Friday 5 July 2024

My Friday Finds . . .

 

A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . maybe they will do the same for you!




Love these ruffled gingham pillow cases. No instructions, but how hard could they be?




Also loving these ones, but again, no instructions.




For sale and expensive, but so cute.




Threads Magazine. Understanding thread tension.





Makayla Creates. 10 free dress patterns.




Melly Sews. Five sewing secrets.  You learn something new every day!




Frog Doll Tutorial. Free. Anne Wood.




Love Crafts.  Such a pretty shawl.




Dadas Place. Vintage crochet blankets.




Your Place. Irish Crochet Blanket.




Thrift Store Crafter. A sweet little reindeer ornament.




Just for fun. No source, but how cute is this!




Fairyland of Dolls on Instagram. A little wool frog. So cute.




Source   Denim Pennant with YoYo's.  I love YoYo's.




Jan Olson   Like this. Love it. 


Well, I don't really have much else to share with you this morning.  I am not really feeling it today. I am not sure why.  I feel quite restless for some reason and can't seem to settle down.

Nutmeg is restless also. He keeps meowing at me and I go to see what he wants and it is nothing.  He has been licking plastic bags again. I don't know why he does that?  Any ideas?

The brakes are going on my car. I started hearing a noise a few days ago, and yesterday it was hard to ignore.  I went with Cindy to pick up the cats (they did great!) at the vets and then by the time I got back to my house it was really making noise.  The earliest I can get it in to where I usually take my car is the 22nd.  It is what it is. I don't want to take it anywhere else. They know me and my car there and have always treated me very fairly.  I think my wings have been truly clipped for a few weeks anyways, because my car is not going anywhere.

It seems very oppressive out there this morning. The sky is grey but there is a strange light hanging over everything.  Its weird.

Congrats to the new Prime Minister of the U.K. Kier Starmer of the Labour party. Its been fourteen years since they have had a Labour Government.

And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day  . . . 



° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *It is our attitude at the beginning of a
difficult task which, more than anything else, 
will affect its successful outcome.
~William James
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •





In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Leftover Boiled Potato Casserole. Sized for two people. This is delicious and very simple to make.


I hope you have a wonderful day!  Whatever you get up to keep your cool and stay safe! Don't forget!



═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

 

And I do too! 
 

11 comments:

  1. Bummer about your car, Marie. Wise not to drive it until the breaks are checked out. It’s funny how some days have what you describe - a sense of uneasiness to them for no apparent reason. Hope things improve as the day goes on. Will you be baking a birthday cake for Cindy? Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't dare take the chance for sure Elaine! I will have to rely on Cindy or Dad's car til then. (I hate being a nuisance, but it is what it is!) I have been out of sorts all day. Cindy took me to the grocery store. I zoned out while in the checkout, tried to scan my bank card for the points card and then tried to pay for my groceries with the scene card! I was just not with it! I have bought Cindy a Double Chocolate Fudge DeRocca Cake for her Birthday Cake as that is what she wanted. We are always buying ourselves a slice of it for $4 so I know she will enjoy it a lot! Love and Hugs. xoxo PS - She got your package and was delighted with the card and the dresses! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, not good news about your car brakes. Hope it can be resolved soon. Very humid here again today, not a day to be outside for long periods of time. Take care in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be taking it on the 22nd and hopefully it is not too bad. If I refrain from driving it until then, it should be okay. I don't dare take the chance Linda! Sticky and humid here as well! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie! Nutmeg may be constipated, and trying to find something to help him have easier poops. Perhaps the plastic bags smell or taste a little like grass would. The reason I mention constipation is because a family cat was terribly constipated for years, and the vet didn't catch it, or ask about it. She had a red anus from the constipation, was vomiting, and all of that time the vet kept saying she was allergic to her food. She had boils on her body. Finally, I gave her a gel-based product that treats constipation in cats, and then also found her a dry catfood with probiotics. Within just a week or so, she became a different cat. Her skin does not have boils, she is very relaxed and also runs around the house being happy. Runs to greet her family when they come in. No constipation, regular bowel movements now. She is 14 years old now. How much I wish the vet had shown enough sense to at least ask if the cat is constipated. The family changed vets, and still the new vet didn't have enough understanding to ask the simple question, "is your cat constipated, does your cat have poops every day?" It took a grandma, who has spent a lifetime loving and raising cats, to see the obvious. May God help us, because there is a diminishing of intelligence worldwide, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems to poop every day, although he does tend to poop out his hairballs rather than cough them up! Once my car is up and running again I will look for what you have suggested. Thank you so much! xoxo

      Delete
    2. You are so welcome, Marie! Nutmeg and Cinnamon are precious, and your photos are excellent of them. You capture their essence of "catness" . You may not want to publish this, but here are the names and places you can find good things for pets. https://www.chewey.com
      and "bluebuffalo" probiotic dry cat food
      and Laxatone for cats.
      I have read that those beloved snacks also cause constipation and stomach upset too. Pooping out hairballs is much better than coughing them up, I would think. Oh my! Cats!
      xoxo

      Delete
    3. All my cats have licked plastic bags. Must taste good is all I've got. I give Gertrude Vet's Best Hairball Relief. I give her one two or three times a week, and she has no hairball problems ever. So far. She's five years old now.

      Delete
  4. Please don't drive your car until your brakes are checked and are in good condition. It's not worth the risk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries I will not be driving it until its fixed! I may even have the CAA tow it to the service center on the day. We will see. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Lovely ideas...might help me get motivated to get to some sewing!! Hope springs eternal...just the energy lags!! Sorry about your car but glad you will get it fixed and at least your kin live closeby to get you to groceries etc. It is stinking hot here not...hotter than a sauna...so it is a good time to stay home. My fridge and freezer are full so we shall try to just stay home awhile.
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!