Tuesday 1 November 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY, November 1st, 2022

Outside my window ...
It's still quite dark and its cool. But things are quiet and it's not raining, which makes a change for garbage day!  Revised - just opened my curtains and it is raining. Weird. Every garbage day.

I am thinking ...
Rabbit Rabbit! It's the first of November! This year is flying by at the speed of light. Had a lovely Halloween yesterday.  Cindy and Dad came over for supper (pork chops with mushroom soup gravy, rice and green beans, leftover apple crisp for dessert) and then Dan came over after work with his pumpkins and helped to dole out the treats. We finished off by watching episodes of the old Adam's Family show on tv!  I love my family. I feel so blessed!

I am thankful for ...
My family and special times spent together.

In the kitchen ...


Sweet & Easy Curried Chicken. 4 ingredients. 5 minutes prep. 30 minutes in the oven. Delicious!


On my "To Cook" list ...



This actually looks very good.  No source.

Good to know ... 



I know my friend Jackie uses it to brush her teeth and she says it is really healthy for the gums.


I am wanting to create ...




No source, but aren't they beautiful!



Again, no source, but so cute!



Garden Therapy.  I have been looking for this recipe to make the cinnamon dough ornaments.




Again, no source, but aren't they sweet!




Crows in the Attic on Etsy.  Cute! 

I am reading ...



Pachinko, by Min Jin Lee
"There could only be a few winners, and a lot of losers. And yet we played on, because we had hope that we might be the lucky ones." 

 In the early 1900s, teenaged Sunja, the adored daughter of a crippled fisherman, falls for a wealthy stranger at the seashore near her home in Korea. He promises her the world, but when she discovers she is pregnant--and that her lover is married--she refuses to be bought. Instead, she accepts an offer of marriage from a gentle, sickly minister passing through on his way to Japan. But her decision to abandon her home, and to reject her son's powerful father, sets off a dramatic saga that will echo down through the generations. 

 Richly told and profoundly moving, Pachinko is a story of love, sacrifice, ambition, and loyalty. From bustling street markets to the halls of Japan's finest universities to the pachinko parlors of the criminal underworld, Lee's complex and passionate characters--strong, stubborn women, devoted sisters and sons, fathers shaken by moral crisis--survive and thrive against the indifferent arc of history.

I am really enjoying this book.  More than I have done any book in a while.

Looking forward to ... 
Jenny is coming to do my toenails this morning. She is a real talker. She used to do mom's toenails as well.

Dreaming about...

 

Book with pretty covers  . . . 

 

Old tin kettles  . . . 

 

A cozy fire  . . . 



Little knitted bears . . . 

 


Roasted potatoes  . . . 

Makes me smile ...

Jon, Kayla and Jake, Halloween 2022



Luke and Anne, Halloween 2022

 


Dan with his beautifully carved pumpkins, Halloween 2022


Corners of my kingdom ... 




A lot of the dads and mums were dressed up last night as well. 




This dad had the  most amazing dinosaur costume! 


  

That's a wrap!
(how to people get their pets to do these things?)



A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *If you must look back,
do so forgivingly.
If you must look forward,
do so prayerfully.
However, the wisest thing
for you to do is to be present
in the present, gratefully.
~Maya Angelou•。★★ 。* 。


And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       


2 comments:

  1. I use hydrogen peroxide mixed to a paste with baking soda and it removes stubborn stains on baking sheets. I have accidentally deleted comments too, no problem about yesterday. Some cute Christmas ideas sneaking in on your finds. It is a dull, damp, dreary and foggy start to November. So glad you had some trick or treaters at your home, none at our house, so I enjoy photos of others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and crafts, thanks for the tour around your place. Gotta love that Dan. Rabbit Rabbit, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!