Thursday 17 November 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 


A few of the things in my life which make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they make your heart go pitter pat also! 
 



Michael Bublé's Christmas music. I listened to it on YouTube on my telly all yesterday afternoon. Left it on for the cats when I went out for supper with my dad and it was still playing when I got home. Yay! Happy happy.



Wool.  Especially in these colors.  Love. Love. Love.


 

First snowfall of the year. Hasn't happened here yet. Plenty of rain but no snow. That first one is always so exciting. I am not sure why I get so excited, but I do.


 

Window shutters.  That was one of the things I loved about the place I stayed at in France. The windows all had these wooden shutters. Perfect for keeping out the cold, and the light in the early morning.


 

Diamonds. I love how they sparkle. I don't really have many. I have an eternity ring that I bought for myself with five small diamonds on it, one for each child (in my mind) and I have my engagement ring, which is a sapphire surrounded by diamonds, like Princess Diana's ring. That's it.  

I'm not really much of a jewelry person, although I do like rings and brooches. Oh, and earrings. Oh heck. I guess I am a jewelry person.


 

Dolls, especially handmade dolls  . . . 


 

Post cards and stationery. I love stationery and stationery supplies, any kind of stationery supplies.


 


Vintage jewelry cases with their vintage locks . . . 


 

Prettily decorated little girls' rooms. Oh how I would have loved to have been able to decorate my girls' bedroom like this. So sweet! Hard to make that bed though I would imagine!


 

Vintage cutlery with a heft to it.  I love cutlery with a heft.


 

Fairy lights.  Love them . . . 

 

Love the sunny disposition of this kitchen. 


 

Sleeping alcoves . . . 


 

Chandeliers  . . .  so lovely and sparkly. 


 

A room with a view . . . 

And those are some of my favorite things for this week!

A thought to carry with you . . .





 

 








Its a picture one for today . . .



In the kitchen today  . . .  How to Cook Brussels Sprouts Perfectly.  They are a vegetable people either love or loathe.  Perhaps proper cooking can convert someone!


I hope you have the loveliest of lovely days!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget!!


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!




3 comments:

  1. I'm a bracelet person, favourites are one from my grandfather when I was 16, and a charm bracelet collected when we were first married. A bit of snow left from yesterday, more on the weekend. Have a lovely day, yes, time for some Christas music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your favorites but girl, I am gonna fight you over Michael Buble' (haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, I loved my visit... it's such a sweet little stop and feels like a little escape! We awoke to a surprise snow this morning (the second snow this week). Lovely, but it's quite cold and it really did catch everyone napping. The roads were horribly icy, lots of accidents. I was 30 minutes late getting to work because I was stuck in traffic following one of them

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!