Tuesday 16 July 2024

A Day Book . . .

 




FOR TODAY, July 16th, 2024


OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...



Its highly overcast, but hot and humid already. A heat warning is still in effect and is likely to carry on for at least a few more days.  I am very grateful for my heat pump which helps to keep it cool in here.


I AM THINKING ...




“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29‬:‭11‬

This has always been one of my favorite scriptures from the Bible.  He has never let me down yet, and for that I am grateful.


I AM ALSO THINKING ...


 



Though life is fragile and fleeting, God is forever and faithful. 
He holds me in the palm of his hands and his purposes are good 
(Rom. 8:28). ⁠

We, none of us, know what tomorrow may bring to our tables, but we can know who is in control and we can trust in Him ultimately to help bring us through whatever it is life chooses to throw at us.  I am so grateful for my faith which is empowering and sustaining.  My arthritis is particularly bad this morning. Especially my left knee which feels like someone is driving a stake through it.  I don't think this heat and humidity help at all, but I am grateful for the respite that some days  DO give me from the pain. On those days I feel like I can soar.  Sometimes it is only an hour here or an hour there.  I take it gladly.  I am mindful that whilst every day may not be a good day, there is always some good in every day and I seek out and cling to that good. It helps.



Roasted Almond Chicken with Lemon Mayo


IN THE KITCHEN ...

Roasted Almond Chicken with Lemon Mayo. Quick, easy, delicious. Low carb, keto friendly.  Simple to make. I love the crisp and nutty crunch the almonds impart and the lemon mayo makes for a delicious dip!




ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...

I am loving the look of this Browned Butter and Herb Mashed Potato Bake from How Sweet Eats.  It looks decadently delicious!  I love potatoes in any way shape or form!




Zoe Clark-Coates

A FRESH PERSPECTIVE ...

But I do not joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren. (Alma 29:14) 

 Free yourself from our culture’s obsession with comparing and competing. Success is like air and happiness is like sunshine.  There is more than enough for anyone and a place for everyone at the table!


I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO CREATE ...



Pearl Soho  PomPom Socks.  I have always loved PomPom Socks.





Knot Garden.  Knitted flowers. So pretty  . . . 





No source, but I like them.





Pearl SoHo  Linen stitch hand towels. Love these.





Again, no source, but how cute are these bookmarks!





OH MY GOODNESS ...

This picture I took of Nutmeg not too long after I got the kittens. So sweet. 





He is a very handsome boy now  . . . 




Cinnamon then  . . . 


Cinnamon now  . . . 

They are three years old now.  Love them to pieces. That old saying is true however, Dogs have Masters, Cats have Slaves.




I AM READING ...

How to Be a Good Creature, by Sy Montgomery

Sy Montgomery’s wholesome memoir of her life with animals, complete with stunning illustrations and timeless life lessons. 

 In this gorgeous book that reminds you of the beauty of life, Sy Montgomery shares the bonds she has grown with pigs, dogs, and even an octopus during her life so far. It’s a charming memoir about the plethora of ways her animal friends have helped her to be a good creature, offering a life-affirming read that feels like a balm for the soul.

A nice light read.


THINGS I LOVE ...



 



Pretty tea cups  . . . 



 




A good cake  . . . 



 



Jane Austin  . . . in print or in films  . . . 



 



A good cardigan  . . . . 







Corn on the cob with lots of butter and salt . . . 


MAKES ME SMILE ...

 


The way they manage to fit in and sleep anywhere at all  . . . I love it.



They used to love sleeping in the ceramic bowl on my coffee table.  They would not fit in it now.


SOMETHING TO WATCH ...



Fried Green Tomatoes on Netflix.

It has been many years since I watched this film. I love it still.

A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°Moral excellence comes about
as a result of habit.
~Aristotle  ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

4 comments:

  1. 3 years already! Time flies.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute teacup bookmarks today. I'm reading the Call the Midwives books, loved the series. Do you follow putman_and_robin on Instagram? amazing photos of the British robin. Still very hot and humid here, not being outside weather. Wow, 3 years for kitties, they are so adorable. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely day book, kind words, darling companions, thank you.
    xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cats are just beautiful. I love the kittens to adults pictures, so sweet. And I agree about Jane Austen, one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!