Tuesday 15 November 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

  


FOR TODAY, November 15, 2022

Outside my window ...
Its overcast and very cool. I think that the temperature is 0* C. which is about 32* F. It is not raining which makes a change for garbage day.

I am thinking ...
About the 15,000 protestors in Iran that are going to be executed. If this is true, this is appalling. Absolutely appalling. The world needs to stop that from happening.

I am thankful for ...
That I live and have always lived in countries that have freedom. May I never take these freedoms for granted.

In the kitchen ...



Cheesy Garlic and Brown Sugar Pork Chops.  These are amazing. Simple.  Delicious.  I have made the brown sugar chops for years, adding cheese has turned them from wow into wowza!

On my "to Cook" list ...




Lady Behind the Curtain, Coconut Chocolate Bars. These look fabulous!


Good to know ... 


I am wanting to create ...



I am awfully tempted sometimes to get one of these adult doll house kits that you see which make a miniature house with lights, etc.  Sometimes it is just a room.  But then I think when would I ever have the time to do one of those?  Probably next to never.



No source, but love these  . . . 



These too  . . . 


Ash Tree Cottage . . . love this . . . 



Again, I could not find the source for these . . .  sigh . . . 


I am reading ...



The Life She Was Given, by Ellen Marie Wiseman

On a summer evening in 1931, Lilly Blackwood glimpses circus lights from the grimy window of her attic bedroom. Lilly isn’t allowed to explore the meadows around Blackwood Manor. She’s never even ventured beyond her narrow room. Momma insists it’s for Lilly’s own protection, that people would be afraid if they saw her. But on this unforgettable night, Lilly is taken outside for the first time—and sold to the circus sideshow. 

 More than two decades later, nineteen-year-old Julia Blackwood has inherited her parents’ estate and horse farm. For Julia, home was an unhappy place full of strict rules and forbidden rooms, and she hopes that returning might erase those painful memories. Instead, she becomes immersed in a mystery involving a hidden attic room and photos of circus scenes featuring a striking young girl. 

 At first, The Barlow Brothers’ Circus is just another prison for Lilly. But in this rag-tag, sometimes brutal world, Lilly discovers strength, friendship, and a rare affinity for animals. Soon, thanks to elephants Pepper and JoJo and their handler, Cole, Lilly is no longer a sideshow spectacle but the circus’s biggest attraction...until tragedy and cruelty collide. It will fall to Julia to learn the truth about Lilly’s fate and her family’s shocking betrayal, and find a way to make Blackwood Manor into a place of healing at last. 

 Moving between Julia and Lilly’s stories, Ellen Marie Wiseman portrays two extraordinary, very different women in a novel that, while tender and heartbreaking, offers moments of joy and indomitable hope.

I have only just started this book. But so far so good.


I am looking forward to ...

Possibly going out with my sister today, and going out to supper with dad and his friends tomorrow night. Its nice to get out and about, and the company is quite good! 

Dreaming about ...

 

Leaf pies  . . . 

 

The first snowfall of the year. I know I am alone in that . . . 


 

Hot cocoa with marshmallows  . . . 


 

Cosy sunsets  . . . 

 

Warm Socks  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 


Cheeky  . . . 

Something to watch ... 



I just started watching Anne with an e again on Netflix. I'm also watching Father Knows Best, Hazel and The Donna Reid Show on my Roku.

Corners of my kingdom ... 



All things bright and beautiful . . . I am well prepared for cold Winter nights . . .

A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Never be a prisoner 
of your past.•。★★ 。* 。
It was just a lesson,•。★★ 。* 。 
not a life sentence.•。★★ 。* 。
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。

And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       




3 comments:

  1. Our first snow is supposed to start arriving later today and overnight into tomorrow. The first snow is always so pretty. I call it birthday snow as 2nd daughter has a birthday on the 17th and it usually snows around that time. It's really frosty this morning, with a red sky, perhaps warning us of the snow that is coming. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes , such awful things in the news . So much utter horror and misery at the command of just one or two men when don't we all just want to live in peace ? I can't bear to hear nor see anymore .I too am thankful for where I live and the freedom I have to be who I want to be .

    ReplyDelete
  3. No new snow here in Utah, but it is still so cold. The book you are reading sounds very good. I completely agree with you about living in a free country. What is happening in Iran is such a tragedy. I hope you are having a good week. I always enjoy stopping by to see what is new with you. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!