Tuesday 29 November 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 



FOR TODAY, November 29th, 2022

Outside my window ...
Cool and overcast, but dry. It rained all day yesterday and was a bit milder, even though it felt cold. Today the temperatures have dropped. Brr.... it's cold!

I am thinking ...
How sad it is to see Mr. McGregor's house emptying. It's also a lot of work for those involved. Food for thought there. I want things to be as easy for my family as possible when the time comes.

I am thankful for ...
Everything. For being here. For my family. For my faith. For my home. For my cats. For my home. For being able to support myself. I have much to be grateful for.

From the kitchen ...



Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin and veggies.  Delicious, quick and simple to make.

On my "to Cook" list ...



Tartlette.   Swedish Walnut Tea Ring. This looks fabulous!

I am wearing ...
A flannel nightie and love, love, loving it. Cozy and warm.

Good to know ...


I am wanting to create ...



Pixie Hill   Little Acorn Houses.





No source, but very cute.




Bugs and Fishes.  Seriously cute.


  




Pretty by Hand. So simple and yet very pretty. Pattern by Posie. 



No source, but I love this.


I am reading ...



The Girls in the Stilt House, by Kelly Mustian

Set in 1920s Mississippi, this debut Southern novel weaves a beautiful and harrowing story of two teenage girls cast in an unlikely partnership through murder—perfect for readers of Where the Crawdads Sing and If the Creek Don't Rise. 

 Ada promised herself she would never go back to the Trace, to her hard life on the swamp and her harsh father. But now, after running away to Baton Rouge and briefly knowing a different kind of life, she finds herself with nowhere to go but back home. And she knows there will be a price to pay with her father. 

 Matilda, daughter of a sharecropper, is from the other side of the Trace. Doing what she can to protect her family from the whims and demands of some particularly callous locals is an ongoing struggle. She forms a plan to go north, to pack up the secrets she's holding about her life in the South and hang them on the line for all to see in Ohio. 

 As the two girls are drawn deeper into a dangerous world of bootleggers and moral corruption, they must come to terms with the complexities of their tenuous bond and a hidden past that links them in ways that could cost them their lives.

Have only just started this. So far, so good.

I am looking forward to ...
Spending time with Cindy today.  Love spending time with my sister. I think we are going to try out the new drive through car wash in Greenwood.

Dreaming about ...

 


Brambly Hedge, a chair by the fire . . .


 

A walk in the snow . . . 

 

A Wind in the Willows warm welcome . . .

 


A candle in the window . . . 

 


Bringing home the tree . . .


Corners of my kingdom ... 



Waiting to be decorated . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Winter is the time for stories, 
staying fast by the glow of the fire. 
And outside, in the darkness, 
the stars are brighter 
than you can possibly imagine.”
~Isabel Greenberg•。★★ 。* 。


And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       


8 comments:

  1. I’ve stitched that AP tree fun to make..I know for one it’s a lot for families to empty parents homes having been a realtor for so long.But we have to live..I can’t throw everything out ..what if I live 20 more yrs..I’d like to craft and bake ..etc..it’s a conundrum.I think about it for sure.Have a good day..Monique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have to stitch all my AP ornies all over again. Sad but I will have to buy the patterns all over again as well! DUH! You are right it is a conundrum as far as emptying homes. I see that poor grandson across the road there everyday spending hours emptying his grandfather's home. It makes me sad to watch. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your tree looks lovely, Marie,with only the lights. Have fun with Cindy today. Stay warm. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine! I may get around to decorating it. It does make me a bit sad when I think of all the beautiful ornaments I left behind. But it is what it is! Cindy and I had a great time as usual! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. It's a dull day here, maybe rain tomorrow. Your tree looks pretty with just the lights. Are the cats getting used to it? Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cats are getting used to it for sure Linda! It was on the floor the first morning after I put it up, but they haven't bothered it since. Whew! xoxo

      Delete
  4. What to do with our precious possessions as we age…hmmm…do we purge so our family won’t have to make tough decisions or do we just enjoy…’que sera sera’….? Hmmmm….???
    Wishing you a most delightful day. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a real conundrum V! I say we live our lives and enjoy our things while we may. We won't be around to worry about it after! Lovely day to you too! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!