Thursday 25 July 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 




These are some of the things in life that I enjoy and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Lets share! 


 

Real wool throws . . .  so nice to throw over the lap in the winter time.


 

Button snowmen  . . . . 


 

The art of applique  . . . 


 

Anything lemon  . . . 


 

Petit fours  . . .  who can resist them . . . 


 

Doll houses  . . .  love them. Miss mine. I have no place to really work on one here.


 

Bobble trim  . . . 


 

Butterflies  . . . 


 

Pitcher's and Basins  . . . and that white quilt  . . .  beautiful.


 

This  . . . . 


 

Blue . . . . 


 

Sea shells  . . . . 


 

Pancakes  . . . . 


 

Lavender  . . .  but I cannot imagine picnicking in it. That field would be buzzing with bees.


 

Switzerland and the Alps.  My daughter in law's sister is moving there in August.  She is a Scientist and an Olympic Athlete and has been appointed as the new IOC Medical and Scientific director.  Living the dream I think they call it.


 

Ancient oaks  . . . 


 

Shadows  . . . . 


 

Post and stationary  . . . 


 

Fresh raspberries  . . . . 


 


Fresh blueberries!


 

Picnics  . . . . 


 

Polka dots  . . . 


 


 Cherries  . . . 


 

China Tea Sets  . . . 


 

A well laid table  . . .  in my house you get a knife and a fork and that's your lot!  (Maybe a spoon.)


And those are my favorite things for this week!  Maybe some of them were yours also. Let's face it. I just like pretty things  . . . 


A thought to carry with you . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°Accept what isn't
so you can move forward
with what is.
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


Parmesan Crusted Baked Cod

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Parmesan Crusted Baked Cod.  This was simple to make. Quick and easy, low carb and delicious.


Dad had a great Doctor's appointment yesterday. He is in great shape, which is always good news.  We had supper out last night. His friend Hazel's cancer has come back so if you could please keep her in your prayers that would be lovely. This is the third time. They are going to operate this time. Cindy and I are off to a Paint Night this evening. That should be fun. It's all go here!


Have a wonderful day and be happy! I hope it is filled with a few of your favorite things.  Whatever you get up to today, don't forget!


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   




8 comments:

  1. Oh my moving to Switzerland, can you imagine?? I am sure the heavy snow time will be challenging but oh the beauty of it there!! Will pray for Hazel...so many folks dealing with this awful disease these days!!
    Hugs and love, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grandkids out west made me button snowmen and trees one year, so cute. Fresh fruit in season is so delicious. Hoping things go well for Hazel. Enjoy the paint night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they were really cute! Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
  3. So many lovely things! They make me smile. All the fresh fruit...and things lemon! Yum. And can you imagine moving to Switzerland? Yes, definitely living a dream!! Thanks for all the sharing...always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this list (and the beautiful pictures) of your favorite things.
    I love all things lemon as well, and those petit fours look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!