Thursday 3 November 2022

My Favorite Things . . .



A few of the things in my life which make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they make your heart go pitter pat also!  




Look what my sister made me! Luna's got a new dress by way of the cutest wrap around you have ever seen. I just need to make a blouse to go under it. I have all the fabric to make a few other outfits, just have not had the time to do it. This is so adorable! Cindy is such a beautiful seamstress. I am in awe of her talents. Thank you so much Sis!




Anything with cherries printed on it. Especially vintage looking linens. 




I always loved Mary Englebreit. I got turned off of her a few years back, but I am loving her again. I just tune out the negative stuff.




Paper Dolls. I adored them when I was a child. I adore them now. I had a huge box full of them. Well it seemed huge to me. The girl next door, Avril, had outgrown hers and her mother gave them to me. I spend hours with my paper dolls when I was a child.



I always loved Victoria Magazine. I used to buy it all the time. Have not seen one in years, although I do believe it is still in production.  I don't think any magazine is the same anymore.  The few magazines I have looked at don't seem to be the same quality as they were years ago.  Twice as expensive and half as good.




Wool blankets and throws.  I love them.


 

Covered bridges . . . not many left now. 


 

Snowmen . . . 

 

Perfectly cooked Prime Rib  . . . 


 

Jingle Bells  . . . 


 

Stained glass . . . At one time I wanted to learn the art, but it was too expensive a hobby to get into.




Blessed to be surrounded by them . . . 




This . . . he barely fits into it now. He is such a big cat.



Tea Cup Candles  . . . 



Crown candles! 



Salt and pepper shakers  . . . 



Hats with veils. I cannot wear a hat. I look silly, but I love hats.




Rhinestone buttons . . .  I'm like a crow. If it sparkles, I am there.



If I was ever tempted, it would be something like this  . . . 



Blue and white  . . . 



Oh my . . .







I always wanted a bride doll . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week.   Books, poetry, art, music . . . all favorites.


I was able to order myself two flannel nightgowns yesterday and I am pretty sure they will fit. Thanks so much for your recommendations. Not cheap, but they should last me a very long time!


I read yesterday that deaths from Covid in the UK are up by 21%.  Makes me more determined than ever to keep being careful and wear my mask when around people I am not normally around.


A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。 ★★ 。 * 。
° 。 ° ̨° ̨ * _P______。 *˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。 ˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*When Joy is a habit,
Love is a reflex.•。★★ 。* 。




In The English Kitchen today . . . Cheesy Baked Tortellini.  My sister gave me this recipe last week and I finally got around to making it, albeit in a much smaller amount. Oh boy, but it was some good! I loved it!

I hope you have a wonderful day filled with lots of your favorite things and people. Whatever you get up to, stay safe and don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


4 comments:

  1. Luna is the best dressed doll around. Covid deaths up in Canada too, mostly elderly seniors and those who already have another issue. Not good. I made you stuffing yesterday with chicken, delicious. It will be included in the Christmas menu for sure. Dense fog this morning, gives everything an eerie sound. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue quilt is so awesome and what cute doggie salt and pepper shakers!! And your sister is such a good seamstress...very hard doing those small things!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly, your favorites, Marie, are often my favs! Love blue and white, your good friends ( Nutmeg and Cinnamon), bride dolls, good food, snowmen, etc. The new dress is simply perfect, love it, Cindy is very talented. It’s going to be a lovely day, enjoy. V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luna looks very cute in her new dress. I played with paper dolls for hours when I was a kid. My best friend and I would cut clothes out of Eaton's and Simpson's catalogues for our dolls. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!