Tuesday 30 July 2024

A Day Book ...

 


FOR TODAY, July 30th, 2024


OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...

No picture today as it is still quite dark. I might be able to add one later on. I was awake at 5:30 this morning and it is not yet six. It is supposed to get quite warm today.  Typical summer weather for here. Clear, warm and humid.



I AM THINKING ...

Of course the blog problem is uppermost in my mind. I am beyond feeling desperate at the moment. I am trying hard to keep my faith up and to trust that all will be well with this situation, but nobody who can actually help me with it seems to care. Squarespace prides itself on having tech help available 24/7 but I have been now waiting since Thursday evening and no help has been forthcoming. I just keep getting emails saying thank you for your patience. Wait times are longer at the  moment due to the high volume of requests, yada yada yada

In the meantime I am sinking  . . . floundering  . . . I'm treading water as fast as I can. I am very much relying on the Lord to help keep me afloat.  I've done all that I can do for now. I don't know what else I can do.


I AM ALSO THINKING ...

I hope that I can figure out this video thing.  I tried to do a short one yesterday.  They are going to be abysmal until I can figure things out.  I don't know the first thing about any of this. Such a steep learning curve to try to come to grasp with at an age where I should be able to just relax and enjoy my life.  And even if I do get things running it will take months before I can possibly monetize any videos. I have seen people do it in 10 weeks.  I am not going to give up. I am dedicated to giving it my best shot. Something else I have had to completely put into the Lord's hands.



IN THE KITCHEN ...

I can only share what was on my plate yesterday. No recipe. Just steamed fresh yellow beans, some frozen fried rice and frozen chicken balls which I drizzled with some plum sauce.



ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...

Jenna Bakes.  These Breakfast Stuffed Puff Pastry bars look really good.  In reality I wouldn't dare eat one, but that doesn't stop me from looking and drooling.





REMEMBERING ...

Elder Uchtdorf gave this talk back in October of 2011.  Forget me Not.  I remember when I first heard it, it was as if he was talking to me.  I was so inspired by the talk that I did a little piece of art to go with it.


My husband thought it was so good that I should send a copy to (Then) President Uchtdorf.  I poo pooed the idea but then I went and got a frame and sent it off.  In the month or so after I experienced a cancer scare.  I completely forgot about having sent this art to Elder Uchtdorf, I was so distracted with my health issues.  I remember I was waiting for test results to come back from the hospital.  On this particular day,  (The beginning of November) I heard the mail come through the letter box in the front door. When I went to check, there were two letters laying on the mat by the door. One was from the hospital. One was from the Office of the First Presidency of my church.  

I opened that one first.  It was a thankyou letter from President Uchtdorf. In it he thanked me for my gift and he also said the following:  "I commend you on staying faithful to your covenants through times of adversity and discouragement. God has blessed you, and He is mindful of the desires of your heart." 

I knew then that all would be okay, and it was.  No cancer. I remember laying in bed that night and re-reading his letter and thinking about how much my Heavenly Father cared about me, so much so that He had prompted an Apostle of the Lord to let me know that He did. And in revisiting that time this morning, I am encouraged once more by Elder Uchtdorf's words.  God is mindful of the desires of my heart. He is on the case. I just need to exercise more patience and do all that I can do, and not give in to the feelings of desperation that I am feeling. He will not drop me now. He never has.


I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO CREATE ...


No source, but, how cute are these!



Again no source, but terrifically cute.



No source again, but three of my loves.  Crochet. Embroidery. Buttons.



Bloglovin  Mason Jar Crochet Hook Holder. 




Craft Her  Sea Shell Coasters.




OH MY GOODNESS ...

Seriously cute. Hedgehogs are about the most benign creatures on earth. So docile. We used to have them visiting the garden from time to time in the U.K.



I AM READING ...

The Rapture of Canaan, by Sheri Reynolds

Members of the Church of Fire and Brimstone and God's Almighty Baptizing Wind spend their days and nights serving the Lord and waiting for the Rapture--that moment just before the Second Coming of Christ when the saved will be lifted bodily to heaven and the damned will be left behind to face the thousand years of tribulation on earth. 

The tribulation, according to Grandpa Herman, founder of Fire and Brimstone, will be an ugly time: "He said that we'd run out of food. That big bugs would chase us around and sting us with their tails . . . He said we'd turn on the faucet in the bathroom and find only blood running out . . . He said evil multitudes would come unto us and cut off our limbs, and that we wouldn't die . . . And then he'd say, 'But you don't have to be left behind. You can go straight to Heaven with all of God's special children if you'll only open your hearts to Jesus . . .'" 

Such talk of damnation weighs heavy on the mind of Ninah Huff, the 15-year-old narrator of Sheri Reynolds's second novel, The Rapture of Canaan. To distract her from sinful thoughts about her prayer partner James, Ninah puts pecan shells in her shoes and nettles in her bed. But concentrating on the Passion of Jesus cannot, in the end, deter Ninah and James from their passion for each other, and the consequences prove both tragic and transforming for the entire community. 

 The Rapture of Canaan is a book about miracles, and in writing it, Reynolds has performed something of a miracle herself. Although the church's beliefs and practices may seem extreme (sleeping in an open grave, mortifying the flesh with barbed wire), its members are complex and profoundly sympathetic as they wrestle with the contradictions of Fire and Brimstone's theology, the temptations of the outside world, and the frailties of the human heart.

I am revisiting this book. I have read it a couple of times now. It is one of my longstanding favorite novels and I enjoy rereading it from time to time.

THINGS I LOVE ...

 


Sunflowers . . . 

 

Sunsets  . . . . 


 

This  . . . 

 

Fresh bread  . . .


 

Fresh garlic  . . . 


MAKES ME SMILE ...



They really do love each other  . . . 

SOMETHING TO WATCH ...





The Kings Daughter  . . .  Netflix


A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°Great things are done by
a series of small things
brought together.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Vincent VanGogh  ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •

Please continue to pray for me and a resolution to the English Kitchen problem.  I really need and appreciate them.

And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

18 comments:

  1. So sorry you’re still waiting for your English Kitchen blog to be restored. If the company is so busy you haven’t been able to contact them since Thursday they need to hire more representatives. I’m sure they can afford to. Stay strong. Love, hugs and prayers, Elaine (in Toronto).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally got someone to talk to this morning, but he is not sure he can help me. He has however promised to email me back one way or another at some point today. I am beyond distressed over this, but trying to stay strong. Thanks Elaine. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Will be looking for that cute birdhouse crochet pattern, also like the hook storage in a jar. I'm knitting some dishcloths right now.

    It might be time to start checking out other hosting services if there is no tech support. Compare what you pay now for hosting to other hosting places. Yet it is hard to do if they can't import the actual site. But worth a try.

    Heat and humidity has returned here for a few days, desperately need some rain.

    I'm reading the James Herriott series of books but some in the China Bayles series by Susan Wittig Albert.

    Keep busy and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have contacted a few other hosting services but they can't do anything until my blog is up and running. I did finally get a response on the chat thing on Squarespace, but he was unable to help me. He said he needs to do more investigations, but he promised to email me back today one way or the other. So still waiting. I am trying to stay as busy as I can and be positive. xoxo PS James Herriott is the best. I have never heard of the China Bayles series.

      Delete
    2. Hope that the person you talked to will follow through and email you back and you find out something positive. Fingers crossed

      Delete
  3. All of these outfits have chatrooms. Sign into their chatroom and ask someone there for a solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to do just that for six days now.

      Delete
  4. Still praying GOD will resolve this for you...meanwhile? If I were you, even if all is fixed with your food blog...I would start videoing some recipes...don't put all your eggs in 1 basket etc. I am sorry for how you feel overwhelmed...I often do too...but that is from being a 24/7 caregiver without hardly ever any help (because everyone else is very busy too so I must soldier on). Now in my 70s and struggling with enough energy to just get by marginally...some days I do not manage anything much...other than the caregiving. We are only human, Marie. I think you should ask your church for help if you fall short till this is past...after all, you have been a most faithful member and they are known as a whole to be very rich. Help when one needs it should be part of any membership in any group frankly!! Hang in there...we who pray are still praying!!
    love and hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. I am definitely going to diversify. Not put all my eggs in one basket again. That was folly, is folly. I will ask my church for help if I need to. Thank you so much for your prayers. I truly appreciate them. xoxo

      Delete
    2. Mercy Marie...I don't think your having that 1 blog was folly...people and businesses are folly and we are left to deal with whatever they deal out. It is too bad one has to work so hard and have so much going on...crazy we have to!! I wish I could help you more!! I think you are VERY talented and could do any number of things. I hope all us rooting for you here will at the least send you a card or something to encourage you in any way we can!! Don't let this destroy you!! I am hoping that GOD has something very wonderful for you ahead and somehow this is all part of the direction to it!!
      HUGS and love, Elizabeth xoxo

      Delete
    3. Thank you Elizabeth. Your prayers are enough. Also your support. I really do appreciate all of it and the love! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie, I'm sure you're seeing the same message as I am, but when I click on your site the message says "this domain has all already been restored and not suspended anymore. If you are the registrant of the domain please update your nameservers so it resolves your site". So what this means is, Squarespace have processed your payment so your domain is active again - but now you need to manually point your nameservers to your web hosting company. Squarespace should have the nameservers listed somewhere in your account details. Usually it shows as DNS1 and DNS2. You'll need to login to your account with whichever company is hosting your website and update the records there. If you need any help, please let me know you're email address and I try to walk you through it tomorrow x
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison. I am not getting any message when I try to go on the page except that Microsoft edge has closed the page and cannot connect. I would appreciate any help you can give me. My email address is mariealicejoan at aol dot com Thank you so much!

      Delete
  6. When I click on the sight it goes to Huge Domains and theenglishkitchen.com is for sale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't you a little ray of sunshine. Why do you come here and only drip negativity? One wonders. In any case, my domain is not a .com domain it is .co and not for sale.

      Delete
  7. Many apologies, my browser changed it to .com. I was being sincere in pointing out what happened, although it didn’t come across that way. Sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. My apologies as well. I am slightly touchy on this subject at the moment and my reaction was not the best. Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!