband) lives not too far from me and he thinks that Evan might be able to help me, if not with the blog then at least with figuring out the video thing.  To be honest I am not sure how I feel about that.  Is it awkward?  I don't know.  I would be quite grateful actually, but am not sure if that is really something I should be doing.  Letting my ex ex husband's son help me.  Mind you, he hasn't been asked and might never be asked. And he might just think that it is really awkward as well. It would be different if my oldest son were actually here with me.





Basically I am just trying to have a positive outlook and not wallow.  I can be quite good at wallowing and I don't really want to go there.   One positive take from these last few days is that I have had the time to do a few things I normally don't have time to do. Like fold my laundry as soon as the dryer finishes drying it.  (I am normally pretty good at procrastinating that chore.)   I also got another bookcase curtain sewn. 

Tonight it is supper at the Big Scoop Night.  Supper with Dad and Hazel and Cindy.  We were talking yesterday about what we were going to order.  I had watched a video on YT by Gary Eats on the five best fish and chips shops in Whitby.  I am thinking fish and chips  . . .  but do I really need all that fat and calories???  Hmmm . . .  we shall see.

I have wittered on long enough now so I will leave you with a thought for the day . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°Imagine what our real 
neighborhoods would be like
if each of us offered, as a matter of course,
just one kind word to another person.
~Mister Rogers° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •

I have always loved Mister Rogers.  He was such a dear, kind and caring person.

I hope that you enjoyed all of my old artwork here today, and  that you have a truly beautiful day.  Stay safe. Stay happy. Be blessed, and don't forget!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

20 comments:

  1. Always love your art.. And you did make a video:) Hope the blog gets reactivated soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! Me too. So far no joy. xoxo

      Delete
  2. The cats must think you bought the chair covers just for them to hide under. Love all your art work. Good to have lots of help sorting out your website issues, eventually there will be a solution, hopefully sooner than later. We have your rain curse on garbage day this Wednesday. The rain is so needed. Keep working on those videos, practice makes perfect. Enjoy dinner out tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, sorry you have rain on garbage day, lol It is a curse for sure! I am with you on the more sooner than later! Thanks Linda! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie! Did you ever think to create a cartoon story line, and get it published? I'm thinking about "Dennis the Menace", and that cat cartoon story line (can't think of the name right now), and "Nancy", and many other classics. Your art work is very appealing, and your use of color and shading shows a fine hand. Using that whimsical art expression, which I've noticed remains consistent over the years, and telling the story that goes along with it, might be publishable as a cartoon story line. This is just a thought. You are very talented, almost as though you are a bloom just before being fully open, and if you narrow down what you want to do, and focus on that, it may surprise you where you can go with it. You have so many stories within your memory, and your gentle and loving Spirit has a way of expressing those stories that is quite engaging. These past several days of shock relating to your website being down has been a blessing, in my opinion. I can see the strength it has revealed in your ability to withstand and continue on, and perhaps to something even better than what once was. Sometimes it takes being lifted out of the daily ordinary to see what is extraordinary that is waiting for you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment and kind thoughts. Quite often our blessings don't seem much like blessings when we are going through them for sure! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Wow, your video quality as to sound and clarity of the film is really good!!! We watch quite a few that are no where that clear...so you must have some good equipment. It would be odd to have help from your son's brother but hey, if your son arranges it, why not?? You are a very nice person, so it may be that if he can help you sort this out, you maybe will have made another friend. Men may be not as concerned with the oddity of it as women might. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.
    HUGS, and rooting for your success, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are going to take that route via the video thing. My son is going to talk to his brother soon. I did make a cooking video yesterday but it has somehow ended up in three parts. I don't know how that happened! lol Now I need help in putting the three parts together! Also in one of them I videoed me cleaning up so I need to figure out how to get rid of that part before I put them together. What a HUGE learning curve! Thanks Elizabeth! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Take all the help offered in good faith.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love,love your artwork! It has a sweet look to it, a happy look….how lovely! I’m hoping, as you are, that this glitch gets corrected soon…but, I liked your video and voice and look forward to maybe you teaching me a few things that way. You’re a special teacher, cook, writer, faith based, family oriented, creative, photographer, crafter, sweet pet owner and I’m lucky to have found you. Keep up the great work, happy dinner tonight! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pleasure to get to hear your voice on the video and to get to see your artwork again. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, and hoping for the best possible outcome. For what it's worth, I tend to watch you tube videos more than actual tv, and am always wishing there were channels by women in my age group that were just about everyday life and the challenges we all face, including living on our own, learning new things, creative projects, weight challenges, all of it --- except I'm not interested in "how to wear makeup to look younger" and such. If you ever do start a channel, I will embrace it wholeheartedly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on what I like to watch on videos Becky! Thank you so much for your support. I watch YouTube a lot as well! xoxo

      Delete
  8. I love your artwork, Marie. Maybe write a different story to go with your illustrations and try again to have it published. I think your artwork would lend itself to a line of lovely all-occasion cards. If Anthony and Evan have a good relationship then it shouldn’t be awkward for him to help you. Love and hugs, Elaine (in very hot Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine. I tried all occasion cards before, but no longer have a printer that can print the art out properly or the program that I used to use to put the words on my art. Your support is so much appreciated and I thank you for it. Love and hugs from hot and sticky Nova Scotia! xoxo

      Delete
  9. Your artwork is just so beautiful and full of charm!!
    Have you ever thought of selling notecards on Etsy?
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. I did do that a while back and did digital downloads and even had digital stamps. None of it was very lucrative actually. But thank you so much for liking my work. I really appreciate it! xoxo

      Delete
  10. Knadeau56@yahoo.com1 August 2024 at 15:31

    First, you are extremely talented. Your recipes are super and I have been following. I just found this particular blog spot.....I love it!! As a side note, the photo with the kitties legs sticking out, I have the same rug under my dining room table. Have a great day and I am looking forward to your future writings. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I really appreciate your support! I hope you will visit my little corner of the world often! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!