Tuesday 22 November 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY, November 22, 2022

Outside my window ...
The snow is hanging on. Still cold. Still there, but somewhat diminished. I had expected it to be all gone by now.

I am thinking ...
About putting as much Christ into my Christmas as possible. Afterall, He is the reason for the season.

I am thankful for ...
I was lying in bed last night listing my blessings and feeling so grateful for each and every one of them. Life is not perfect, it never is, but it is filled with abundance and more things to be grateful for than I can shake a stick at!

From the kitchen ...


A delicious Date & Coffee Sponge Cake.  Moist and studded with plenty of chunks of date with a sweet coffee crackle glaze, this cake is to die for.

On my "To Cook" list ... 

 



Sous Chef Baby, Roasted Onions with Gruyere Cheese.

I am wearing ...
One of my nighties from the Old Vermont Country Store. I got two of them and they are so warm and cosy, and such good quality. I will probably die before these are worn out.


Good to know ...

 

I am wanting to create ...



Yay for Yarn. Corner to Corner moss stitch wash cloth.




Paper Snowflake Art. How to make a paper snowflake snowman. 



Fox and Pine Stitches.  Marshmallow Mug Hats. Cute!




AdKnits.  How to embroider on knitted fabric.





Hobby Lesson. Forty crafts to make with old greeting cards.


I am reading ...



The Life She Was Given, by Ellen Marie Wiseman

On a summer evening in 1931, Lilly Blackwood glimpses circus lights from the grimy window of her attic bedroom. Lilly isn’t allowed to explore the meadows around Blackwood Manor. She’s never even ventured beyond her narrow room. Momma insists it’s for Lilly’s own protection, that people would be afraid if they saw her. But on this unforgettable night, Lilly is taken outside for the first time—and sold to the circus sideshow. 

 More than two decades later, nineteen-year-old Julia Blackwood has inherited her parents’ estate and horse farm. For Julia, home was an unhappy place full of strict rules and forbidden rooms, and she hopes that returning might erase those painful memories. Instead, she becomes immersed in a mystery involving a hidden attic room and photos of circus scenes featuring a striking young girl. 

 At first, The Barlow Brothers’ Circus is just another prison for Lilly. But in this rag-tag, sometimes brutal world, Lilly discovers strength, friendship, and a rare affinity for animals. Soon, thanks to elephants Pepper and JoJo and their handler, Cole, Lilly is no longer a sideshow spectacle but the circus’s biggest attraction...until tragedy and cruelty collide. It will fall to Julia to learn the truth about Lilly’s fate and her family’s shocking betrayal, and find a way to make Blackwood Manor into a place of healing at last. 

 Moving between Julia and Lilly’s stories, Ellen Marie Wiseman portrays two extraordinary, very different women in a novel that, while tender and heartbreaking, offers moments of joy and indomitable hope.

Yes, it takes me a long time to read a book.

I am looking forward to ...
Spending some time with my sister today.  I always enjoy spending time with her.

Dreaming about ...

 


Christmas Cookies . . .

 

Christmas Turkey . . . 

 

Danish Butter Cookies . . . love them.

 

Mince Pies . . . 

 

Wassail . . .

Makes me smile ...

 

The beauty of Mother Nature through all of the seasons . . .

Corners of my kingdom ...



November sunshine  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Some days are better,
some days are worse.
Look for the blessing
instead of the curse.
Be positive, stay strong,
and get enough rest.
You can't do it all,
but you can do your best.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。

And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       


4 comments:

  1. Lovely to think you get to spend more time with your sister!! Hope you have a great day!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. We have always got along like peas and carrots! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Good morning, it is a dull day here, the snow we got a few days ago is frozen solid so guess it is here to stay. I'm working on some felt snowflakes plus still doing a few rows daily on my afghan. Can't do more than that as my arthritis bothers me too much. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can really empathize about the arthritis Linda. I am in the same boat! I hobble around here like I am 100 years old most days lately! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!