Tuesday 2 July 2024

A Day Book . . .

 



FOR TODAY, July 2nd, 20204




OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...

Not this morning, but last night. I took a photo of the sun set. This is it unfiltered.  I had my curtains drawn and thought somebody was shining their car lights at my window and so I peeked. This is what I saw. So pretty.


 

I AM THINKING ...

Dan starts a new job this morning. I hope he does well and that he likes it. It is always nerve-wracking on the first day of any new job.  Praying all goes very well for him.


 

I AM ALSO THINKING ...

I hope that I am not turning into that little old lady that is always curtain twitching, looking out and being nosy about my neighborhood.  I think that last night it was just I thought someone was in my driveway and it was late at night and I was a bit nervous about that,  me being here all on my own. I do have an inordinate fear of someone breaking in while I am here, or looking in my windows at me, etc.  Perhaps that is normal for somebody who lives by themselves?


Fresh Corn Salad



IN THE KITCHEN ...

Fresh Corn Salad. Juicy corn kernels, crisp cucumbers, tangy cherry tomatoes, and a very simple dressing, this salad is a perfect blend of summer goodness.





ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...

Bites with Brie, Easy Rosemary Focaccia Muffins.  These look really yummy.





A FRESH PERSPECTIVE ...

Not only do we need to look at others the way that God looks at them, but we need to be a bit kinder to ourselves and see ourselves as God sees us.  God loves all of his children, including ourselves.  Be gentle with yourself.


I WOULD LOVE TO CREATE ...


 

Quilted heart coasters. So pretty  . . . 

 


Quilted Stockings  . . .  I had some started for my grandchildren that got left in the U.K. I hope they went to good homes.

 


Reversable rickrack napkins  . . .  so pretty.


 

Old wool blankets, edged with bias-tape


 

Scalloped edging  . . .  very pretty  . . . 




OH MY GOODNESS ...

I had this book when I was a young child. I loved it! It was about a little dog who had a big dog move into the next door neighbors place.  I think my book was called The Playful Little Puppy, but it was the same book.




I AM READING ...

CROW LAKE, by Mary Lawson

Crow Lake is that rare find, a first novel so quietly assured, so emotionally pitch perfect, you know from the opening page that this is the real thing—a literary experience in which to lose yourself, by an author of immense talent. 

 Here is a gorgeous, slow-burning story set in the rural “badlands” of northern Ontario, where heartbreak and hardship are mirrored in the landscape. For the farming Pye family, life is a Greek tragedy where the sins of the fathers are visited on the sons, and terrible events occur–offstage. Centerstage are the Morrisons, whose tragedy looks more immediate if less brutal, but is, in reality, insidious and divisive. 

Orphaned young, Kate Morrison was her older brother Matt’s protegee, her fascination for pond life fed by his passionate interest in the natural world. Now a zoologist, she can identify organisms under a microscope but seems blind to the state of her own emotional life. And she thinks she’s outgrown her siblings–Luke, Matt, and Bo–who were once her entire world. 

 In this universal drama of family love and misunderstandings, of resentments harbored and driven underground, Lawson ratchets up the tension with heartbreaking humor and consummate control, continually overturning one’s expectations right to the very end. 


Tragic, funny, unforgettable, Crow Lake is a quiet tour de force that will catapult Mary Lawson to the forefront of fiction writers today.

I have only just started this, but so far so good.


THINGS I LOVE ... 


 



Shiny wood floors  . . . 



 



Lace curtains  . . . 


 



Airy rooms filled with light  . . . 



 


A well organized bath  . . . 




Red Gingham  . . . 


MAKES ME SMILE ...

 

Siblings  . . .  perhaps?


SOMETHING TO WATCH ...



The Bear on Disney+  
I am late to the party. I only just started watching series one.  I am enjoying it!


A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°Less is more,
Less stress, more peace.
Less tech, more nature.
Less worry,  more joy.
Less fear, more gratitude.
Less judgement, more love.
~Mary Davis° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck in the new job Dan. I've got a modified version of your salmon au gratin the oven early this morning before any heat, will have it for dinner tonight and will freeze the rest. Yummy! It is a lovely clear, sunny day, hope it is the same by you. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!